chips and salsa question

mrp4352

DIS Veteran
Quick question, please? My best friend, her husband and I are meeting in Orlando for the 1/4/03 Western cruise (YEA!!). We have decided to arrive early for checkin, hurry and get Palo's and spa ressies, then sit on the deck playing Trivial Pursuit for the afternoon. My friend's most favorite treat in the whole world is chips and salsa. I would love to have that available for us while we were playing cards. Does anyone know if they're available on board, or should I bring them or have them shipped?

Thank you so much for your help!! :wave:

Michelle

Definitely bring them with you, other than at the Mexican buffet (which they do not have on embarkation day) I have not seen chips and salsa onboard. They MAY have them with room service but just to be sure I'd bring your own.

Enjoy! :)

As I remember they had chips and salsa in the Promande Lounge in the evenings at least, and also during the day (plus various other dips) in the ESPN Bar.

Lorraine

At the ESPN Club, they had chips and cheese sauce that you fix yourself. Hotdogs, too. We went up there to enjoy some sports on the big screen and some chips with cheese sauce when we had a free moment of time. It was fun and a quickie snack. The times we went were during the afternoon.

Tina

I would bring a bag of chips and a jar of salsa onboard with you. That way you can be sure you will have it. Are you flying in that day or the day before. I don't think there is a place to pick any up in the airport, unless you go to Chili's Restaurant and ask for take-out....

Near the port there are places....check out Dave's site @ www.dcltribute.com

We are also on the 1/4 Magic. Check out our thread ....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=223121&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

you can also check out our pics from our Western Cruise this past August...once at the site, just click on VIEW SLIDESHOW.

http://community.webshots.com/album/47984596ZcaNXp

http://community.webshots.com/album/48196942XWkiMx

MJ

If this is a treat for your friend, you might want to consider having a gift basket made for her. The chips, salsa, a wine cooler margarita, maracas....good little Western Caribbean theme going there :)

You can check with Shirley at The Perfect Gift (www.theperfectgift.cc). She custom makes baskets that are delivered to the ship and will be able to put just about whatever you like into one. Going this route also saves the trouble of having to bring these items with you. I'd be afraid of crushing the chips :)

Julie

Julie....great idea.....should of thought of that!!!! Shirley makes such nice baskets...we have used her on a few occasions!!!

MJ

Thank you for all the suggestions! I'm definitely checking with The Perfect Gift - I think that would be wonderful!

See you on board!
Michelle:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter