Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Great game...eventually! After the first inning I left to read my book in the tub (I mean there was water in the tub too. I wasn't just sitting in the tub :rotfl:).

It has honestly crossed my mind that Q is still "working" for the Sox. Maybe it's a subconscious thing?? :confused3 My son brought it up last night too so I know I'm not the only one scratching my head while he walks the other team. And that throw to home?? Oy.

Anyway, we got the W and I'm thankful! Now, can we win again tonight or will the win-big-lose-badly pattern repeat itself??Cue the Jaws music... :scared1:

Enjoy your Tuesday, Cubs fans!

Great game...eventually! After the first inning I left to read my book in the tub (I mean there was water in the tub too. I wasn't just sitting in the tub :rotfl:).
Uh huh, sure. It's okay Kristen...if you want to sit in your tub and read, it's not at all weird. :rolleyes:

It has honestly crossed my mind that Q is still "working" for the Sox. Maybe it's a subconscious thing?? :confused3 My son brought it up last night too so I know I'm not the only one scratching my head while he walks the other team. And that throw to home?? Oy.
I think fin nailed it...he just is slow finding his groove. Maybe he needs to warm up a couple more innings worth before the game so his groove comes in the first inning.

Anyway, we got the W and I'm thankful! Now, can we win again tonight or will the win-big-lose-badly pattern repeat itself??Cue the Jaws music... :scared1:

It would be very nice to break the cycle. Come on Cubbies, let's get back to back to back to back to back Ws

if you had this snazzy contraption you could have watched the game in the tub :rolleyes1
s-l1600.jpg

I have no doubt Q still has Sux running through his veins. His excuse had been no run support over there~well, can't use that one for yesterday. Do the Reds have a pretty good offense? Yes, but they weren't getting on by hitting the ball, the ball was hitting them or anywhere but the strike zone.

tonight's lineup~Kewz, you can take another bath, Zobie still out. AAJ in and Vic.

Let's keep the W's coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor's on the mound, back to school!
images
hoping for run support again tonight
images

DHS8y9nXgAApo-2.jpg:large

This should have been a W for Kyle, he just never gets any run support.
So...did anyone else think that the NY Umps watched the challenge of KB @ 1st while wearing their Solar Eclipse glasses?
I also think I was the only one who saw Peralta balk and the only one not happy that Rizzo was HBP!he was WAY more valuable at the plate than on first. Not sure why Caratini was batting after Rizzo, all I know is I miss Miggy, a LOT. If Tommy had to be pulled due to the lefty/righty averages, WHY didn't Happ bunt? Frustrated pitcher who just walked 2 guys~ all he had to do was stand there. I would have bet on JHey to make it home, yes, I know there was only one out. I would have sent him. Need to play aggressively. Goofs like AAJ banked on that throw going to 3rd, not second, Victor not throwing to first in time, Happ not being patient, LOTS of baseball education taught tonight young Cubs....please pass the test next time. STL/Brewers tied in second, 1 1/2 games out. At this time, I am not too impressed with ANY of the Cub trades that took place.I keep hoping it all clicks soon. On the upside? Kyle looked great and his pick of Hamilton was sweet. CJ looked great, his confidence is back!Kyle's last at at was awesome. Turn the page Boy's...Big John pitching tomorrow. Hope he is still in the zone.

So there are 6 active roster Cub players with August birthdays. 3 of those have gone by, all resulting in a loss. 2 of those were to the Giants, a last place team. Today we start the remaining bday's, (3 in a row)again, all against a last place team's. Grimm today, J.Wilson tomorrow and Victor's is Friday(Blue Jay's). I think I know what they should wish for when they blow out their candles.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered in previous posts, but where is everyone's favorite place to watch our favorite team while at WDW? We will be there from 10/21-10/25, during time potential NLCS games 6&7, and WS game 1 will be played. I'd rather watch the game in the company of a bunch of Cubs fans vs. watching in my room. ESPN zone? Disney Springs locations?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered in previous posts, but where is everyone's favorite place to watch our favorite team while at WDW? We will be there from 10/21-10/25, during time potential NLCS games 6&7, and WS game 1 will be played. I'd rather watch the game in the company of a bunch of Cubs fans vs. watching in my room. ESPN zone? Disney Springs locations?
My friend John watched the WS Game 7 (!) at the ESPN Club. They stayed open for the whole game and he said it was AWESOME. They warned people to not whoop it up as they left because of the (non Cubs/Indians) people sleeping above them.

chicago-cubs-fly-the-w.jpg

DHZ2t5YW0AAe8l4.jpg

Man, the Baseball Gods were trolling HARD tonight!
Today is our 31st Anniversary...mighty nice of Javy to be clutch and wheel us to the W as a gift. Barnhart forgot his Yadi glue, lol. Such a pretty first inning GS by the Riz. Schwarb's nailing Cozart at home!:thumbsup2That call on Zobie was absolute BS..getting out of the way of a bunt to try and not be HBP is offering at a bunt ? Absolutely wrong, wrong, WRONG!...The Ump knew he got it wrong or he would have thrown Zobie along with Joe. I feel terrible Big John didn't get his 6th straight W...Hector and CJE better get him something nice:rolleyes1 CO on a scoring frenzy tonight..I hope to heck it doesn't mean they don't score tomorrow against the Brewers. Card's have to still be in shock over blowing their game.

ROBIN~ Not sure when you guys depart but have a fabulous trip!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I am so behind in posting... Fin, you and Doc had me LOLing for real with your comments at top of page.. :rotfl:

Tonight's game had quite a few ups and downs. Very glad to come out with a win!

And yes, the call on Zobie was ridiculous. I was more than happy to see Joe giving the ump a piece of his mind.

Safe travels, Robin!

Sweet dreams, everyone!

I am so behind in posting... Fin, you and Doc had me LOLing for real with your comments at top of page.. :rotfl:
I'm not really sure why...we were the ones laughing at someone sitting in their tub to read. Ooops, no, we weren't laughing. Totally normal thing. DOH!

Tonight's game had quite a few ups and downs. Very glad to come out with a win!

And yes, the call on Zobie was ridiculous. I was more than happy to see Joe giving the ump a piece of his mind.

Safe travels, Robin!

Sweet dreams, everyone!

I wasn't able to watch again. :sad2: I've been crazy busy lately and just more tired and wanting to go to bed.

so I have 2 of the birthdays in the wrong order, does this shock anyone? No tme, lol. Victor is today and Wilson tomorrow. Personally, I like the right way MUCH better. I am symetrical to a fault and now we have Justin, Victor,Justin instead of Justin, Justin, Victor. Whew~MUCH better. I digress, however~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICTOR!!!!!!!!
cubs-catching-prospect-victor-caratini-narrow-Photo-by-Rob-TringaliGetty-Images.jpg
images
images
10188281.jpg

I ran out of time yesterday to post for Grimmer's bday (and THANK YOU GRIMM for breaking the August BDay L streak) SO A BELATED TO HIM~you clean up nicely
images
BuxU6RQCcAAH-Tu.jpg

images
images
images
justin-grimm.jpg

I just realized I forgot to wish you a Happy Anniversary, Fin! Congratulations!

Thanks Kristen...DH and I keep it simple , grilled a few steaks and watched the game. We were MOST appreciative of Anthony gifting us with that grand slam in the first. Had hoped to be at a game this weekend during the Air & Water show (and so I could see Miggy) but real life intervened. It's been doing that all year ~ ENOUGH~ thank you very much! :rolleyes: Hoping to at least get to the air show on Sunday. Also, not sure what Hex has been put on Zobie but he is handling the Umps beating him down like a Champ :thumbsup2 Early game today, I will be helping my MIL but hope to catch the second half.

We celebrated big for our 25th but I can't even remember the 26th and 27th. Haha! We're just glad we still like each other after all these years!

Enjoy your day!

and my neighbor keeps pestering me about the Harper rumors..(she needs to just go away)telling me that everyone will mix up Grimmer and Harper, lol. Justin , please don't ever let your flow define you, lol.

images
images

We celebrated big for our 25th but I can't even remember the 26th and 27th. Haha! We're just glad we still like each other after all these years!

Enjoy your day!
same here, headed back to CO for our 25th,(honeymooned in Estes Park) but 31 is one of those "how many years?" things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter