Christmas 2017

Thanks to the SB Disney movie club deal, the kids will be getting 3 movies each and I only spent $13! I have to buy 3 more, but I technically made $15 on the deal, so that'll help the cost. I was going to buy lion king anyway, so now I'll just buy it through that and give it to DS for his birthday.

Hahaha! To be a fly on the wall in our lunchroom. My teammates and I frequently discuss the ta-ta towel (google it) and make up all sorts of names for the male counterpart they should invent. We are always alone in the lunchroom (timed lunches).

Ah yes, I have heard of the ta-ta towel lol. I think that would make a great gag gift for someone.

Thanks to the SB Disney movie club deal, the kids will be getting 3 movies each and I only spent $13! I have to buy 3 more, but I technically made $15 on the deal, so that'll help the cost. I was going to buy lion king anyway, so now I'll just buy it through that and give it to DS for his birthday.
What is this deal?

I haven't started buying yet but I have started my lists so I think that's a start!

DS10 will be getting so far
a basketball hoop
a few Star Wars lego sets
Chewbacca nerf gun
New PJs

DS8 will be getting so far
a new bike
A Star Wars playset
Star Wars lego set
Stitch items from Disney Store
New PJs

They will be getting a few new games to share also. I was considering getting them cameras because they love taking pictures. Has anyone gotten their kids these ages the insta type cameras? I think they would enjoy these and if I could find a good deal on them would make a nice addition to their presents.

Dh will be getting a few new tools, a weed whacker and a Christmas Vacation t-shirt. I would like to find him a Grumpy shirt when we are in Disneyland too when we are there in November.

I haven't started buying yet but I have started my lists so I think that's a start!

DS10 will be getting so far
a basketball hoop
a few Star Wars lego sets
Chewbacca nerf gun
New PJs

DS8 will be getting so far
a new bike
A Star Wars playset
Star Wars lego set
Stitch items from Disney Store
New PJs

They will be getting a few new games to share also. I was considering getting them cameras because they love taking pictures. Has anyone gotten their kids these ages the insta type cameras? I think they would enjoy these and if I could find a good deal on them would make a nice addition to their presents.

Dh will be getting a few new tools, a weed whacker and a Christmas Vacation t-shirt. I would like to find him a Grumpy shirt when we are in Disneyland too when we are there in November.

I was considering the insta type (assuming you mean polaroid -type?) cameras for my daughter (8) as well, but I think she'd end up taking pictures of random stuff, use all her film up, then be upset. I don't plan to be bankrolling her film replacements on an ongoing basis. Maybe when she's a teen and more selective about her photo subjects. :P We do not need 24 shots of Barbie's hair and the carpet, etc.

Do your boys have digital cameras built into any devices (tablet, Ipod/Ipad?) With digital, they can preview and make edits. Not as fun as an instant picture, but definitely more cost effective in the long run.

I took care of multiple early gifts yesterday...

For my grandmom (a hoarder, so we only buy disposable gifts), my parent in-laws who refuse to let us spend $ on them, my mom's best friend (who has everything money can buy), and my sister-in-law's family (severely autistic teen niece/nephew I buy for), I sent a Harry and David's CEO pear gift box (6 of the fancy pears). I also bought one for myself, b/c I love them and am usually too cheap to buy them each year, b/c $20+ shipping for 9 pears seems too much...but yesterday, email subscribers got the deal for 6 pears for $10/box shipped, and that was way too good a deal to pass up. I figure the boxes will get there Nov 9 (latest I could ship them) and be a nice "start to the holiday's" gift, which will actually be nice to some of the folks (like my grandmom) who couldn't handle getting tons of flowers and foods all on the same day (we actually try to space her gifts out, so I now took the early for my siblings:)...same for my mom's friend b/c a lot of folks also send fancy foods and flowers to her, b/c there's so little she needs (but my mom says she loves pears, so yeah for this one:)...

I was considering the insta type (assuming you mean polaroid -type?) cameras for my daughter (8) as well, but I think she'd end up taking pictures of random stuff, use all her film up, then be upset. I don't plan to be bankrolling her film replacements on an ongoing basis. Maybe when she's a teen and more selective about her photo subjects. :P We do not need 24 shots of Barbie's hair and the carpet, etc.

Do your boys have digital cameras built into any devices (tablet, Ipod/Ipad?) With digital, they can preview and make edits. Not as fun as an instant picture, but definitely more cost effective in the long run.

Yes, the polaroid type ones were the ones I was meaning. I was typing this early in the morning and the word was not coming to me :) I was worried about the random pictures also. They do not have any built in cameras but maybe I could find inexpensive digital cameras.

I usually start buying Christmas gifts or thinking about what to buy around now. I usually buy for my parents, younger siblings, DH, and DD, and two or three nieces/nephews.
DH,DD, and I gift is a trip to Disneyland and we sticking to no gifts. And for my parents and siblings we are taking a trip to Mexico in spring which i am paying for most of so i already told them no Christmas/birthday gifts this year. They were happy with it.

I am happy i will not have to be looking for something since they all already have everything.

Got a cute sign about the beach/ the lake for my cousin and her girlfriend which wraps up their gift! I traded in an old video game I'd finished to Amazon so i was able to use the gift card from that so nothing out of my pocket! So far I've gotten them a beach tote, towel, the sign, and two magnets and have spent $5 out of pocket thanks to coupons!

I just need to add in some candy gifts now for a few people- no big deal there financially, just need to figure out what everyone likes! Then just my godson and DH and our small St. Nicholas Day gifts and I am DONE. Which is nice, because I'm 9 months pregnant and absolutely not in the mood to be trudging around stores or scouring the internet, and I doubt I'll feel differently with a newborn! :rotfl:

Ordered my DD a hydro flask and picked up a couple stocking stuffers for her, couple gift cards for nephews and lotion for my mom today.

Also got a small Christmas art project for our three little ones in Haiti we sponsor so they are done.

I got a few things bought today. I got my oldest 3 tops and my 14 year old one top as well. I found some Cool Water perfume on clearance for 13.00 for my oldest, a pretty big bottle too, and some eye shadow palettes from Marshalls.

I put a JoJo doll, and MC2 lip balm kit, a Barbie Styling Head and a Barbie Baby Doctor in layaway today at Walmart.

I have got to quit procrastinating on buying the expensive stuff I have to get and just bite the bullet. I think I'll go buy the Egg chair from American Girl next week and order my daughter the Givenchy perfume she wants. It's only 66 days until Christmas! So excited!

I ordered the Nintendo Switch for DH & DS9, along with a couple of games. My dad is getting a Fire Stick. Those are the only gifts that I've gotten so far. I don't know what we'll end up getting for DH's parents. We usually try to gather all the grand kids for pictures and then order prints or some kind of a photo gift.

We have 3 nephews, ages 2, 8 & 9, so I'm looking for ideas for them. DN2, I saw a cute remote control Paw Patrol truck on Costco's website that's made for younger kids, so I think he might like that. We also have a niece who's 5 and LOVES to color, so I might get her a nice art set or something like that.

Picked up some luggage for my mom last night at Target. American Tourister on clearance 2 sizes and paid $55 total. She shredded the muscles in her shoulders last year carrying duffles through the airport so luggage with wheels was a requirement before any more trips

Hi. OP here. My husband has finally given me some ideas.

He wants new rims for his car-I'm clueless on those.

He also wants to start changing his oil and my son's oil in their cars, so he wants Rhino lifts. Again, I'm clueless. LOL At least my dad can help me with both of those things.

My 18 year old son just bought a new (used) car, so I should be able to find a few things for that.

My 15 year old son just inherited our oldest's old car, maybe I can find a way to personalize it for him a bit. Other than that he never asks for anything so I am always lost to find him something of any significance. He's just happy all the time and never makes a list, so I have to get creative for him all the time.

Hi. OP here. My husband has finally given me some ideas.

My 18 year old son just bought a new (used) car, so I should be able to find a few things for that.

My 15 year old son just inherited our oldest's old car, maybe I can find a way to personalize it for him a bit. Other than that he never asks for anything so I am always lost to find him something of any significance. He's just happy all the time and never makes a list, so I have to get creative for him all the time.

When DH bought his first car, he got himself personalized floor mats. They had his initials in a color that matched the car. Nothing I really cared about, but it was obviously something he thought was cool. Not sure if your boys would too!

I still don't have any plans for Christmas purchases. The only new thing my kids mentioned are some new Nerf guns. There is a Star Wars one we just saw and a Nerf Regulator. I'm beginning to think this may be a lean Christmas as there's just not much out there and they really haven't asked for much of anything but the Nerf, and a few Xbox games. My youngest wanted a Razer gaming mouse that cost $114 is the only outrageous priced item asked for. Not getting that, he's 8 so not seeing spending that much on a computer gaming mouse for playing Minecraft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter