Chef Mickey's now closing for rehab from late November through December

We were on the fence about doing Chef Mickeys.

Have reservations for both 12/13 (late dinner on arrival day) and early breakfast 12/16. We only planned to keep one, but with this news we may get rid of both and opt for dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe 12/13 and replace 12/16 with a Festival of Fantasy Parade Package at Tonys on Main.

We also have not received any email about our reservation being moved.

I ended up canceling my dinner reservation on 11-30. DH, who rarely has a strong opinion on these things, couldn't see the value in having an expensive (and by many accounts, not great) dinner in a conference room - despite the Fab 5. Hoping we get to check it out in it's "true" location next time, but I'll be curious to see reports about the temporary location.

I go the email today. Have two, breakfast 11/28 and dinner 11/22.

Think I may cancel one of them but still keep one. Will wait and see if anyone posts photos closer to the time.

We have a reservation for December 10 and we just received the email yesterday.

2nd floor. It's a nice area
I believe Chef Mickey's will be moved to the main convention center which is attached the the tower building. It will not be moved into one of the conference rooms on the 2nd floor of the tower.

I believe Chef Mickey's will be moved to the main convention center which is attached the the tower building. It will not be moved into one of the conference rooms on the 2nd floor of the tower.
I forgot about the larger center. Yeah, that wouldn’t be so good but you never know. A little Disney Magic and it may be great!

I have a reservation on 12/12 for dinner and my husband says he hasn’t received an email, but he could have easily deleted one without realizing it (I’m the Disney fanatic, I usually book all of the reservations). Anyone else have a reservation on that day, and have you received an email from Disney about the rehab? Thanks in advance!

Lunch there on December 9th and got our email earlier this week. Still on the fence about it...it's awful expensive.

Copied from the Dining Website: Join some favorite Disney Friends for a fun-filled feast at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Note: Due to refurbishments, Chef Mickey’s has relocated to the convention center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort from late November through December 2017. To dine with us, still make your reservation for Chef Mickey's

Does this mean refurbs start in Late November? Our reservation is 11/19 and I haven't gotten an email. Should I assume we're safe? It's for my son's birthday, so I wonder if I should try to get another reservation elsewhere?

Copied from the Dining Website: Join some favorite Disney Friends for a fun-filled feast at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Note: Due to refurbishments, Chef Mickey’s has relocated to the convention center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort from late November through December 2017. To dine with us, still make your reservation for Chef Mickey's

Does this mean refurbs start in Late November? Our reservation is 11/19 and I haven't gotten an email. Should I assume we're safe? It's for my son's birthday, so I wonder if I should try to get another reservation elsewhere?

Last I saw, the refurb was starting around November 28th, so you will hopefully be okay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!