Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Last time I was at Miller Park and we had our kids along it was NOT a fun experience. Brewer fans throwing beers at us AND my kids, mouthing obscenities and telling them they had sh* for parents to be raised as Cub fan's (and this was over 15 years ago) My DH, Brother, SIL and I had enough when beer went flying on DS and my fist was about next.
That behavior in unacceptable in any ballpark. I don't stand for that crap out of fans, my own team's fans or someone else's team's fans. I've shushed people around me at Wrigley telling them to leave other fans alone. I'll call security on jerks like that in a heartbeat.

I do understand where you are coming from. The worst I have even been treated was at (then) New Commisky Park. It was before official inter-league play and it was a special "Crosstown Classic" game. I bought tickets through the Cubs when I paid for my season tickets and we were placed in the upper-upper-upper-nosebleed-deck. A large portion of the stadium was empty. Thanks for nothing White Sox! I was in my late 20's or early 30's and walking alone through the concourse to the bathroom and was verbally harassed by a group of young men. They got within inches of my face and yelled, "Cubs suck!" at me. White Sox fans in the seats harassed us. The White Sox organization harassed us! We stuck around for the fireworks and the Sox put an image of the Cubs logo with a circle and slash through it on the Jumbotron. The White Sox fans booed. They put a White Sox logo up on the Jumbotron. The White Sox fans cheered. They went back and forth on the Jumbotron: anti-Cubs (BOOOOOOOO!), White Sox (YAAAAYYYY!) faster and faster and faster. I was literally in fear for my safety at that point. We made it out with a few more "Cubs suck!" comments thrown at us. I swore I would never go back. I did end up going back maybe 10 years later because a group I belonged to had a big convention in Chicago in 2000 and they asked that I be a native guide to lead people to the stadium via the subway. I have not been back since to The Cell/Low Rate Field/Whatever since now have I have not been to a Cubs/Sox at Wrigley in years.

:thumbsup2 to the bolded. Brewers vs Cubs at MP are the only games we refuse to go to again. That's why there are so many Cubs fans at MP, because a lot of Brewers fans won't attend those games.
Good to know, maybe they will have a decent time and not get harassed again after all

They call it "Wrigley North". Frankly, I feel sorry for the Brewers fans, especially when the Cubs win. It's gotta smart to hear people singing "Go Cubs Go" in your house as they exit down the ramps. It doesn't stop me from holding up my "W" flag though! (Sorry Brew Crew fans).

They call it "Wrigley North". Frankly, I feel sorry for the Brewers fans, especially when the Cubs win. It's gotta smart to hear people singing "Go Cubs Go" in your house as they exit down the ramps. It doesn't stop me from holding up my "W" flag though! (Sorry Brew Crew fans).
I know they call it Wrigley North. I follow the Brewers on twitter and am a frequent commenter on their feed. Cubs fans are obnoxious on the Brewers page.

and Wrigley North was the BREWER'S OWN PROMO idea!!!! Yeah, Sux fan's...honestly in my experience spend more time and energy hating the Cubs than liking their own team. That game sounded like absolute he**.

I know they call it Wrigley North. I follow the Brewers on twitter and am a frequent commenter on their feed. Cubs fans are obnoxious on the Brewers page.
No doubt. People are jerks on Twitter and other social media. It's the freaking wild, wild west. I remember how horrible Cards fans were to Cubs fans in 2016. I finally joined closed FB groups so I don't have to listen to other team's garbage fans.

and the Cub's Twitter has their share of obnoxious Brewers fan's as well. Ironic that you came over to the DIS Cub's thread to point that out?:rotfl: People just need to relax and enjoy baseball for what it is, a game and hopefully appreciate all the talent that is out there for us to see.
Go Cubs!!!!!!

Last edited:
LET'S GO CUBS!!!!
Hoping it's a Q[W]intana game!!!!!!!
Dfb5OqEUYAAPx9q.jpg:large

Be afraid NL...JHey is on a TEAR!!!!!!!!!! Hitting .417!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kewz, your man Zobie..game changer. We were down 2-1 in the 8th, ZO enters and we score 3!:thumbsup2

091516_cubs_flag_med_3_fqqoz3ho.gif
DfdomcCXkAARCel.jpg

just saw this on twitter...:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
DfdoiR2VQAAOwNE.jpg

Last edited:
That is a lot of people celebrating a run by the other team.

I was following the game and a friend called me and I missed all the excitement. Go Cubs Go!

Every time Zobie plays I’m more and more thrilled his name is on the back on my jersey. He’s the epitome of clutch.

I actually went to bed last night before the game was over. I just couldn’t keep my eyes open. I woke a bit later to hear my son’s voice and I could tell he was excited. Nearly fell over when I saw the score! Usually my husband claps or yells when we get a run he but didn’t this time since I was sleeping - but that’s why I left the bedroom door open! Poor guy. He was trying to be kind. :rotfl:

Fly the W!

I am just hoping Javy looks at a walk as an exciting opportunity for El Mago run manufacturing~whatever it takes for him to try and walk more/strike out less.

Also..anyone else notice what Zo and JHey have in common? Looks like both have gotten over their wrist injuries . Those can be a real PITA, and hope they both stay healthy

Last edited:
Rizzo just said on ESPN if Emily doesn't get a hit in the WAGS Game today, don't come home~:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: savage.

Emily is laying SS and Jess Bryant posted she was not cleared to play due to her knee (I was wondering..she would have been an even more amazing recovery that Schwarb's)

LET'S GO CUBBIE WAGS!!!!! GET THE W!!!!!!

Congratulations to the Brewer WAGS on their W today. The Cubbie Ladie's scored first, but couldn't hold on. (Emily is indeed allowed to go home, she got a lead off single to start the game)

The LET'S ADD ON TO FIRST PLACE Cubbie Line-up (the Men, that is~ lol)
Schwarb's with a break from being the victim of crap 3rd strike calls today (last year it was Zo)

channeling all my positive energy for this to be a great game for Chatwood!

Dfg-HeAW0AE80lC.jpg:large

and the Cub's Twitter has their share of obnoxious Brewers fan's as well. Ironic that you came over to the DIS Cub's thread to point that out?:rotfl: People just need to relax and enjoy baseball for what it is, a game and hopefully appreciate all the talent that is out there for us to see.
Go Cubs!!!!!!
I guess that's one thing that I never understood.
Cheer for your team - ABSOLUTELY
Boo other team - Why? Just why?
Bad mouth other teams, well, if you don't have something nice to say, maybe saying nothing is better.

I guess the only exception is with regards to the Patriots since they've been caught cheating (and getting away with it) numerous times. Don't know that I have anything positive there. Sorry. As with any rule, there's always an exception. :lmao:

I crashed on cough meds before that dud of a game ended last night but I think I am grateful, lol. Well, we hit off of Hader but not Anderson, go figure. Brewers must have had the incentive of their wives winning earlier, lol..could you imagine going home losing 9/10 to the Cubs and the wives win their first?:lmao: Hoping KB does whatever he needs to do to get out of his own head. The beauty was having JHey's bat adding in, not losing someone else's. My DS is going today, last time we saw Monty pitch against the Brewers it wasn't pretty but that was at Wrigley, hoping it goes better at Wrigley North.
GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the delightful double header yesterday. The wives' game was fun. I sat 2 rows behind the Cubs dugout. All of the wives and girlfriends looked like they were having a blast! The Brewer wives were so much better than the Cubs wives. I think they had a couple of softball players on the team, I know Kacee Stogard played D1 softball at Arizona State. Their pitcher/first base combination was great. Megan Davies scooped up everything that came her way and had a good arm to get to (visibly) pregnant Kacee Sogard. It was coach pitch, so the "pitcher" was really an extra player who played next to the coach.

The Cubs husbands hung out on a party deck in left field. They would occasionally come down to field level but didn't seem to go out on the field itself. The Brewers husbands watched from the field. It was very cool to see the players with their families after the game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter