christmas and New Years Thread

nisiemouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Just wondering who is going for Christmas and New Years and where are you staying. Booked flights today for 12-27-1-3. Right now we have a split stay between BCB and OKW. Hoping to move my BCV days from a studio to a 1 bedroom at AKV at 7 months. Sorry if one has been started. anyone else hoping to move resorts at 7 months?

I am! We just need one night before our cruise, and I'm hoping to move to a monorail resort. I've never moved a reservation before, so am not entirely sure how it will work. We have a room at Kidani booked on banked points. Member Services is closed the day I want to book so I'm just going to make a new reservation online. I'll have plenty of current points because we have a December use year, but I'm wondering how that will work when I cancel the existing reservation that uses banked points. I didn't think I had a shot of moving at 7 months given that it's Christmas week, but yesterday when I looked, there were a surprising amount of rooms available. I was considering booking a day early so that I could do it over the phone and get that all sorted out (booking 2 nights and then cancelling one) but I don't like the idea of gaming the system.

Good luck!

Laurie

I am! We just need one night before our cruise, and I'm hoping to move to a monorail resort. I've never moved a reservation before, so am not entirely sure how it will work. We have a room at Kidani booked on banked points. Member Services is closed the day I want to book so I'm just going to make a new reservation online. I'll have plenty of current points because we have a December use year, but I'm wondering how that will work when I cancel the existing reservation that uses banked points. I didn't think I had a shot of moving at 7 months given that it's Christmas week, but yesterday when I looked, there were a surprising amount of rooms available. I was considering booking a day early so that I could do it over the phone and get that all sorted out (booking 2 nights and then cancelling one) but I don't like the idea of gaming the system.

Good luck!

I think you should be fine sorting all the points around. I have a few borrowed that I will need to redistribute if I move to AKL from BCV. Hoping to make someone who wants BCV happy. Were you hoping for Contemporary or Grand Floridian? I might get on the waitlist for Grand Floridian for a day or two at the end. I doubt it would happen that week but maybe Jan 2 I might have a shot. It would be a nice surprise for the kids! Good luck to you two! Do you know what time of day you can start booking online?

Denise

I think you should be fine sorting all the points around. I have a few borrowed that I will need to redistribute if I move to AKL from BCV. Hoping to make someone who wants BCV happy. Were you hoping for Contemporary or Grand Floridian? I might get on the waitlist for Grand Floridian for a day or two at the end. I doubt it would happen that week but maybe Jan 2 I might have a shot. It would be a nice surprise for the kids! Good luck to you two! Do you know what time of day you can start booking online?

Denise

I've never stayed at either one, so I really have no preference. I'm going to try both and waitlist one. If we get in, fine. If not, we'll still be at Disney for a night, so I'm happy. I think I can get online at 8am.

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter