Christmas must see?

BQR

Earning My Ears
Christmas must see for your family?

Will be at Old Key West 11-25 for five nites.
Have our tickets for "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party".

Will have our three year old Grandson & his family. Character show where?
Restarants? Other resorts to visit?

Thanks for your help!!!!! :santa:

BQR

I like seeing all of the resorts at Christmas but my fave is Wilderness Lodge. It's so pretty and the Christmas Tree is HUGE!

I'm going the second week of December and really it's my favorite part of the year. Everything is decorated so nicely and I enjoy Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I'm so excited for you and me! :santa:

Don't miss the Osborne Lights over at the Studios. It is absolutely fabulous!

Another thing to see and hear is the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. Also, check out the gingerbread house at GF.

I love the special Holiday ending to the Epcot fireworks. We will not be seeing that this year and I am feeling very deprived. :sad1:

The tree lighting ceremony at EPCOT. Voices of Liberty singing carols at the American Adventure. Storytellers around the world showcase. All the characters dressed in holiday finery (all the normal spots). There is sooo much to see. Your grandson will be in awe.

And this year they are adding a castle lighting in MK. I have seen the artist's rendering and it should be spectacular. The castle will look like it is covered in ice. I cannot wait myself.

for special decorations. The Boardwalk has a miniature amusement park display, the Yacht Club has a electric train display, the Beach Club has a chocolate carosel, there is a gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian and all have huge trees,etc.

Another vote for the Osborne Festival of Lights.

The Candlelight Processional was nice - but we waited in line for 2 hours to have a decent seat. We didn't plan to - but when we were walking by - the line was already so long - we had to get in it. Not sure if a 3 yo would enjoy it.

All the decorations are amazing. Don't forget your Holiday sweater for pictures. We dragged around my DS red Mickey sweater around us - so whenever we came accross a great tree, etc. We threw the sweater on him and used one for our Christmas photo.

Janis

When we have tickets for an after hours party at MK, we try to eat dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. We have always found that the characters there really help us get into the spirit of the party and we all enjoy the food. We're doing that this Halloween eve, skipping the party, but eating dinner there. The characters are dressed up for Halloween, and are a hoot!

I too strongly recommend Osborne Lights. If you are doing Candlelight Processional, definitely try to get a dinner package, the line is better and you do get in. Once we didn't get in the line until 10 minutes before the show, but we did get in, and that was for the last show of the night, when it's dark out and even more spectacluar. Going for the last show is great too, because you have a short wait for Illuminations. Only you know how your 3 year old handles late hours, though. We aren't even bringing our DGC to any late festivities, they are 2, 3 and 4...so no parties for them. Let us know how you make out!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I'd definitely go to the Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house, and the past few years, the Contemporary has had a great Pinocchio display on the first floor lobby. It's also worth a walk around the lake to see the decorations at the Boardwalk, and Yacht & Beach lobbies.

MVMCP
Osborne Lights
Candlelight Processional
All of the Hotel Decorations
EPCOT tree lighting cermony
Story Tellers in EPCOT
Osborne Lights (that good to see twice)

We really enjoyed the Storytellers around the World (Showcase) last year. Jule Nissen (Norway) was our favorite. We saw his show three times.

You can also work in a trip to see Santa. He's at Magic Kingdom (near Town Hall Guest Services) and DTD (in a special candyland setup near World of Disney). Of the two, I think I preferred DTD. The queue was more festive and North Polesy. I believe it had an elf train garden too.

Speaking of, they decorate Germany's train garden in EPCOT with holiday trim. It's one of the best holiday gardens I've seen. Draws in a lot of kids, young and old.

I wasn't as impressed with MVMCP as I was with the Halloween party, but I'm headed back this New Year's. The one thing on my "must see" list is Osborne Lights in MGM. Get there 20-30 minutes before show time and find your way to the giant Christmas street in the center of the street. Ask a CM if they've found someone to start the show yet. If not, your kids may get the chance to flip the giant switch and turn the place alive. It's called the "Spectacle of Lights" for good reason. Everything lit up, twinkling and periodically dancing to timed music. The dancing is particularly stunning.

One downer is you will have absolutely no desire to illuminate your house at home. After seeing Osborne you know you'll never come close to that.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter