Chef Mickey's now closing for rehab from late November through December

I called Disney yesterday and the CM told me it will be moved from 11/28-12/12. Bummed bc our reservation is 11/28, figures!!

I have a breakfast on 11/20 and a dinner on 11/22 and I received the email. Wonder if they changed the dates

I have a breakfast on 11/20 and a dinner on 11/22 and I received the email. Wonder if they changed the dates

Hmmmm, I have a dinner there on November 21 but have not received the e mail. Maybe I should call.

I called Disney yesterday and the CM told me it will be moved from 11/28-12/12. Bummed bc our reservation is 11/28, figures!!

That would be fantastic as we have 12/14 breakfast ressies. I have not yet gotten the email but got an email about construction at Art of Animation for the gondola so I am getting those types of emails.

Fingers crossed that the refurb is done by then.

I just saw this thread after I booked Chef Mickeys for December 1st. Wish I hadn't given up my Via Napoli ressie....

Emailed Disney, and they called me back. The information they've been given, the closure is scheduled to begin November 28th, but also may move back to November 30. This is why no exact dates have been given. He assured me I was good November 26.

I saw this thread the other day yet I was able to make an ADR for chef Mickey 2 yesterday for 11/25.

I saw this thread the other day yet I was able to make an ADR for chef Mickey 2 yesterday for 11/25.
We will be on the 25th as well and glad the maintaince has moved out as well. I was going to cancel if we were going to be moved to the convention center for this breakfast!

I've asked several cast members and haven't got the same answer or even an answer at all from most of them. I hope it's back in the normal location by December 14th but who knows at this point. I'm waiting to hopefully see some photos of the area so I can make an educated decision on whether to keep our breakfast ADR. I'm trying to get a back up but no luck yet.

We have reservations for Chef Mickey on December 25th and I have a back up reservation for Hollywood & Vine. At this rate, it looks like we'll have to wait until December 24th to find out if Chef Mickey's is open!

We are here this week. They were open yesterday but today they have moved to the Convention Center now.

There's a video of the temporary location floating around on Twitter. It is NOT good. I regretfully just cancelled my reservation, I just can't handle paying that much to be seated on a foldout table at the Business Expo.

Not sure if we can post links to other sites but another site has reported that Chef Mickey's refurb should be concluded by 12/12 or 12/13. They have also posted pictures of what it looks like at the convention center and it doesn't look pretty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter