Christmas on the Magic 2016 - COMPLETED

Thanks much for taking the time to share your trip with all of us. I just started reading a couple of days ago. You did a great job explaining and posting photos. I am looking forward to reading your next trip report.

Thanks much for taking the time to share your trip with all of us. I just started reading a couple of days ago. You did a great job explaining and posting photos. I am looking forward to reading your next trip report.
I'm glad you liked it :-)

I don't really read trip reports, and I just read the whole thing and LOVE it!
But, I hate you for making me miss the Magic soon much!
:-)It makes me so happy people enjoyed my Trip Report. It was an awesome ship writing this made me miss it too!

:-)It makes me so happy people enjoyed my Trip Report. It was an awesome ship writing this made me miss it too!

It was home for a year, but I left for good about a month before you sailed. Glad you enjoyed your trip, the Magic and the Wonder have been such as massive part of my life, and it makes me so happy when I see people loving them!

It was home for a year, but I left for good about a month before you sailed. Glad you enjoyed your trip, the Magic and the Wonder have been such as massive part of my life, and it makes me so happy when I see people loving them!
Oh you worked on the ship? That's so cool! What did you do?

Good old Youth Activities! Best/craziest three years of my life. Miss it every day, but it was time for land...
I probably wouldn't have seen you then on the ship I avoided all the kids areas lol. How was it living on the ship?

I probably wouldn't have seen you then on the ship I avoided all the kids areas lol. How was it living on the ship?

Living on the ship is like nothing you'll ever do. I had such a love-hate relationship with it. It was definitely the hardest Ive ever worked, Im still getting used to having days off...

Living on the ship is like nothing you'll ever do. I had such a love-hate relationship with it. It was definitely the hardest Ive ever worked, Im still getting used to having days off...
I've heard how when on the cruise you work like 24/7. I don't think I could do that, but getting the travel the world does seem fun.

I've heard how when on the cruise you work like 24/7. I don't think I could do that, but getting the travel the world does seem fun.

So worth it. Although I was lucky enough to get contracts on the classic ships so got to see some amazing places. I doubt I'd have made it past one contract if I'd been put on the Dream...

So worth it. Although I was lucky enough to get contracts on the classic ships so got to see some amazing places. I doubt I'd have made it past one contract if I'd been put on the Dream...
What's wrong with the Dream? I'm going on that ship in May lol

What's wrong with the Dream? I'm going on that ship in May lol

Nothing with the ship, but personally I wouldn't want to be working PC, Nassau and CC for 5 months at a time lol. Although there are CM that love it.
I personally prefer the longer cruises and getting to know the guests.

So I don't think I'll be writing a cruise trip report in May after all. We crunched the numbers and it'll be $2,000 cheaper to do a week stay at Disney instead so I think that's what we are going to end up doing and use that money we save to go on a longer cruise later on.

:wave2:

Fancy meeting you here!

THANK YOU so much for posting this report. My CM friend Teena and I just booked the 9/9/17 sailing of the Fantasy yesterday and I am looking at excursions now. I am so happy to see your review of the Rebel Yell from Tortola. I have seen very few reviews, particularly of the Bight's Beach. Your posts were perfect! Beautiful pictures.

What do you have for an underwater camera? The blue tint thing is not unusual. I have two Fuji XP underwater cameras that I will be bringing on the trip.

:fish:

I probably will be mostly snorkeling at Bight's or maybe lounging on the beach- do you have an assessment of how it was there? Not worried about the cold water- I am from New England and 70 degree ocean water is like bathwater to me.

:thanks:

Dee

:wave2:

Fancy meeting you here!

THANK YOU so much for posting this report. My CM friend Teena and I just booked the 9/9/17 sailing of the Fantasy yesterday and I am looking at excursions now. I am so happy to see your review of the Rebel Yell from Tortola. I have seen very few reviews, particularly of the Bight's Beach. Your posts were perfect! Beautiful pictures.

What do you have for an underwater camera? The blue tint thing is not unusual. I have two Fuji XP underwater cameras that I will be bringing on the trip.

:fish:

I probably will be mostly snorkeling at Bight's or maybe lounging on the beach- do you have an assessment of how it was there? Not worried about the cold water- I am from New England and 70 degree ocean water is like bathwater to me.

:thanks:

Dee
Thank you for reading :) I'll have to get back to you on the camera type, I'm at work now and it's at home. I really liked my Rebel Yell excursion. You'll be able to see a lot of fish only a couple feet deep at Bight's Beach. It was a nice beach they had a bunch of lounge chairs on the beach where you can relax and soak up some sun. They have one bar/restaurant on the beach that serves drinks and food. I didn't have either, but saw people who did and it looked good. I don't think the water will be too cold in September, it wasn't that bad in December and I am a Floridian who gets cold easily lol. You are going to have a great time enjoy!

FSU Girl...OH my this was a wonderful trip report. I felt right there with you all. The pictures were amazing. Can't wait to read another trip report you author. Keep it up. What a joy it was to feel right along on the cruise with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!