Christmas Wrapping paper -- where to purchase?

kathy884

DIS Veteran
Where should I go to buy some nice Christmas wrapping paper and not spend a fortune? Walmart? Target? Any sites with free shipping with good online deals? // I had lots from after Christmas sales that lasted me for quite a few years, but see that I am down to one roll of paper believe it or not.

I don't need any of this now, but I'm also curious on where you think the best deal is for buying gift bags. I'm just going the paper route this year for Christmas and have some nice birthday gift and general purpose bags in good shape that I can reuse at the moment, but OMG -- just going on a whim at Walgreens or something like that for tissue and a bag for a gift can cost a small fortune, so I'm interested for future reference where you shop for gift bags too.

Thanks in advance!

I get all of my holiday gift bags at either Hobby Lobby (50% off) or Dollar Tree. I bought wrapping paper at Hallmark when they had their buy one get one free sale. Since you missed that, I would look at Hobby Lobby for wrapping paper.

Agree with Hobby Lobby. Their paper is great quality. I purchased some last year from Walmart & ripped more than I used while wrapping. Their prices are reasonable also. Another good place to check is TJ Maxx or Marshall’s. Again, pretty good quality & reasonable prices.

Thanks so much for the tips! I would not have even thought of Hobby Lobby or Dollar Tree. There is a Hobby Lobby very close to me that I rarely ever go to. I will check it out. I very much appreciate high quality wrapping paper. There is also a Dollar Tree that is just a 10 minute walk or super short drive from by home that I have never even stepped inside. I will have to check that out too next time I need gift bags as it is so convenient. Also believe it or not I have not been in a Marshall's or TJ Max store since the 90s (it's been more than 20 years).

I would not have even thought of those places, so I really appreciate your advice and taking the time to post. I'm not much of a shopper and just tend to get things when something wears out or if I run out of something that I need.

This wont help you now but if you check Kohls after Christmas they usually discount their wrap quite a bit and it is amazing quality. Just in case you want to limit how much you buy for this year and then stock up after the hoilday

Great tip. Thanks you!

I love Hobby Lobby's wrapping paper and usually stock up on gift bags and paper there the day after Christmas at 66% off, which is kind of funny because It's normally 50% off already. You have to get there early for the paper though! Also gift bags at Dollar Tree.

Where should I go to buy some nice Christmas wrapping paper and not spend a fortune? Walmart? Target? Any sites with free shipping with good online deals? // I had lots from after Christmas sales that lasted me for quite a few years, but see that I am down to one roll of paper believe it or not.

I don't need any of this now, but I'm also curious on where you think the best deal is for buying gift bags. I'm just going the paper route this year for Christmas and have some nice birthday gift and general purpose bags in good shape that I can reuse at the moment, but OMG -- just going on a whim at Walgreens or something like that for tissue and a bag for a gift can cost a small fortune, so I'm interested for future reference where you shop for gift bags too.

Thanks in advance!
I just got gift bags, gift wrap, nesting boxes and tissue paper and bows at Christmas Tree Shops. They also have a $10 off coupon on the web page today. If you do not live in New England you can use online.

Costco has great wrapping paper, before that I had purchased at Target, 99 cents only store and Dollar Tree. From those three stores the quality is the same if you don’t purchase the quality one from Target...

Gift boxes, gift bags, tissue, tape all of that is still the dollar tree and the 99.

Thanks so much for the tips! I would not have even thought of Hobby Lobby or Dollar Tree. There is a Hobby Lobby very close to me that I rarely ever go to. I will check it out. I very much appreciate high quality wrapping paper. There is also a Dollar Tree that is just a 10 minute walk or super short drive from by home that I have never even stepped inside. I will have to check that out too next time I need gift bags as it is so convenient. Also believe it or not I have not been in a Marshall's or TJ Max store since the 90s (it's been more than 20 years).

I would not have even thought of those places, so I really appreciate your advice and taking the time to post. I'm not much of a shopper and just tend to get things when something wears out or if I run out of something that I need.
We’ve gotten some huge rolls of great quality paper at Costco, double sided too. Haven’t seen what they have this year. (The paper in the multipacks can be a small amount though.)

I had no idea about Hobby Lobby! Usually I feel I’m getting ripped buying anywhere but Costco lol so I’ll definitely have to check them out! And we really could use some new bags this year.

Side Xmas stuff deals: Fwiw I’ve also picked up tissue paper at Costco (some years good deal, some years not). As for tags I’m a dollar store addict! Also sometimes I’m able to find cute Holiday paper plates & napkins at Dollar Store- one can only do so many loads of dishes on Christmas :faint:

T

Hen you have not been to a TJ or Marahalls. They have totally changed since then. You wont recognize them

Ooh I may need to check out Hobby Lobby - I was thinking of picking up some gift bags and never thought of trying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!