Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

I know this is not marathon related...but if anyone wants to run in Chicago 11/4/18 (maybe for anyone who missed out on the marathon drawing or any of my fellow midwest runners)...the Chicago Hot Chocolate medal has a Hot Dog on it...a hot dog...on a candy bar.
*I also posted this in my journal because I'm freaking out about it!!!

DH had gear envy last December when he saw people with the jacket so he registered us for the 5k, as well as the Hot Cider 5k the day before. These distances should not mess up my marathon training the way the longer ones might (he walks a lot faster than I do). Showed him your post and he got really excited about the medal.

DH had gear envy last December when he saw people with the jacket so he registered us for the 5k, as well as the Hot Cider 5k the day before. These distances should not mess up my marathon training the way the longer ones might (he walks a lot faster than I do). Showed him your post and he got really excited about the medal.

I think the medal is only for the 15k but the jacket is for both distances. If he upgrades to get the medal plenty of people also walk or take it easy so you could do a very easy pace for that distance for the bling. I've done the 5k too and it's a ton of fun and the chocolate is sooooo gooood post race!

Looks like the corrals have been posted. I've been preliminarily assigned to Corral B.

https://www.chicagomarathon.com/participant-information/start-corrals/

Screen-Shot-2018-06-21-at-2.38.43-PM.png

Dumb question...how are you guys seeing your corral assignment? When I log into my participant account I cannot open up my registration. There is no edit button. I tried desktop and mobile versions and multiple browsers. Wondering if since I have a charity spot I will not know?

Dumb question...how are you guys seeing your corral assignment? When I log into my participant account I cannot open up my registration. There is no edit button. I tried desktop and mobile versions and multiple browsers. Wondering if since I have a charity spot I will not know?

So I log in. Then click on "Your Registrations". Then their it says "Edit Registration".

Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 3.50.49 PM.png

So I log in. Then click on "Your Registrations". Then their it says "Edit Registration".

View attachment 334017

Weird, I don't have the edit button. I bet it's the charity thing making it different. Since I can't remember what I entered it'll be a mystery. Maybe I'll be in that charity corral at end of wave 2????
(Tries to pretend like not knowing is totally fine)

Is there an email for the charity to ask them? Or you could email the startcorrals email listed on the Chicago marathon website.

Curiosity won out and I emailed the start corral address asking what my assignment was. My brain says either the charity corral H or K or L.

Side note: I compare everything to rundisney, so the idea that someone with 10:50 pace would be in the last corral seems so odd to me. In my head that feels like a fast pace for a marathon in the grand scheme of things. I'm wondering how large L will be. If it is like the Shamrock Shuffle, the last few corrals will be quite a bit bigger than Wave 1. Any Chicago vets able to confirm or deny?

Side note: I compare everything to rundisney, so the idea that someone with 10:50 pace would be in the last corral seems so odd to me. In my head that feels like a fast pace for a marathon in the grand scheme of things. I'm wondering how large L will be. If it is like the Shamrock Shuffle, the last few corrals will be quite a bit bigger than Wave 1. Any Chicago vets able to confirm or deny?

2017 had ~45000 finishers. A roughly 4:45 marathon was around finisher 22,801. So the 4:45 mark represented about 50% of the field.
2016 had ~41000 finishers. A 4:45 was 24638 or 60% of the field were faster.
2015 had ~38000 finishers. A 4:45 was 22296 or 60% of the field were faster.

So yea, corral L has about 40% of the entire field if the "estimated finish time" holds close to true.

2017 had ~45000 finishers. A roughly 4:45 marathon was around finisher 22,801. So the 4:45 mark represented about 50% of the field.
2016 had ~41000 finishers. A 4:45 was 24638 or 60% of the field were faster.
2015 had ~38000 finishers. A 4:45 was 22296 or 60% of the field were faster.

So yea, corral L has about 40% of the entire field if the "estimated finish time" holds close to true.

The data is strong with this one!

Thanks!

Hi all! I am a runner, going to Chicago, but not running Chicago.. although I will run IN Chicago. :)

We're headed there next week and was wondering for those that have been or live, what is your favorite thing to do? (Museum? Attraction? Area? Etc..) Favorite restaurant?

Figured I could ask here so you all can plan your trips too- sorry to hijak the thread! Thanks!

Hi all! I am a runner, going to Chicago, but not running Chicago.. although I will run IN Chicago. :)

We're headed there next week and was wondering for those that have been or live, what is your favorite thing to do? (Museum? Attraction? Area? Etc..) Favorite restaurant?

Figured I could ask here so you all can plan your trips too- sorry to hijak the thread! Thanks!

I love lots of things there, but my favorite thing is the Shedd Aquarium. Have a great time in Chicago.

My favorite things are all right there together on the Museum Campus (next to Soldier Field) - Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium. If you are driving, park in the north Soldier Field lot as it remains open later than the other Campus lots, allowing you to really take your time walking around after the museums close.

If you want to walk around a bit, the silver "bean" is in Millennium Park, about a mile north of the museums. About another mile north is the Navy Pier, but it gets too crowded for my tastes, and the construction between Millennium Park and the Navy Pier makes it a far more difficult walk that one might imagine right now. If you do both of those, take a cab between or give yourself lots of time to walk.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter