Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

So about 40% accepted. I had two friends apply and none of the three of us got in. One friend has been denied 5 years in a row.

Sounds about right. I had guessed it was going to be around 47% based on previous years at 50% and the new time qualifying standards this year (link). Sounds as if the time qualifying standards may have made it even more difficult than I had calculated given our small sample size was around 40% or less. I'm wondering if a newspaper article will come out as I'd love to see how my numbers compare.

Don't count me totally out just yet. Gotta think over some options. There's a spot waiting for me from a charity Rep right now and just gotta make a decision with my family.

Trying not to take it personally that the random drawing computer system didn't like me. (But still had a pity party of one for awhile anyways...there may have been DayQuil tinged tears)

Now off to calculate bake sale costs vs profit margins. :/

Don't count me totally out just yet. Gotta think over some options. There's a spot waiting for me from a charity Rep right now and just gotta make a decision with my family.

Trying not to take it personally that the random drawing computer system didn't like me. (But still had a pity party of one for awhile anyways...there may have been DayQuil tinged tears)

There's always GoFundMe. :D

You know it's dangerous to throw this out here right? #DisPeerPressure

Congrats to those of you who got selected! I’m so sorry to see that so many people didn’t get in though. But, as I said yesterday, come run Lakefront in Milwaukee if you want a fall marathon! No lottery, lower entry fee, and I don’t think hotels around the suburbs of Milwaukee should be too expensive. ;)

Hey at least you didn't feel the sting of rejection twice in two weeks. Doesn't anyone want me in their races? :( :D

I am bummed that you won't be there. It was lovely chatting with you at Wine and Dine. Your offer to text character sightings in advance was very generous and thoughtful.

I say this is THEIR loss!

It was great meeting you too. The Wine and Dine meet up was fun. :) And the Dis will still be well represented at Chicago so that's the good news. :)

Congrats to those of you who got selected! I’m so sorry to see that so many people didn’t get in though. But, as I said yesterday, come run Lakefront in Milwaukee if you want a fall marathon! No lottery, lower entry fee, and I don’t think hotels around the suburbs of Milwaukee should be too expensive. ;)

I may consider this one. I'll definitely be exploring options for a fall marathon.

What's funny is, out of my two running partners and myself, only one of us got in and she's the one that wanted to run it the least. We totally peer pressured in to entering! Now she's totally bumming she won't have anyone to run it with. o_O

I may consider this one. I'll definitely be exploring options for a fall marathon.

What's funny is, out of my two running partners and myself, only one of us got in and she's the one that wanted to run it the least. We totally peer pressured in to entering! Now she's totally bumming she won't have anyone to run it with. o_O

She's always welcome to join us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter