Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

from one WS team to another..looks like Hector is going to be an Astro (per Ken Rosenthall) Best of luck to him!

from one WS team to another..looks like Hector is going to be an Astro (per Ken Rosenthall) Best of luck to him!
I think Hector lost some confidence when they brought in Chapman and he was downgraded from closer.

Travis Wood DFA'd by the Padre's...Wouldn't bother me if he was brought back as a Cub!Not sure how he would keep his shirt on dancing in the 'pen tho, lol. Anyone hear anything on Duensing?

Travis Wood DFA'd by the Padre's...Wouldn't bother me if he was brought back as a Cub!Not sure how he would keep his shirt on dancing in the 'pen tho, lol. Anyone hear anything on Duensing?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017...paign=Feed:+MlbTradeRumors+(MLB+Trade+Rumors)
The Royals are on the hook for Wood’s $6.5MM salary in 2018, and the $1.5MM buyout of his option will be split between the Royals and whichever team may next acquire his services. While his advanced metrics didn’t always reflect his on-field results, Wood posted good numbers out of the Cubs’ bullpen in 2015-16, so it seems like that teams in search of southpaw bullpen help will certainly consider him as a rebound candidate.
Someone would pick him up, especially with the Royals paying his 2018 salary.

Did you hear that the Cubs were looking at Manny Machado and possibly trading Addison Russell for him? He's currently a 3rd baseman, but would be interested in SS.

so Jed and Theo with an in-person meeting ?:rolleyes1 Could be a nudge to get Cobb to lower his demands, or if it IS to sign Yu, please let it be for a shorter year deal as well...his injuries scare me. Then there's that little issue of tipping, and I don't mean the hot dog vendor.

Bruce Levine‏ @MLBBruceLevine
Cubs Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer landed in Dallas this afternoon. Free agent Yu Darvish meeting is likely destination for the two execs.

Darvish said he had a good meeting with the Cubs today. I’d love me some Yu Darvish.

Darvish said he had a good meeting with the Cubs today. I’d love me some Yu Darvish.

I'm on the fence about it. I think he was after 25 million..but it is the length he is after that concerns me more. A lot of FA's hit the market next year and it would be nice to have some flexibility. On the other hand the clock is ticking on keeping the core group together and we need pitching now, while we have them. Darvish is pricier than Jake but I assume he is willing to go for a shorter deal than Jake. Darvish has better stats during the reg season, Jake is the play off guy. Then there are little things like the upcoming KB/Rizzo contracts...guess we will find out soon if Yu will be in Cubbie Blue

so Jed and Theo with an in-person meeting ?:rolleyes1 Could be a nudge to get Cobb to lower his demands, or if it IS to sign Yu, please let it be for a shorter year deal as well...his injuries scare me. Then there's that little issue of tipping, and I don't mean the hot dog vendor.

Bruce Levine‏ @MLBBruceLevine
Cubs Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer landed in Dallas this afternoon. Free agent Yu Darvish meeting is likely destination for the two execs.

Cobb is an absolute joke. He does nothing to help the Cubs win a title.

as indicated earlier, seems that basically it was Cobb's move that sent Jed and Theo to Yu....good article here from Sahadev Sharma (The Athletic ~which is a really , really good sports site to subscribe too if anyone is looking for a last minute gift idea) mentions that there are not that many SP FA's next season in the caliber that the Cubs would be shopping for.

https://theathletic.com/189473/2017...e-plan-but-now-he-might-be-their-best-option/

if you read the full article and the comments below, a poster brings up a great point re Cobb~

Judith E.
9h ago

It could be that the second round draft pick and $500k in International signing bonus money (if it’s true) also adds to Cobb’s deal being prohibitive.

Last edited:
Received my Christmas gift early..my DD flew home last night from San Francisco! She will be in for 2 weeks !!:teeth::cool1: We were gong to try and travel to see her over the holidays but had to push it off until May. It's been a year since we have seen her , so happy she was able to make the trip~ WOO-HOO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter