Child swap ?

ryansmom

Sean and Adam's Mom too!
Is child swap really just for couples?
We will be 5 adults and 6 children. Can we wait in line as a group and then split up so that 1/2 will ride and 1/2 will wait with the kids and then switch when the 1st group comes back?

I would like to know this too since I'll be there with a group of 8 adults, 1 child, and 2 infants. Does one person have to wait with all 3 kids? Or can we split up?

The last time we were there with 4 adults and 4 children. Two of the kids were big enough to ride and two weren't. We had two adults ride with the two older kids then switched off the adults and infants. The two older kids were always allowed to ride againg with the other two adults. they were in heaven. we had no problem with doing this on any ride.

Thanks Tank. Our older kids will be thrilled to ride two times in a row. I'm glad we can all wait together. I didn't want to have to do a lot of splitting up.
:)

We had the same experience. There were 4 adults and 4 kids. Two of the kids were too small to ride some rides. We left two adults with the little kids while the other two adults took the bigger kids. Then we swapped with no problems on any rides and the bigger kids got to ride twice in a row. It was great.

My experience was a little different. We are 2 adults and 4 children...only one child is not old enough to ride. My husband would go with the older 3, while I waited with the toddler. When it was my turn to go, I could only take 2 family members with me. Therefore, we had to alternate which two kids could ride the second time. Just ask the CM at the front of the ride, and they can tell you how it's done!

So, let me make sure I understand this right. We've never utilized the child swap before because Grandma never wanted to ride anyway. :D Our party this time will be two adults, two children - one not able to ride everything. Do all four of us go through the line? Where will one of us wait with him? And then my daughter will actually get to ride twice in a row with the second adult?

Where the second adult and child wait depends on the ride. Ask the CM at the entrance to the line, and he or she will direct you to the proper place. Ususally, but not always, the second adult just waits near the exit. The CM will give first adult a ticket (and write something on the back of it) when he/she goes through the line. After riding, that adult gives the ticket to the second adult, who can then take up to 2 family members with him/her. We used the "swap" with the Fast Pass and so had no waiting for second turn. The kids thought it was awesome!!

I keep waiting for a real child swap. Mine for yours. After today I'll take two of yours for mine.;) :rolleyes:

Ha-Ha!

Some days, I would take you up on that offer!!

Be sure to check at each ride so you don't waste time in the wrong place.

Most seemed to keep us together in line and then do the swap at the point of entry. This would apply if the location you get on the ride is also where you exit......Star Tours, Splash Mountain.....

At some rides we had to wait at the exit point.....Dinosaur, Space Mountain.....

It works out so well and yes my other kids got to ride again :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter