Christmas 2017

Dd 19
Nintendo Switch
Legend of Zelda game that comes with xtra stuff (no idea what it is but pre-ordered it)
VB backpack and ID case
Mini Keurig
Tea tin and infuser travel mug
2 top and a pair of jeans
pair of PJs (for Christmas Eve)
earbuds and a charging cable
I still need to get her her a couple more games for the Switch, Amazon GC, Barnes and Noble GC and stuff for her stocking.

Ds 17
Iphone
Hydration Pack
Baseball hat of his favorite Basketball team
Phone case, earbuds, charging cable
I still need to get him some clothes, a 1 year Playstation Plus card, and other stuff for his stocking including GCs

Ds 14
Smart basketball
Stranger Things Monopoly
Polo baseball hat
NBA2K18
Bluetooth speaker
apple earbuds, charging cable
I still need to get him Jordans, some clothes,1 year Microsoft Live card and stuff for his stocking including GCs
I also need to pick up the basketball hoop on Black Friday, that is for both boys.

Dh is getting a heated hoodie, foot warmers and stuff for his stocking

We have a tradition that they open a pair of PJs and an ornament on Christmas Eve so I need to get everyone's ornament and PJs for the boys.

This is the final list for them, I've changed things I originally planned on giving but this is what is going to be under the tree.

I still need to figure out gifts for parents and grandparents and dd's boyfriend.

Last edited:
I way over spent on my Mum's present this week - tickets to Neil Diamond 50th Anniversary Tour - it will be a combined Christmas/Birthday present - he is here in March and her birthday is in March!

tumblr_mty4nmQjkJ1qasxjlo4_250.gif

Just got back from Bath & Body works with my mom and got a great deal!!

Ended up getting eighteen body washes, shower gels, and lotions (including lots of the aromatherapy $16.50 ones) for $43.20!

Took advantage of the $3.95 deal plus we each had 2 coupons for $10 off $30 and for a free full-size body care item with any purchase (got 2 lotions for our free items since they weren't on sale)

Got my presents taken care of for dd's flute and vocal teachers, as well as gifts for dd since she loves their body washes.

Think retail was around $280 for everything,

Last edited:

I bought two of the Body Wash/Bubble Bath bottles last night for my two dd's. I also bought three of the aromatherapy ones for teacher gifts.

This morning I bought ds' big lego kit on the lego.com. VIPs get double points this weekend and the free Nutcracker kit so I took advantage of that opportunity to earn lego $$.

I'm slowly making a dent on the list!

Target and Amazon have board games on sale so I grabbed the family Machi Koro and a few expansion packs.
I also noticed that now for ebates on Target it says:
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on grocery, household commodities and essentials, baby care items (diapers, wipes, food, and toiletries), pet supplies, electronics, toys, sporting goods, movies, video games and consoles, contract mobile phones, prepaid and gift cards, music, books, Target Pharmacy and OTC, Target Photo, Target Optical, Target Café, SweetJOJO, and orders deemed by Target to be for resale.

Not really sure what else that leaves LOL

I was able to get rebates on many of things mentioned just last week.
This is brand new and I'm wondering if it is just for the holiday shopping season or will be permanent.

I hit Old Navy today for their Black Friday Preview for CC holders. I knocked out a lot of people in there. I spent just under $200 but got a TON of stuff (gifts plus a few things for myself).

Target and Amazon have board games on sale so I grabbed the family Machi Koro and a few expansion packs.
I also noticed that now for ebates on Target it says:
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on grocery, household commodities and essentials, baby care items (diapers, wipes, food, and toiletries), pet supplies, electronics, toys, sporting goods, movies, video games and consoles, contract mobile phones, prepaid and gift cards, music, books, Target Pharmacy and OTC, Target Photo, Target Optical, Target Café, SweetJOJO, and orders deemed by Target to be for resale.

Not really sure what else that leaves LOL

I was able to get rebates on many of things mentioned just last week.
This is brand new and I'm wondering if it is just for the holiday shopping season or will be permanent.

So....pretty much only clothing and the like now I guess! Oh well.

GC and candy for DN 21
Candy, Magic 8 ball and rock em sock em for DN16
Candy for my mom

Only need to get each boy a shirt and another GC for DN 21 and I will be done.

I really need to stop buying for my DD8, but she's just so easy to buy for!! I found a limited edition Tokidoki Barbie at my company's Holiday Bazzar and talked the guy down from $50 to $20! WHOA, major score! And Target had a big sale on licensed bedding, so I added the Tokidoki Unicorn plush for $11. We saw it in store once about 6 months ago and never again, so I figured that would be a lost cause. Now The only things I have left for her are Christmas pjs and a box set of books and stocking stuffers. Unless I can find a steal of a deal on a refurb Ipod touch, we may just wait for her birthday in April for that.

Made some progress on my youngest, DS5. So far I have:

Minecraft Union suit Jammies -$12
Dog union suit jammies - $12
Nerf Zombie Strike Dominator Blaster - $22 (was on sale and used the 25% Target toy coupon)
Lego Ninjago the Movie Game for PS4 - used B2G1 from Target, works out to roughly $25
Lego Dimensions Starter pack for WiiU - $24.99 at Best Buy
Lego Dimensions Adventure Time pack - $17.50 from Target online (Price was 29.99 in store, and sold out everywhere else)
Playdoh Shape and Learn Letters and Language - $12.75 (Used 25% @ Target yesterday)
Playdoh Shape and Learn Shapes and Colors - $5.25 (same 25% off)
Pop the Pig Game - $11.24 with 25% off at Target
Minecraft Hot Wheels set- $10 - used 40% off Cartwheel (will probably take back, he hasn't expressed interest)
Yet to purchase, scooter (?), Dispicable Me Eye Found It game, Christmas pjs, set of books, and Nintendo 2DS

I have a few ideas now for my oldest, DS11.Currently have:

Dragonball Zenoverse 2 for PS4 - $25 with B2G1 Target (Only thing he's actually asked for)
Nerf Zombie Strike Dreadbolt Crossbow - forget the price but used the 25% Target toy coupon and it was on sale too.
MegaConstrux Pokemon Charizard set - $13.50 w/ 25% off at Target
2 $40 cards to Main Event (free!)
Yet to purchase - Pokémon cards, Stormtrooper Union Suit jammies, Christmas pjs, box set of books, board game(not sure what yet, probably Pokémon related...) Set of good headphones (no idea on brand, but Beats are not in the budget!) Pokken Tournament for Nintendo Switch and stocking stuffers.

Feeling pretty good about progress so far, looking forward to finding more deals and steals! Most of the above have been purchased with the $400 worth of gift cards we got for upgrading our phones! Talk about a deal!!

Last edited:
(Hanging head in budget board shame)

I spent nearly $500 on a DSLR (refurb Canon T6i) for DD17 last night. I hadn't originally planned to purchase one, but I decided for various reasons it was time she had one. So I just went over my budget for her by 100%. :scared: But at least I got a good deal on it. And the really good news is I got an unexpected bonus at work this week, so no damage done to savings or anything to buy it.

Other than a few very small accessories to go with the camera meant to reduce the risk of damage (case, a filter to help protect the lens), I am really, really, REALLY done with DD! She better be one amazingly angelic child from now until Christmas! :littleangel: LOL

The only place with a deal on the PS4 pro is gamestop for $349 (instead of $399). The best deal on a PS4 slim is kohls, it is the same $199 as everyone else but comes with $60 in kohls cash.

I scored big for DD4 yesterday. PJ Masks was the deal of the day at Toys R Us, I got a total of 6 figures and 4 vehicles for $42 shipped. The only specific things she’s asked for this year are PJ Masks toys, so hopefully these are a hit!

I ordered a few more things this week like a Rock Tumbler for dd15. She has wanted one for a few years but I could never find one with good reviews. Hopefully she hasn't lost interest! I only have stocking stuffers left for the kids and two "big" items I'm trying to find a deal on. So close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!