• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day - tell me about ADR's

IluvDonald!

Mouseketeer
How hard is it to get ressies for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? We'll be looking at table service, but not necessarily signature.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!:)

Make them at your 180 day mark and it should not be an issue. I made all our Easter week reservations at the 180 day mark (than changed them a dozen times) and always got what I wanted.

We will also be there x-mas and I will be makign our reservations on 6/18 at 7am.

Normal ressies shouldn't be that much different than other days. LTT will probably be harder than usual, because people like the homey feeling on holidays, but others should be the same. (FWIW, I would avoid LTT anyway.) The restaurants that are hard to get into at other times, will still be hard to get into, etc. Special holiday meals, such as the Candlelight Processional package, will be more difficult. If you're looking for a special meal, pay attention to release dates & call ASAP. Enjoy! I've always wanted to go over Christmas.

I've never had a problem getting ADRs for the restaurants we've wanted for Christmas. I was even able to get a ADR for 10 at Ohana last year. Just call early or go online early when your 180 day opens up and you should be good to go.

This is the busiest time of year at Disney.

If you know where you want to eat and ensure that you have a place to eat, I would make your ADRs at your 180 days. Restaurants fill up and turn people away at slower times of the year... so I wouldn't take the chance during Christmas.

Just call EXACTLY at 180 days.

I did & got everything I wanted with no problems at all
:
1900 PF (dinner) on Xmas Eve
'Ohana (breakfast) on Xmas day
Chef Mickey's (dinner) on Xmas day

Just an FYI... if you are making ANY dining for the MK restaurants on Christmas day..Make sure you get to the park early and STAY there..IF MK closes a phase 4 capacity ( and it does often on XMas day )..You will NOT be allowed to enter ,even for dining adrs.

How hard is it to get ressies for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? We'll be looking at table service, but not necessarily signature.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!:)

It used to be Christmas day was LTT. Still good food there. As for Christmas eve we like to hang out at MGM (DHS for the new people:laughing:) and watch the Osbourne lights and also eat at Mama Melrose while we are there. But that's what we like to do. :love:

We called really ahead of time for our Christmas Day and Christmas Eve meals. Whispering Canyon was really hard to get, but they have a special Christmas meal. (We ended up cancelling that one because we decided to do Christmas Eve at the studios so we could be at Osbourne Lights that day.. BTW we do not regret that since it was one of the most magical nights of our entire lives. People were hugging and dancing and telling each other Merry Christmas. We saw people crying and holding their families. It was amazing) We did 50's Primetime that day because it was the only ADR we could get at the Studios after having to change the WC one. For Christmas Day, we reserved LTT. LOVED the meal that day. Very Christmasy. MK was horrible, beyond horrible for crowds, so we ate a late lunch and watched the parade then went to DTD to watch Marley and Me. It was a great day. We were there from the 21 to the 2, so we were lucky enough to not have to fight the crowds on Christmas Day.
We have been that week the last 2 years, but we did not arrive at the parks until the 26 this year, but ADRs are still highly, highly recommended. On New Years Eve, people were having to sign up for 4 hour waits or just being turned away from every restaurant. Enjoy your trip!

Just call EXACTLY at 180 days.

I did & got everything I wanted with no problems at all
:
1900 PF (dinner) on Xmas Eve
'Ohana (breakfast) on Xmas day
Chef Mickey's (dinner) on Xmas day

Were these your last year plans - there is no way you could have made 2010 x-mas reservations yet. Even with the onsite 180+10 you are still a little under a month out.

Please clarify - maybe I am miss understanding - I am also going 12/16-12/25 and can not make mines until 6-18.

Were these your last year plans - there is no way you could have made 2010 x-mas reservations yet. Even with the onsite 180+10 you are still a little under a month out.

Please clarify - maybe I am miss understanding - I am also going 12/16-12/25 and can not make mines until 6-18.

Oh no...sorry, we did this in 2007.

My family was at WDW for Christmas eve/day in 2009. We had Christmas eve candlelight processional package dinner at Rose and Crown. It was a great meal and the CP was awesome!! Just what we needed to celebrate Christ's birth! We spent the morning of Christmas day at MK, went at rope drop (7am) with no crowd problems until around 11, we claimed a parade spot and had CS carryout "picnic" lunch and left as soon as the parade was over.....by the end of the parade the crowd was SCARY!! We swam that afternoon, took a nap and had Christmas dinner at WCC which was awesome!! A totally great Christmas. The only problem will be this year when we will walk around all day saying "remember last year .......!":santa:

We have done Disney during Christmas, so wonderful and truly magical. We normally have done CS and park hopped.(Works great when kids are small) But for the last several years we have eaten character breakfast as early as possible, then over to Epcot for a early dinner around 4:00 to 5:00 which is very early for us. Then back over to the MK or HS which ever we decide. If we get hungry snacks or CS.
I called and made ADRs for holidays.

Thanks for the tips guys!
I'm looking to organise a character breakfast/ dinner for my family either Christmas Eve/ Day (still in the early stages of planning!) but want to surprise them with it, so still undecided.

Any ideas which would be best? How hard is it to get these reservations? Where would you choose? There's 8 of us, aged between 67-15!

Eek, sorry for allll the questions!!

Many thanks in advance xxxx

I'm looking to organise a character breakfast/ dinner for my family either Christmas Eve/ Day

Any ideas which would be best? How hard is it to get these reservations? Where would you choose?

In 2007, I called right at 180 days out & easily got:
Xmas Eve dinner at 1900 PF.
Xmas breakfast at O'Hana.
Xmas day dinner at Chef Mickey's.
Out of the three...I think our breakfast on Xmas morning at O'Hana's was our favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter