Chef Mickey's now closing for rehab from late November through December

I'm curious if others are keeping their CM reservations for this time given that it will be in the Convention Center. I'm on the fence since it's my 2 year old's first visit and he LOVES Mickey... but am still leaning towards canceling and trying CM on the next trip.

I'm curious if others are keeping their CM reservations for this time given that it will be in the Convention Center. I'm on the fence since it's my 2 year old's first visit and he LOVES Mickey... but am still leaning towards canceling and trying CM on the next trip.
We have and ADR for breakfast on 12/22 and haven't heard anything. We went 12 years ago when the kids were in high chairs and strollers and we wanted to try and capture the same picture of them with the characters. Bottom line...the food there is average....at best. The allure of CM is the characters....and the location. With the high ceilings and full glass wall....it's very bright and with the monorail coming through.....it's a big part of the package. Tough decision...good luck!

We have and ADR for breakfast on 12/22 and haven't heard anything. We went 12 years ago when the kids were in high chairs and strollers and we wanted to try and capture the same picture of them with the characters. Bottom line...the food there is average....at best. The allure of CM is the characters....and the location. With the high ceilings and full glass wall....it's very bright and with the monorail coming through.....it's a big part of the package. Tough decision...good luck!

Thanks for the response! The location was definitely part of the allure... Hopefully your ADR on 12/22 isn't affected. :)

He won't know there's another location. Then when you take him back, it will be a whole new experience. At 2, he would probably be fine with Mickey anywhere.

He won't know there's another location. Then when you take him back, it will be a whole new experience. At 2, he would probably be fine with Mickey anywhere.

That's a very good point! I've been disappointed myself but he won't have a clue. Thanks!! :)

TH is another very lovely place to eat w Mickey. And the food is very very good, win win!

I removed posts or quoted posts that were looking for an adr. We don't do that

You can subscribe to the cancel thread. Folks have also had luck w tour planners reservation finder

Good luck!

We never ate there before and have our first reservation for December 21. What will we be missing from the old location? Not sure now if I want to change it now or not.

We never ate there before and have our first reservation for December 21. What will we be missing from the old location? Not sure now if I want to change it now or not.
It's got the high ceilings....the wall of glass from the side of the Contemporary and the Monorail comes through overhead. It's very bright and open....I can only assume the convention center will be more dim and "cramped" Most don't go for the food they go for the characters and the ambiance. We have the 22nd. Fingers crossed it'll be done!

I have done Chef Mickey's every trip, and have any of you seen Daisy there? In 2016, we did both breakfast and dinner, and we spotted Daisy at breakfast instead of Goofy. And if you don't believe me, then here is proof that Daisy can appear rarely:
(Credit to Meet the Miller's for the video)

I received an email today for the location change. We have dinner reservations on 12/6. We have a 1 year old and 3 year old and are def keeping the reservation. Our kids are small enough all they care about is the characters and I'm pretty confident while it's not the normal location (we have been 3 times before) it will still be very "Disney"

I received an email today for the location change. We have dinner reservations on 12/6. We have a 1 year old and 3 year old and are def keeping the reservation. Our kids are small enough all they care about is the characters and I'm pretty confident while it's not the normal location (we have been 3 times before) it will still be very "Disney"
You'll be fine!!

I just got an email about our late November reservation. So disappointed!! It says the only thing that will change is then change is the location....the location is what we were going for!
What are the dates? I have a reservation for 11/26 and havent received an email... WE were there in Aug also and did receive email about that one but then they rescinded it and it didnt move from its usual location

What are the dates? I have a reservation for 11/26 and havent received an email... WE were there in Aug also and did receive email about that one but then they rescinded it and it didnt move from its usual location
I just scored reservations for 11–25, 68 days out! It is on my son's seventh birthday. He is going to be so excited! I don't really care if it's not in the contemporary dining room where it usually is. i'm just thrilled that I got a reservation. I'm guessing someone canceled because they found out it will be at the new location, but maybe not?

Read it's supposed to start the 28th. We have brunch the 26th, we haven't received an email either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!