Christmas and News Years at Dolphin or Swan?

Boardwalk Tigger

DIS Veteran
We are coming in the day after Christmas and staying for a week. so we will be there for New Years. Any of you have any thoughts on which hotel would be better? There will be four of us including a "tween"and a young teenager:) Thanks so much.

We were at OKW same time last year. Dolphin/Swan had a special New Year's Eve dinner and party with live bands ,etc. They had separate "teen" area. We asked DS if he wanted to go but opted to just do our own thing. It will be great at either Swan or Dolphin to just walk back to your resort from Epcot or MGM. Very convenient area. Pool area is great. Don't know the room differences. We started NY eve day at MGM and then to Epcot for PS at Teppanyaki. It was very crowded and they handed out hat and noise makers. If it hadn't poured , we would have stayed until 12 but we did leave after our meal around 10pm and went to BW while DH retrieved car fro MGM. Then home to OKW to watch ball drop and see some of the fireworks from Epcot from our patio. Hope no repeat of the rain this year. We had new year's breakfast at 1900 PF and then toured MK. Very quiet! Alot of folks had holiday lights up at OKW along with the resort decorations, it was very festive. Can't wait to return.
Try to get Candlelight Porcessional pkge for one of the last nights. We did it 12/30 and it was fantastic.
Connears

The Dolphin has a HUGE tree in the lobby, with a train set around the base, a light show ( at 5 I think) and a pianist playing carols and other songs. We have been there last 2 New Years with grandkids and they just love it.

I would say the Dolphin if you have a tween. They have the Fountain restaurant for great sundaes and burgers. The better game room, and Tubbies which is open for snacks and stuff 24 hours a day all in your hotel. The tree is awesome and the decorations are nicer at the Dolphin. With that said I love the Swan... :)

Boardwalk Tigger,

I am taking a solo trip to WDW and will be staying at the Swan the same time as you will .

I have never stayed there before, but was told that WDW is a site that you most see during x-mas time.

Hope to see you there
:earsboy: :earsboy:

Thanks for the replies. We are booked for the Dolphin! I hope to book a candlelight package when they are released. My teen and tween appreciate your comments too:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter