Chef de France or Bistro de Paris

Linda L.

Mouseketeer
My 17 yr old went to Boston today with his girlfriend and ate lunch at a French restaurant. He asked if we could go to a French restaurant in Epcot. I've been to many of the Epcot restaurants but never these two. I looked on Debs for menus and am slightly confused. Are these both full serve restaurants in France. Bistro looked more expensive. Are they both decent? Which does everyone recommend and what would you order.
Thanks,
Linda

Is this for just you and your son? Or all three of you? In any case I have done both of them and I would go with Les Chefs de France, preferably at lunch. Both resturants are wonderful, but Bistro is very formal, plus it only serves dinner. I would save it for a very special occasion like a proposal, or an anniversary. Consider it on par with California Grill.

I might be a bit biased because Les Chefs is my favorite resturant in the World. My family and I always try and make it our first luch there. The food is excellent, the wait staff is friendly and there are some good values on the menu (try the Chefs Menu). I prefer lunch because the bright sunlight streaming though the windows just adds to the cheerful atmosphere of the place, plus the prices are more reasonable, and it is just a lovely way to break up the day, especialy when it is hot outside.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. Hope this helps!

Melissa

Did you son and GF go to Maison Robert in Boston?

If you want an excellent meal in a French Cafe atmosphere then definitely Chefs de France.

The Bistro de Paris is very good, only open for dinner, and the atmosphere is formal. (you don't have to dress formal)

As an FYI there IS a dress code at Bistro, although not formal, it's no cutoff's, bathing suits, tank tops, and I wnat to think a Collared shirt is preferred for gentlemen.

A co-worker just got back, she and her DH walked up to Bistro and inquired about dining there. They were told there was availability later that evening, although they would need to return after they had changed, as they weren't properly dressed for the place. They passed and ate at Chef's instead.

So I guess they have started to enforce the dress code.

Anne

Thanks for the help. Not sure where they ate, as he's still in bed, but he had Monk fish and loved it. The girlfriend paid as he quit his job. Don't know how long she'll put up with that! When he mentioned the French restaurant, I started thinking that I did Canada and Morocco last time as well as California Grill, but I don't know why I never considered either of the French restaurants.
I was planning on returning to California Grill and Canada this time as they were definately our two favorites. Other than that I haven't really planned yet and we're going in August.
This is my quickest trip ever, as he didn't want to come because of the girlfriend. My husband insisted. There's actually 4 of us as I have a 14 yr old also.
The 17 yr old actually went vegetarian last year after starting to seriously date. The last girlfriend and this one are both vegetarian. I do have to check Le Cellier's menu to make sure he can still eat there.

We love Bistro de Paris. The food is wonderful. We've been going for years and I never knew there was a dress code. My fiance always has on a collared shirt and golf shorts and I always wear skirt outfits to the parks, so perhaps that's why. The atmosphere is lovely - you don't even realize you're inside of a theme park.

Chefs de France is good too, but I'd have to say Bistro is better.

We were at Epcot the second week of June and had dinner at Bistro de Paris. I was wearing a tanktop and shorts, my DS was in a t-shirt and shorts and a dress code was never mentioned. :confused:

It is quite formal but we loved it. The food was excellent and our server was too handsome! I think I may have been a bit smitten...or maybe it was that glass of Kir Royale. :p

As a side note, if I were to return there for dinner I probably would dress a little nicer than I did this last time.

Originally posted by ducklite
As an FYI there IS a dress code at Bistro, although not formal, it's no cutoff's, bathing suits, tank tops, and I wnat to think a Collared shirt is preferred for gentlemen.

A co-worker just got back, she and her DH walked up to Bistro and inquired about dining there. They were told there was availability later that evening, although they would need to return after they had changed, as they weren't properly dressed for the place. They passed and ate at Chef's instead.

So I guess they have started to enforce the dress code.

Anne

That's funny that there is a dress code upstairs. I figured there would be because it has such a upscale feel to it (just looking up the stairs). I have dined at Chef's and it also has a upscale feel and the waitors and waitresses are dress so nice, then you see a guy with a tank top and a kid with the Mickey mouse ears and then I remember where I am.

Last time I went to Chef's I had the French Menu for Lunch and it was very good. You get a Ham Sandwich (not a regular ham sandwich, very good), onion soup (Excellent) and Creme Brulee. This is a most do on my list now. Especially if you want to try it and not spend that much.

I'd pick the Bistro (and the Flying Fish, but that's another thread). The food is really worth the expense and the change of outfit (not to mention the view). I'd skip the creme brulee (only because you can get that pretty much anywhere) and go for something more exotic, dessert-wise. Oh, and the wine...sigh. Oh, and spring for dessert wine too. Except for DS and his GF, of course.

Well, my DH and DS are calling. Time for my pizza. Sigh again.

My 16 year old nephew voted Les Chef de France as the best resteraunt in Disney. He said it had the best food he has ever had, though it might have something to do with the adorable waitress who flirted with him the entire time. It is the one place that I demand to eat at every time we go. The creme brulee is yummy and the onion soup is amazing.

I knew my husband's scallop entree must have been delicous when his eyes rolled back into his head. We all enjoyed our lunch at Les Chef's de France.

Lori

We've been to Chefs de France twice and Bistro once, and we found the quality of the food at Bistro to be far superior. We enjoy the quieter, more formal atmosphere. I wore a skirt, which was versatile enough to wear in the park, but not too hot or formal. DH wore a polo shirt and slacks.
We did see a woman seated at a table a bit away from us, wearing a string bikini and one of those wraps to cover her bottom half. Her child shrieked the entire time, and she just sat there blithely in her bathing suit, dining in a fairly formal restaurant!
Hopefully they are getting a bit better about enforcing some sort of dress code. As long as you're not in a string bikini, I'm okay :)
Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter