Christmas gift for my Dopey

Goofyfan442

Earning My Ears
Hello all,
My wife is going to be completing the Dopey in Jan 2019. I was looking for some advice on items or gear she could need that would make for a good thoughtful Christmas gift and help her in the Dopey-est thing I ever heard. Gear, clothes, tech, recovery, etc. I’m all ears.

Thank you in advance for your time and ideas.

Hello all,
My wife is going to be completing the Dopey in Jan 2019. I was looking for some advice on items or gear she could need that would make for a good thoughtful Christmas gift and help her in the Dopey-est thing I ever heard. Gear, clothes, tech, recovery, etc. I’m all ears.

Thank you in advance for your time and ideas.
A couple of thoughts and I'm not sure how practical they are for your travel plans. You could surprise her by purchasing the race retreat package for 1/12 and 1/13. That is, if she has not already purchased it herself. You would have to be a little clever in logging in to her account and purchasing it under her registration. A little less sneaky would be a post race massage at one of the resorts if you're staying on property?

So bath and shower bombs can be a nice thing for recovery after long runs. There are a huge variety of them but here's an example. https://basin.com/bath/bath-bombs/
If you live in a colder climate, running gloves, mittens can be nice. A lot of people like the convertible style that has a mitten that pulls over the fingers for when it's really cold and that can be flipped back as you start to warm up. If she runs with a touchscreen watch or phone she'd probably like them to have touchscreen finger tips too.
If she doesn't have a foam roller those are handy. I like the mid size trigger point roller. Its big enough to use easily, but it fits in a carry on suitcase and it's hollow so I can stuff things in it when I pack.
A good running watch is really nice. There has been discussion about the VivoActive3 recently on this board. (if she's already got an apple watch 3 she might not need this). I currently have an apple watch 3 and a garmin 235. The Garmin is definitely a better running watch, but I just wind up wearing the apple watch for everything. (I don't use it for intervals so, I can speak to how well the apple watch handle run/walk intervals)
With Dopey she's going to be getting 6 medals. A medal hangar is a great way to show off this accomplishment or one of the lasting commemorative things could also be a good way to show things off.

Gift certificate for a massage after completing Dopey would be at the top of my wish list. Get a 90+ minute one. An hour massage goes by way too fast. If you have spas at home I'd book one there instead of Disney because she can do it on her schedule and it's usually a lot cheaper.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I guess she is pretty well prepared. Just have to pamper her

If she likes purses, you could order her the marathon weekend Dooney and Burke tote - she wouldn't get it until the expo but it would be a very special token to remember the race weekend!

If she likes Pandora Jewelry they have a new seven dwarfs charm that I am hoping is under my tree to celebrate Dopey!

I second what @Bree says with the massage! I had that scheduled for as soon as I got home and it was so worth it.

I got a bunch of running related stocking stuffers last year before Dopey that were great. Things like Sports Beans, socks, Nuun tablets, hand-warmers, etc. So I'd figure out what type of nutrition she likes to use on course and get her some of that so she doesn't have to worry about it later. And her favorite brand of running socks, maybe some throwawy gloves/hats/etc. in case it's cold like it was last year. Chapstick, mylar blankets, ponchos and a small pack of tissues can be helpful for cold/wet weather. So kind of like making a 'Dopey First Aid Kit' but doing it all as stocking stuffers.

Also, even if she doesn't need them right now, a new pair of running shoes is always one of my favorite Christmas gifts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter