Chef Mickey's or Backyard BBQ?

floridafam

DIS Veteran
We have a choice between Chef Mickey's or Mickey's Backyard BBQ on Thursday, October 23.

We will be staying at the VWL.

We will not be doing much of anything during the day as this is 2 days before my DH's big race.

What would you do. I'd like it to be fairly relaxing, good food and comfortable seating.

I'm looking at the same two options for October 14! Friends want us to go to Mickey's BBQ with them, but I'm leaning more towards Chef Mickey's for dinner. From what I've read about the BBQ, it's crowded and not too personal. I feel we'll get more pixie dust for our money at CM. But I would love to hear what others have to say!

After hearing many reviews of Mickey's BBQ, only a few good reviews, we cancelled our BBQ PS and were lucky to get PS at Chef Mickey's for dinner. I was really looking forward to the BBQ. My husband could not believe it when I mentioned that we should cancel.

I can truly say we made the right decision. Mind you we have 5 kids, 1 thru 9 yrs old.

We had the best time at Chef Mickey's. The food was awesome, prime rib, shrimp, roast turkey, mickey ravioli, a great children's bar, and the desserts were excellent. The character interaction was great. The kids love the napkin twirling/singing. Even our family picture turned out great.

This was our 1st time to Chef Mickey's and now it will be a tradition. The money saved could then be spent on other fun things.

We did the Backyard BBQ in April. I can't imagine doing this in summer though but fall shoud be ok. My kids didn't like the loud music so we ended up leaving early. The food was really good, bbq ribs, chicken, mac & cheese, hot dogs, corn on the cobb, watermelon, and marble cake, can't remember the rest. Slaw and/or potato salad too I think. It is not as personal as a normal character dinner but the characters do dance on the dance floor most of the time and the kids can too. My kids were too shy. I had heard about standing in line for the characters. When we were there, a CM did bring Mickey up and down the isles to see all the kids. If it isn't too hot, it was really neat, do atleast once. It was $167 I think for our family of 5. Transportation back to your hotel can be a nightmare though. Except for a few, you will have to get a bus to the other FW bus then to Downtown Disney then to your hotel. Unless MK is open late that night. MK closed at 7 pm I think when we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter