Checking wireless plans

spiders

DIS Veteran
So, just a tip. Every now and then I always go into my wireless account and hit “change plan” to see what else is available because I’ve often gotten better plans just by changing from my existing one.

An email from Verizon offering $70 per line made me go back to my AT&T account and look again. I was at a $145 per month for two lines unlimited. Well, the latest unlimited plan offered was $130 with free HBO Max.

Just an easy thing to do that might save money.

you can also hit up carriers to look at your current plan and see if they can add features at no cost. i've got an OLD at&t plan they haven't offered in years (i pay less than $150 for 4 lines unlimited) and was planning to travel to canada from the u.s. a year or so ago. i called planning to add (for a fee) coverage just for the period of time we would be there only to find that north american continental coverage was standard with most of their plans so they were willing to add it on permanently at no fee. so if you see an ad for your carrier that claims 'all our plans come standard with....' and yours does'nt currently-hit them up.

I would also suggest checking out mobile virtual network operators, or MVNOs. They rent out the cell phone network from the Big guys and sell it to you at a profit. Now, your connection may not be as good and your data may be slower but that isn’t important for most people.

I am with AT&T prepay (used to be called Go Phone) and I pay $62 per month for 2 lines with more data than I need.

An email from Verizon offering $70 per line made me go back to my AT&T account and look again.

Just an easy thing to do that might save money.

Ouch. I won't complain about my $40 per line plan from Verizon. Unlimited talk and text, 3GB data with carryover. We rarely use 1 GB on two phones.

I am SHOCKED at how much some pay for cell phone service. $70 per line? That is double what I pay through Straight Talk - unlimited talk, text & 2g data that I haven't used half of ever.

There are plenty of options available for cheaper than $70 but data is all that matters these days. Everyone has unlimited talk and text. The days of anytime minutes vs. night & weekend are long gone.

So glad I got a veterans deal with sprint. 100 dollars for four phones. Unlimited everything.
like 120 time the tax is added on. Anyone who is a veteran check to see if they have a deal for veterans.

I was thinking the ops high prices is a bad place to post it here on the budget board. But than again we can learn from other people mistakes and can help other people out. I’m a veteran so I save huge amount of money. If I wasn’t a veteran they have lots of better deals than what the op is paying for the same thing.

I will admit that I haven’t had Sprint in years. Sprint was definitely a lot cheaper when I had them. But I also remember standing in Animal Kingdom trying to get service. They were terrible. Leaving Sprint and paying a lot more for something else was money well spent.

I switched to Total Wireless. $25/month. 5% discount for auto pay. Every few months I buy 5GB data for $10 (Buy with my Red Card so $9.50 at Target). And there’s a rewards program so a couple times a year I get 5GB data for free.
I’ve been using this for 2.5 years and haven’t had any issues.

We pay $33 a month per phone with Boost we get 10GB. I get the top up cards with my Red Card and last month Target offer $10 gift card if you spent $50. Got rid of Verizon 7 yrs ago and it was the best thing we could have ever done.

I pay $130/mo through US Cellular for 4 lines, unlimited talk, text & data. If we keep our data usage low we get $10 per line back.

We pay $30 per month for Cricket. I think it is unlimited data but we never really use that much.

If you are old enough. The T-Mobile Magenta 55+ plan is good. $70 including all taxes for two lines. Unlimited talk, text and data and they only start throttling at 50GB per line.

If you are old enough. The T-Mobile Magenta 55+ plan is good. $70 including all taxes for two lines. Unlimited talk, text and data and they only start throttling at 50GB per line.

But if you are a single person you will probably pay close to that for ONE line. For us single people everything is more expensive everything is based on 2 people or families of 4.

But if you are a single person you will probably pay close to that for ONE line. For us single people everything is more expensive everything is based on 2 people or families of 4.

That’s why my wife and I have our grownup son on there and my mom. My dad was on there but he decided he didn’t want a phone anymore. To add people it wasn’t that much more after the second person.

Total Wireless user here, I pay $100 a month for 4 lines. DD pays $50 a month for her single line. It's actually less because I buy the refills at Target when they are B1G1 10% off plus my 5% redcard discount.
It is on the Verizon network. We have unlimited data, but after I think 25GBs each it gets slower. None of us have ever reached that though so speed has never been issue. Dh and I don't really use our data, but I have 3 kids who do everything on their phones and there's never been issue not being a real Verizon customer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts