checking in the cruise

becky23

Mouseketeer
what time do you arrive in the pier to check in? last year we were in line for a really long time so I was wondering what is the earliest most of you get to the pier?

I believe the pier opens up about 10:30. You normally board about noon. The closer you arrive to noon - the longer the line. If you can't get there real early plan to arrive about 12:30 and the line should be gone - it moves quickly.

We arrived at the doc about 2:30, we went right up and only had like a 2 minute wait in line. It worked out well. We did miss the lunch buffet. For us that was not an issue, and there were other places to eat.
DCL 8/03
HAL 12/03
DCL 8/04

We were there last week to check in about 12:20, they had already started boarding and we had no wait to get to the counter. There was no line for boarding either. It went so quick we took time to look around the terminal after.

Having the security screening outside, before entering the terminal sure speeds up the process of actual boarding. Even when the line to board gets long, it moves fast once the doors to the ship opens up.

SO . . . if we'd like to arrive around 10:30 or so, what time do you sugggest we have a towncar service pick us up if we stay in:

a.) Altamonte Springs

b.) at the Airport (MCO)

(We haven't decided exactly we're we're staying)

Thanks,

I don't know about Altamonte Springs, but from the airport to port takes us about 40 minutes. It takes us about an hour to 75 minutes to drive from the Disney resorts to the boat.

If I were leaving from the airport I would want to be picked up no later than 10. Getting to the port by 11 seems to work well for us, lines aren't generally too long and you don't have to wait for them to begin boarding for more than a half hour or so.

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter