Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

WTP Chicago Cubs‏ @WTPCubs 2h2 hours ago
The face you make when you realize your not a Cub anymore. #Cubs

DYLUq5AUQAAAsxx.jpg

So yesterdays split squad yielded an L and a W~ guys, Happ is on fire. Leadoff homer against MadBum(his second off of him) and Chatwood with 9 K's in 5 IP! Addie hit his first homer of ST too! Morrow a little shakey but CJ honing in. JHey hit a single and in the other game Willy sent one flying way out into CF to score 2. On the downside, Victor was HBP near the knee and then also in a collision keeping a run from scoring. He finished the inning but then left the game with knee soreness. No more ST injuries!!!!!!!!!! Also the Media Guide came out! It is featuring All Star players on the cover. I wish they had followed their theme this year of Everybody In and had them all~ no Javy, Willy, Hendricks, Schwarber etc looks a bit odd to me.

mediaguide_cover_chc.jpg

speaking of Javy, latest word is maybe later this week he will be back.

Last edited:
Bummer :(. Grimmer is gone. I met him at the Cubs convention and he was such a nice guy. I also thought he wasn't a terrible pitcher. Certainly not the worst on the team. I wish him luck.

He was better than Maples who is still on the team and he was better in 2016. {{shrug}} I would have liked him to stick around. I hope he lands on his feet.

Maples is still learning, he was in the minors last year. His ceiling is far far higher than what Grimm could even achieve in his dreams.

Maples is still learning, he was in the minors last year. His ceiling is far far higher than what Grimm could even achieve in his dreams.
He's only 4 years younger than Grimmer, so it's not like Grimmer is ancient. I do hope you're right about Maples.

Bummer :(. Grimmer is gone. I met him at the Cubs convention and he was such a nice guy. I also thought he wasn't a terrible pitcher. Certainly not the worst on the team. I wish him luck.
well you knew it was coming...the article I posted the other day was pretty telling. Pretty sure he knew he was gone as well when his arbitration didn't go his way. We all kept waiting to see his curveball return alongside command of the FB..the Reaper we know is in there but for whatever reason just could notget back in the zone.

Guess Butler maybe gets the job? As bad as the FO would love to see Dillon, he is struggling hard right now but it could be him. These next 2 weeks will be telling.

on the up side, JHey HOMERED today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish they could have gotten the W...stupid B2B jacks in the 9th :rolleyes:

Last edited:
also not sure if anyone else noticed, but jakes twitter page? He still has Wrigley as his wallpaper even tho his profile pic is him in his Phillies uni.
He still bleeds Cubbie Blue :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

also not sure if anyone else noticed, but jakes twitter page? He still has Wrigley as his wallpaper even tho his profile pic is him in his Phillies uni.
He still bleeds Cubbie Blue :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
Well, since I don't do twitter, I didn't notice, but IMHO...

Once a Cub, always a Cub!

200w.webp

guess those minor league games go on too long before a baserunner gets on?:confused3 I am not too thrilled with the maniulative changes that are being allowed to happen to the great game of baseball. The error that isn't an error for pitching stats, that allows the inning to start with a base-runner who was the last batter in the last inning. Who comes up with this stuff? Even crazier is that it is approved and even worse, implemented!

Last edited:
Stupid rule.

I just don't think they need to make those kind of changes. You're right, Fin. It is manipulative.

Cubs send Dillon Maples and Mark Zagunis down to Triple-A Iowa and Justin Grimm release made official. So Maples won't fill that final bullpen spot (that will most likely go to Eddie Butler)

Bi8TpPlCUAA2RvO.jpg

670 should be playing both games this weekend! Appropriate to listen to Pat (being quite Irish and all)during St. Paddy's Day~:shamrock: tonight's split squad game also being broadcast on WGN with Len and JD from Vega$~ 6pm central. Javy's back in the earlier game in Mesa today
DYf1axCVQAARsGM.jpg
later game in LV~
DYf1neyV4AIJVYk.jpg

6a00d83451fe4669e201bb09fbec97970d-800wi
6f3685004a09ac17e18bede013d80b7a--chicago-cubs-baseball-cubs-win.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter