Christmas Dreams at HNY - the title is very inventive :rotfl2:

Monday 2 December - Wednesday 4 December

The Cast:

Me - Julie - 39
DH - John - 42
DD - Abbey - 16
DS - Lewis - 9

Here they are from our summer trip:

I can't believe I'm actually writing this, but we're going to DLP to see the Christmas decorations :cool1:

This started out as I was looking at a Christmas magazine and noticed some lovely tree decorations. I said to DH 'wouldn't it be lovely to go to DLP and get some really nice things for our tree?' He replied that yes, maybe me and Abbey could 'pop' over for a short stay. I said that I couldn't go without Lewis and I started to price up a weekend trip. DH can't go at the weekends, so it was just to be me and the kids. I was delighted just to be going at all so priced up Santa Fe and started looking at flights.

Then DH stunned me by saying he'd love to see it all too! So the plans changed to mid-week, and knowing DH he'd want a different hotel ;) So Santa Fe turned into Sequoia Lodge, then Golden Forest room, then when I played about with the 40% discount on the Dutch site I noticed that it was actually £6 cheaper to stay at the Hotel New York! So that was it decided :thumbsup2

We'll fly to CDG on Monday, arrive at Disney at approx 5pm. Hopefully John from Ezyshuttle will be available to shuttle us.

We will check in, and then hit the parks. I think it closes about 7pm on this night, so will need to check out the daily schedule for definite plans.

Whole day Tuesday between both parks. Meals not fully decided yet but I fancy either Cafe Mickey or Inventions for a bit of character interaction. We've missed this the last couple of times and even Lewis said he was keen to do this again.

Our flight home on Wednesday isn't until 6pm, so we'll have the morning and lunch in the park before being shuttled back to the airport.

The only slight downside is that the flight takes us to Luton first. For some reason there are no flights with Easyjet on a Wednesday direct to Glasgow, so we'll have something to eat whilst waiting on our connecting flight at about 9pm.

It's a busy time just now with us at home, things going on at school and work. Luckily most of our Christmas shopping is all done, I even did most of the wrapping on Saturday, so we should be fairly organised by the time we go. :thumbsup2

I haven't even fully investigated what's going on at the park, but will spend some time doing this in the next few days. ;)

So happy :goodvibes

Yay!

I've not been at Christmas since 2006, but I loved it then, so I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!

How exciting I have already booked our trip for next December so I love hearing everyone's experiences of this year!

I miss dlp so much and it's only been a month since we were there lol - I'm not one bit jealous of ur fab last min trip :p

I hope u all have a wonderful time and I can't wait to read all about it and see the pics!!

Yay!

I've not been at Christmas since 2006, but I loved it then, so I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!

Thanks, we're really excited :)

How exciting I have already booked our trip for next December so I love hearing everyone's experiences of this year!

I miss dlp so much and it's only been a month since we were there lol - I'm not one bit jealous of ur fab last min trip :p

I hope u all have a wonderful time and I can't wait to read all about it and see the pics!!

I'm always missing DLP and we were just there in the summer. I've never done 2 trips in the same year before and am so looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations :goodvibes

Wow......sounds like a fantastic time will be had! I have never been at Christmas and am seriously considering it for next year :-D looking forward to hearing how it all goes x

Thanks for the comments folks :)

We sat down last night and watched a few youtube clips of the tree lighting, christmas cavalcade etc and we're more excited now than ever :cool1:

I think we've agreed to give Inventions a try on our first night. I plan to book this for around 19:30 so we can go straight to the DLH after Dreams.

We're also going to change our usual EMH routine. Normally we go to the park for 8am and then back to the hotel for breakfast. But this time we're going to do breakfast first, and try to be at the park for around 9am. I'm hoping that at this time of year, and on a Tuesday it won't be very busy. This way we'll be in the park for opening and I'm determined to get to see Santa, Meet Mickey, Jack etc so want to try and do these before queues start to build.

Dinner on second night will likely be Annette's. We've never, ever been to DLP and not gone to Annette's so we need to do it. Plus it's good value given that we'll be spending a fortune in Inventions the night before :rolleyes:

Not sure yet if we'll eat here early, or stay in the park all day before going but I don't want to get caught in a rush of people exiting the park. It will depend on the weather I suppose and how hungry we are.

On our last morning we intend to try and hit the studios early, after checking out of our hotel. We'll try and be there around 9.30 as I know they always open early, so we should be in with a good chance of getting on Crush.

I've sent a wee email off to the DLP vip team to see if I can arrange an English speaking tour of TOT for the Wednesday morning. The shareholders page says in French only, but I have heard of this being made possible before. DH and DD love TOT and go on it several times each day, so I think this would be a nice wee treat for them.

John from Ezyshuttle has confirmed he's fine to shuttle us to the magic. I'm so glad about that. :thumbsup2

So, all booked, paid, documents printed etc. Just need to get some thermals bought for DH who hates the cold (he's been warned!) and then we are all sorted.

Isn't it amazing how quickly a DLP holiday can be organised when you've been so many times before? :rotfl:

I love it when a plan comes together :)

Sounds like a busy few day but it will be worth it :goodvibes

I bought our thermals from m and m direct v cheap.

Happy planning

Ps my bf been over today we where talking about the big 40 we both really looking forward to mine lees than a year lol xx

I love it when a plan comes together :)

Sounds like a busy few day but it will be worth it :goodvibes

I bought our thermals from m and m direct v cheap.

Happy planning

Ps my bf been over today we where talking about the big 40 we both really looking forward to mine lees than a year lol xx

Thanks for the thermals tip, I'll have a look :thumbsup2 I'm getting excited about the big 40 trip too :goodvibes

Your trip looks great! I love the idea of a TOT tour and I can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations either. :thumbsup2

Typical huh?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a reply this week :)

I've just called the dining reservations line and booked us in for Inventions on Monday night, 19:45. She said that 19:30 was fully booked.....I hope it's not going to be mobbed :faint:

I treated myself to a new bag for DLP. The one I'd bought for summer proved to be a bit too wee and I spent my days pulling everything out to get to the bottom of it. Little things like this make me happy as it's always me who ends up carrying all the bits for our days.....

One week to go. This time next week I'll be packing :cheer2::cheer2:

Nearly there!!!! Your meal plans sound very like mine usually pan out lol!!! Have never done a trip without Annettes.....I just couldn't. Loving your excuse for w new bag lol z;-)

Nearly there!!!! Your meal plans sound very like mine usually pan out lol!!! Have never done a trip without Annettes.....I just couldn't. Loving your excuse for w new bag lol z;-)

You never need an excuse for a new bag ;)

Well TOT tour isn't going to happen. Got an email response saying sorry only in French. Our own fault for not learning to speak French before now. Never mind, they'll still have a ball going on it over and over :)

I got excited yesterday when an email from Sky popped in offering a preview of the new Frozen movie. Unfortunately the only time near us is on Saturday morning and Abbey and I have a day out already planned. So I had a quick look at my local cinema listings and was surpised to see a showing on Sunday morning for this. The film doesn't release officially until 6 December, so I'm really happy we're getting to see this before we go :cheer2:

A busy week ahead for us with parents night at school and Lewis has some shows to do for his school entertainment group so I'll need to get organised soon as we won't be in much this week.

Watching youtube on the bus every day to and from work and always end up watching the original version of Dreams.....love it. I've just realised that we saw the updated version in the summer and will now be seeing Christmas Dreams....how lucky to see all versions! I can't wait for next Monday :cool1:

Have a fun trip, I can't wait until we are at HNY and back in the parks to watch Dreams!

Sounds amazing! So excited for you!

Thank you!

Have a fun trip, I can't wait until we are at HNY and back in the parks to watch Dreams!

Thank you!

Well, as predicted it's been a very busy few days but I think I'm just about there ;) I've got most of the little things done and just need to put clothes in a case tomorrow and then we're set for Monday morning :yay:

Tonight I got some lovely surprises from the kids. We've been looking at photos of the park all decorated and I said I'd love to have a Mickey garland.......well......look at what Abbey made me:

I LOVE IT :santa:

And not to be outdone, Lewis then presented me with this:

Fab! :artist:

So, off to the cinema to see a preview of Frozen tomorrow morning, then Lewis is singing with his school group for a while in the afternoon. I'll get the case packed tomorrow and then we'll be off on Monday morning!!

I'm too excited :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I could have wrote this!!! :rotfl2:

Julie I hope you have a great holiday. Sorry I'm only catching up now and excited to hear if it really is as magical this year as it all sounds. You must be there now and after watching Dreams :wizard:. Abbey and Lewis certainly have an artistic streak.
:santa::santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter