Children's tickets used by adults

skippy7

Earning My Ears
I just recently heard of adults purchasing children's tickets and using them throughout the parks in an effort to save money. Has anyone else heard of this practice?

I have heard of people buying an annual pass for their child (but not the whole family or the adults) so that they could get the AP rates at the hotel. But I don't really see how an adult could enter the park with a child's pass.

I too do not see how an adult can use a child's pass. But I guess it depends on the CM at the gate *shrug*

Just something I noticed. I just bought two adult and one child PH for our trip at the Disney store. The only difference that can be seen is that on the back they have adult or child printed and it is not that visible. The cards have pictures on the fron of Mickey or Minnie or so forth. No difference between child or adult. If the person at the gate had to look at all the cards that went through that day, it would take forever to get into the parks. My guess is, if you don't mind being dishonest, then it can be done.

Do these tickets have a Mag stripe or barcode on them ? If they do there would be no way to get passed the front gate because it would say on the screen if it was a Adult or Child's Ticket. I know at Disneyland they are Mag Striped to prevent this sort of thing from happinging. Then again I remeber 10 years ago Disney olny marked it with a rubber stamp saying the date redeemed and the big thing back then was to after getting it stamped running to the bathroom to wash it off. Ahh I miss the good times :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Actually, there is a screen on the inside of the turnstile that displays the type of pass inserted in to the turnstile. The turnstile CM reads that screen and can tell whether it is a child's or adult's ticket. It is very unlikely that you'd be able to make it through the turnstile with a child's ticket because of this screen. As another DISer posted, it's up to the individual CM, but keep in mind that you do run a very high risk of being denied entry for trying to use a child's pass to enter the park.

When we went I stood at the turnstlis and put ALL the cards in and the rest of the family went thru.....I did not check to see if I was putting in a child's or adult's pass, or who went thru with which pass, and neither did the CM. There were 7 of us, and I think that the CM wasn't really paying attention to it. Maybe if someone was in a large group with a mix of kids and adults like we were then they could get away with it, but I think if were just 2 adults going thru, it would probably be noticed. I think that there is not THAT much savings in doing this anyway.....probably not worth the risk. Then again, the only thing that would probably happen is they would make you pay the difference and upgrade to an adult pass.....so you would not be out any more $ than if you had bought the adult pass in the 1st place. I seiously doubt that anyone doing this would be thrown in jail LOL!!! Probably not even kicked out of the parks, just made to upgrade!

I don't have a ticket in front of me, so I can't be sure, but I think there was some language on the back of the ticket that allows WDW to revoke your ticket for things like this. So I don't think they would just let someone get by with paying the price difference. If caught, it would be obvious that an adult who bought and used a child's ticket didn't do it by accident.

OMG do NOT let me get started on this one!!!!

I would certainly hope that anyone that did this or attempted to do this would be told to leave. It is stealing!!!

Why would anyone want to take a chance on this when you figure (for example) The cost of a 7 day park hopper plus with Disney Club disc is $291 for the adult and $233 for the child. This is slightly over $8 a day difference in price between the adult and the child.Is being dishonest really worth that little amount?????

This is all I plan to say on the subject. I started having flashbacks to the old question of trying to pass your kid off as a toddler so they could get in free.!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:( - If your children see you do these things, how can you correct them for telling you lies ? - :(

It reminds me of a time I was shopping in WalMart; a little boy about 6yro, hit his little brother about 4yro, their mother turned around and saw it then she hit the 6yro and said "We don't hit!" :confused:

If the hopper pass was originally bought for a child, they should not charge that same person more than the prorated difference between its purchase price and the price of an adult pass back then, to keep using the pass. Otherwise the now grown up erson is being cheated and the only way to avoid that is to use the pass unupgraded.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Seashorecm I believe the original post was on if they could cheat the system by outright buying children tickets to use for adults and would they get caught. (That was not "their" words but in essence that is what was asked.

In the other instance if it is a child pass that was originally bought for a child and they no longer qualify as a "child" in the eyes of disney then they can pay the differences in price of the child vs. adult prices. In mast cases this is less than $10 per day.

Originally posted by SueM in MN
I don't have a ticket in front of me, so I can't be sure, but I think there was some language on the back of the ticket that allows WDW to revoke your ticket for things like this..

Sue, you are right....I have my AP right here. In red letters across the top it states:
NONREFUNDABLE VOID IF ALTERED REVOCABLE
Then belows says : Nontransferable, must be used by the same person on any and all days.
I have had many CM's ask my daughter for her name and age....I guess they are hoping children don't lie. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter