Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Cubs perfected the productive strike out what tenth inning that was.
Welcome TomServo27!

CUBS

w.gif

NEVER

w.gif

QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w.gif

images
SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!
Craziest inning I've ever heard!!! Blue Jays have got to be stunned.
Has anyone ever seen BOTH closers implode in the 10th? Thank heaven's our's sucked less. I had my trusty little transistor radio on the train and was feeding play by play to half the train as I had real time and not mlb delay on the phones. Avila bails out his teammate Wilson with that clutch hit.(there needs to be a pow-wow about Justin)

Miggy, you were my favorite Cub and I wasn't even mad when you homered. Mig's knows Kyle the best of all our pitcher's, you knew it was coming and good for him after crap fan's were booing him all weekend.
HUGE W!!!!!!!
upload_2017-8-20_17-54-10.jpeg
images
images

Last edited:
Welcome TomServo27 and sarcasticblonde!

What a game! I was judging ensemble auditions but keeping an eye on my phone. I almost can't believe we survived our pitchers! Haha!!!

We never quit!!!!!! That's Cub!!!!

I disagree, watching pitchers hit is terrible.

Giving pitchers a free out is no fun.
I respectfully disagree...I think a DH is a horrible idea. I'll have to check college rules...they may have changed them, but I believe the AL is the ONLY place where a DH is used. I believe the pitcher is part of the team and should have the ability to help (or hurt) their own cause vs. getting a free pass. Part of the game as it should be played (IMHO).

well,weather permitting, here is tonight's lineup. Seems like every time Big John pitches there is a rain delay....
No update's on Addie yet that I know of.
LETS KEEP THE W'S ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I'm still not above walking Votto......a lot
DH2um6AXgAAfuSi.jpg:large

Last edited:
I disagree, watching pitchers hit is terrible.

Giving pitchers a free out is no fun.
I think it adds another layer of strategy to the game. Your pitcher spot is up to hit in the middle innings. What do you do? Is he pitching well? Do you leave him in to bat and possibly get an out? Do you leave him in and maybe have him bunt to move the runner? Or do you replace him with a Pinch Hitter? If you have a PH, do you leave that guy in to play? Do you do a double switch? Or do you just fill that spot with your next pitcher?

It's an easier and more straight forward game if you have a power hitter in the game instead of trying to figure out what the heck to do with your pitcher. But in my mind it's not as interesting.

Zobie scratched from tonight.. He got himself home to Nashville in time for the eclipse, but ran into some travel issues getting to Cincy in time:rolleyes1 OOPS!!!!!!!!! It actually might be the weather that is holding him up.
Happ playing 2nd. Please Ian...pay attention to the fastball

ef3812889ae37a4f9e03de4c7b0c454e--w-flag-go-cubs-go.jpg

SEASON HIGH 10 GAMES OVER .500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl, Hector..thank you.

Javy... how he arranges to get hit by Hamilton's throw on that risky tag up and score? Only Javy folks. Then his nice at bat and then that broken bat single to get us ahead~you always heat up in the second half of the game!
Zobie may have gotten to the game late due to a rental car issue, but he was RIGHT on time for that go ahead 2 run RBI!

However, please let KB's left wrist/forearm be ok :scared: He was in some serious pain.....

ironically given the discussion on AL/NL pitcher's batting~ the first 2/3 of tonight's game , the pitcher's were the one's getting on, lol

Padre's crushed STL 12-4!
Dodger's beat Pirate's 8-5

UPDATE ON KB~ Xrays negative but hand wrapped in ice, in with trainer's. My guess is he's out the rest of the series...Tommy hits well at this park
update#2...hope is to have KB plat 2mro

Last edited:
Glad I stayed up for that game!

Side note: Hubs is in SF this week. He went to the Giants/Brewers game last night. He texted he was almost beaten up singing about the Cubbies during the 7th inning stretch...not sure which team the disgruntled fans were from. I just can't let him go anywhere by himself!! :laughing:

Last night was one of the rare occasions where I stayed up. Regretting it this morning, but was worth it at the time. ;)
My daughter came by to visit and by the time she left, I was only able catch the last couple innings. Missed most of the 5 run 8th, but saw the remainder. Heard Ron & Pat saying Avila threw out Howard (hope I can find that replay). Saw KB get hit and initially it didn't look that bad and then I saw how he reacted and thought oh crap. If it hit on the bone, even if no permanent damage, that's gonna hurt for a long while (bone bruises take forever). :sad:

Rizzo playing 3rd. :lmao: He looked like a kid who'd just been given free reign in the candy store. Pena was starting to worry me a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter