Christmas/New Year Trip 2020

LeanneDownUnder

Mouseketeer
Hello again!
Question for people who have traveled in December and January to Orlando. What were the best prices you got, where did you get them and when approximately did you shop? We are looking for Christmas/NYE 2020! Thanks
2764.png

We will also be going at that time of the year ... arrive 15 December and depart 5 January. We knew we were going for our 2020 trip early this year so we did mock bookings online to get an idea of prices for budgeting purposes. Then I spend a bit of time as soon as the flights come out to check prices then go straight to my travel agent to get their prices and do the comparisons then. I've got spreadsheets happening and everything lol

We are looking forward to lots of things but especially, NYE at EPCOT 😍

We will also be going at that time of the year ... arrive 15 December and depart 5 January. We knew we were going for our 2020 trip early this year so we did mock bookings online to get an idea of prices for budgeting purposes. Then I spend a bit of time as soon as the flights come out to check prices then go straight to my travel agent to get their prices and do the comparisons then. I've got spreadsheets happening and everything lol

We are looking forward to lots of things but especially, NYE at EPCOT 😍

We will be there around the same time by the sounds of it :wave2: We plan to leave around the 19th and come home around the 14th. We have booked POP room only at the moment and will wait and see what happens as time moves on. What is your best prices so far for flights?

We go around the 12th December every year and buy the flight tickets when they are released. Prices only tend to increase after this. We fly Qantas. Not sure about other airlines.

When we went in Dec 2016, we flew Delta, only cause the departure times suited us better, usually fly Virgin Aust. If I remember I bought the tickets in Feb, they increased as the months went by. We left Syd 16th Dec, if U go before this date it is a bit cheaper, we stayed Anaheim 4 nights and then flew to Orlando 20th Dec and had 14 nights in WDW, 4 nights Cabana Bay Resort for Universal , 7 night Disney cruise and then 3 more nights WDW, then flew from Orlando to LAX , changed planes and home. If I remember it was close to $2000 each for the flights. Ugh was heaps more than when we previously went in Sept, but hey it was Xmas and beautiful. We did manage to score the free dining plan for WDW for our 14 nights, table service so we saved heaps there, and then the cruise , so only had to buy meals when at Cabana Bay, which was a great resort for Universal and our last 3 nights at WDW after the cruise .

I was checking flights on line, and then I went to travel agent to see if she could get better, eventually she came up with the same prices I was finding, so I just booked with her, we had 2 bags each sector which was good

When we went in Dec 2016, we flew Delta, only cause the departure times suited us better, usually fly Virgin Aust. If I remember I bought the tickets in Feb, they increased as the months went by. We left Syd 16th Dec, if U go before this date it is a bit cheaper, we stayed Anaheim 4 nights and then flew to Orlando 20th Dec and had 14 nights in WDW, 4 nights Cabana Bay Resort for Universal , 7 night Disney cruise and then 3 more nights WDW, then flew from Orlando to LAX , changed planes and home. If I remember it was close to $2000 each for the flights. Ugh was heaps more than when we previously went in Sept, but hey it was Xmas and beautiful. We did manage to score the free dining plan for WDW for our 14 nights, table service so we saved heaps there, and then the cruise , so only had to buy meals when at Cabana Bay, which was a great resort for Universal and our last 3 nights at WDW after the cruise .

Wow, that December 2016 trip sounds like a dream......I would love to do all that (and to also get free dining - score!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!