Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

No Fin, I don't think you're the only one missy Miggy....I think you miss him the most and/or most vocal about it maybe. I have mixed emotions about him. I miss him to an extent, but then again was really really disappointed with his comments. While technically true, it just left the not-a-team bad taste in my mouth. It's hard to say if we'd be better off with him still here or better off with the current team makeup...I lean towards the latter. Missed yes, but not heart breakingly missed (at least not for me)
with all due respect & agreement that his comments were disappointing~just gonna revisit that game 1 last year against the Dodger's was taken care of by Miggy's grand slam. Game 1 tonight had 4 hits, one of which is Q getting a single off of Kershaw .

I hated that game I really was expecting them to lose but they have to go and get my hopes up and take an early lead. And I was in the city today to see Hamilton it was nasty rained all day no way baseball could been played in Chicago today.

You summed it up perfectly for me - I was expecting them to lose but then I got my hopes up.

(But did you enjoy Hamilton??)

Didn't you just love Quintana's face when he got on base? Was that his first hit in the major leagues?
no...and I will have to look it up but I think it was his first hit off Kershaw

You summed it up perfectly for me - I was expecting them to lose but then I got my hopes up.

(But did you enjoy Hamilton??)

I think Kershaw is the easiest of their pitchers for the Cubs to face. I WAS hopeful for the W until the plane layover happened, and then when I head it was Q's wife I was like uh-oh. I wasn't surprised at all that we started hitting off Kershaw,,what I was bummed about was that those bats went cold by the 5th, right when pitching was struggling. I actually think they will be more tired today than yesterday.

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts on the game before reading anyone else's comments.

* It seemed like the ENTIRE goal of the Cubs last night was to hit off of Kershaw. Once they did that, the bats were done.
* Good news, we DID hit off of Kershaw! Even though they came back to beat us we hit off their ace.
* Q did a good job but began to unravel. I supported Joe taking him out when he did.
* Q's base hit!!!
* Hector. Ugh. There was a reason why he wasn't in the NLDS.
* Monty. Double Ugh. I don't know what's up with him.
* At least they didn't score in the 8th inning.
* I'm not sure what to think about the play at the plate. I can absolutely see both sides of the argument. Willy did block the plate with his leg, but it also seems that he HAD to block the plate with his leg to catch the ball. In the end it meant nothing since we couldn't beat 4 runs nevertheless 5.

I hope that game was all about jet lag and a stop in lovely Albuquerque for Q's wife they got enough sleep tonight!

Here are my thoughts on the game before reading anyone else's comments.

* It seemed like the ENTIRE goal of the Cubs last night was to hit off of Kershaw. Once they did that, the bats were done.
* Good news, we DID hit off of Kershaw! Even though they came back to beat us we hit off their ace.
* Q did a good job but began to unravel. I supported Joe taking him out when he did.
* Q's base hit!!!
* Hector. Ugh. There was a reason why he wasn't in the NLDS.
* Monty. Double Ugh. I don't know what's up with him.
* At least they didn't score in the 8th inning.
* I'm not sure what to think about the play at the plate. I can absolutely see both sides of the argument. Willy did block the plate with his leg, but it also seems that he HAD to block the plate with his leg to catch the ball. In the end it meant nothing since we couldn't beat 4 runs nevertheless 5.

I hope that game was all about jet lag and a stop in lovely Albuquerque for Q's wife they got enough sleep tonight!

lol, (I don't mean that as a *snarky*lol).. Kershaw isn't their only ace to me against the Cubs specifically. Darvish might be the next easiest depending on if he is off/on. We have hit off Kershaw consistently and I just hope we see him a second time. Hill and Wood are tough for our guys to hit. That was one of the things back when the Brewers played against the Dodgers...they didn't face Kershaw or Wood and thought they were Dodger killer's lol. I also think Roberts has been catching another eyefull of Altuve and decided he better rest Seager up for that match over the Cubs. If we go up 3-1, you will see a Kike injury of pulled groin, muscle spasms etc along with Seager's miraculous recovery . I know KB andRizzo play the most games of everyone and they are tired. 3 years in a row, and the the third consecutive year is extra brutal without the benefit of the rest in between series like last year. So many getting on Zobie...the guy had the 2015 WS run/win also and is one of the oldest.
The thing on the Willy play at the plate is as I understood it once they have the ball that "blocking the plate" is *subjective* he had the ball, his body went with the catch of the ball, his eyes were on the ball...all the stuff that is required to fulfill the Buster Pansey rule. Catchers know what they are getting into when they play that position. They have gear for a reason, one of their main jobs is to tag at home. I think the Ump's *in my judgement* was for us, NY's was not. gotta say tho, Willy's post game response was awesome..."I guess we should go to Walmart and get toys to play with out there" :rotfl2:So much chatter that that play didn't decide the game, but it sure was a game changer. Who knows when only down 2 and killing the Dodger's momentum?

Theo will be studying Darvish even more so.. along with some bullpen shopping.

Last edited:

GAME 2 LINEUP~ LESTER PLACT!!!!!!!!!!!

200.webp
200.webp

LET'S GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!
DMNBEpBW0AAib67.jpg

I'm still :rolleyes2 with the fact the Dodger's scored a run when never touching the plate..that rule has so many flaws it's laughable.

Let's get it back and a bunch more tonight!

a year ago today...Miggy almost broke Wrigley..then Dex followed up.
I woud very much like to see Roberts have this same look on his face tonight.

(note to Puig...the fan's request the curtain call, not the player :rolleyes1)

Last edited:
a year ago today...Miggy almost broke Wrigley..then Dex followed up.
I woud very much like to see Robertson have this same look on his face tonight.

I took my two youngest to that game 1. I swear the stadium walls shook after that GS. My kids thought this was the norm for all games.

Last edited:
At least CJ had it tonight. Wish the rest had it as well. Strop made me nervous again tonight. But Duensing really makes me nervous now.

CA has not been good to us this season. Jansen was done, we had a glimmer (don't burst my bubble)and I love Big John but when I saw Jansen was done I thought Davis...but then again maybe wanted Davis in a clean inning/ no up down from 9-10th? Well, Defense was great. Bats, (Addie aside) must still be in New Mexico. Dodgers weren't even that good tonight...again the walks come back to haunt us. I know Rizzo went cold in last years playoff's but some parts of a repeat don't need to happen, KWIM? lol The Professor will be leaned upon once again Tuesday. At least there won't be hearing impairing crap pummeled at the guys all night long

Also, I'm never buying Lucky Charms again as I will be reminded of Turner

At least CJ had it tonight. Wish the rest had it as well. Strop made me nervous again tonight. But Duensing really makes me nervous now.
Liking on the CJ part...Duensing doesn't worry me...look how Joe did the walk knowing Brian could get the ground ball for the dp. Our offense however, as of tonight maybe kinda is making this so much harder that it has to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter