CHF

Do you know what hospital is best should we need an emergency room for any reason?

As @gap2368 said, Celebration is probably the most "popular" hospital for folks at WDW. If, for any reason, you feel she needs to go to the hospital while in the parks, be sure to let a CM know that you have a medical issue; they can be tremendously helpful. For "minor" issues, you can always go to the First Aid Station in every Theme Park, however, her diagnosis of CHF will probably mean bypassing the First Aid Station and calling an ambulance ASAP.

If an issue crops up while you are at the Resort hotel, don't call the Front Desk - call 911; the Front Desk on the room phone goes to a call center, and not the folks in the Lobby. (the one exception to that is Fort Wilderness Cabins I have been told)

Reedy Creek Fire & EMS will respond, and can transport her if needed.

I hope you have a great trip! I have CHF too and it's challenging but with proper planning you can all have a great time. With your FP's make sure you're not criss-crossing all over the parks to use them, that'll save time and energy for the person pushing. The wheelchair will help a lot with her energy and if you plan for naps and downtime it should be ok. She'll need to stay hydrated but she'll also have to be careful not to drink too many fluids. I would also plan more TS meals than QS, the QS locations are not really equipped to handle a low sodium diet. All the TS locations can accommodate but be prepared to give them suggestions of things to make for her, at a buffet they will make something separate so it may take a little more time.

I hope you have a great trip! I have CHF too and it's challenging but with proper planning you can all have a great time. With your FP's make sure you're not criss-crossing all over the parks to use them, that'll save time and energy for the person pushing. The wheelchair will help a lot with her energy and if you plan for naps and downtime it should be ok. She'll need to stay hydrated but she'll also have to be careful not to drink too many fluids. I would also plan more TS meals than QS, the QS locations are not really equipped to handle a low sodium diet. All the TS locations can accommodate but be prepared to give them suggestions of things to make for her, at a buffet they will make something separate so it may take a little more time.

Thank you for the kind trip wishes! :) I have not even thought about food yet but good to know. We hope she will have a great time. The trip is for her so we will go at whatever pace works for her.

We just moved the trip up to May from October. Is the weather much worse in May? I hope it is not too hot

We just moved the trip up to May from October. Is the weather much worse in May? I hope it is not too hot
I go the last week of April and last year for the first half of my trip it was nice ( on the warmer side) but the last few days were hot. it is FL so you will not know until you get there.

I go the last week of April and last year for the first half of my trip it was nice ( on the warmer side) but the last few days were hot. it is FL so you will not know until you get there.

I will plan for hot for sure :)

We went 2nd week of may two years ago and it was HOT. Mid to high 90s everyday. I was told it' not usually that hot but for us may was brutal

Oh dear. Yes we will plan for hot then. We will be up early so hopefully that will help

We are going to be at SSR the first 10 days of May - hopefully in Congress Park.

I know it will be hot. I bought a battery operated fan that can clip onto a wheelchair or ECV. a plus I got the frogg togg cooling towel.

O2COOL 5-Inch Battery Operated Clip Fan, Camping Fan, Portable Fan, Battery Operated Portable Fan, Adjustable Clip Fan, AA Battery Fan, Rotating Fan, 5-Inch Fan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01508UXTO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_RvNQAbT0K1K26

I also will wear a wide brimmed hat. I prefer to have my thighs and knees covered as they are much more prone to sunburn when seated than when walking. Liberal use of sunscreen to exposed areas is needed. I sometimes forget how much more sun the tops of my hands can get in a chair or ECV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!