Christmas Wrapping paper -- where to purchase?

Michaels has very cheap craft gift bags. Ten or 13 for $5 with a 50% coupon. They are cute with a real ribbon bow.

HObby lobby. Their quality is GREAT and there’s more on a roll than usual. I usually get red with white polka dots ( reminds me of Minnie Mouse)

Use a coupon if it’s not on sale

Michaels has very cheap craft gift bags. Ten or 13 for $5 with a 50% coupon. They are cute with a real ribbon bow.

Some stores (Michaels, AC Moore, Joann's Fabrics, Bed Bath & Beyond) have a particular scent in them.

I'm not sure what it is. If I shop in those stores, I have to change my clothes and wash my hair when I get home, because the scent lingers. If you are shopping for people with allergies, I do not recommend buying paper products there because the scent will linger in them.

If you like the idea of craft gift bags, check to see if Walmart has them in their craft department.

I need to buy 40 gift bags for a holiday donation - I know they are $1/each st Dollar Tree. Anywhere less expensive for a size that could hold adult sweatpants? (I would have preferred to wrap, but the charity specified gift bags in the statement of need.)

I need to buy 40 gift bags for a holiday donation - I know they are $1/each st Dollar Tree. Anywhere less expensive for a size that could hold adult sweatpants? (I would have preferred to wrap, but the charity specified gift bags in the statement of need.)
Did you check Qvc. They often sell large lots
Of the bags etc.
good luck!

I don't know if you have time to order online, but maybe this:
https://www.orientaltrading.com/med...-13712690.fltr?categoryId=552704&rd=gift bags
That's $4.58 for 12 bags, but I don't have time to check shipping charges.

The last time I bought wrapping paper was at BJ's 2 years ago when it went on clearance after Christmas. I got 2 huge rolls of double sided thick paper. I plan on picking some more up during the after Christmas sales this year.

Costco is always my go to for wrapping paper. I get one of the giant rolls and make sure one side is "holiday neutral" so I can use it for all occasions. For example, my current roll is silver on one side with pretty Christmas themed words, such as mistletoe, eggnog, twinkle lights, candy canes etc. The back side is a very simple black and white stripe. I use the silver side for Christmas and the striped side for all other gifts.

I rarely buy gift bags. Usually only when I'm lacking in time and have to pick up a gift on the way to a party but I do make them out of wrapping paper when needed. It's really easy and there are tons of youtube tutorials on how to do it.

I would have preferred to wrap, but the charity specified gift bags in the statement of need.

You probably know this, but they want gift bags instead of wrapped gifts so they can check them to make sure they contain what they are supposed to contain, and not something different. There are some sick people out there.

Michael's is good if they have a sale plus a coupon that works on sale items.

I have a TON of wrapping paper so I am not allowed to buy anymore. I always get it for half off after Christmas.

I would just wrap them. It would probably be cheaper.

TJMaxx has good quality wrapping paper.

I cannot agree more with the folks that said Costco or BJs for wrapping paper! They have good thick paper that doesn’t rip. I believe Party City also has the same quality paper (for all occasions at least - not sure if they stock Christmas paper also?).

Dollar Tree Gift bags are the best bargain I have seen but we don’t buy many - I have so many that I have saved from recent years. They do have craft paper ones in multipacks though.

I didn't realize you needed gift bags specifically.
Do you have a Christmas Tree Shop around you, they have a huge selection of good quality gift bags at great prices. You don't even have to wait until after Christmas sales to stock up they are so cheap.

Aldi's had 180sq ft for 3.99. The kind with gridlines on the back and it was thick.

Ollie's had 100 sq ft for 1.99, no gridlines but thick.

For bags, boxes and tissue paper I go to The Dollar Tree.

I would buy the minimum you need now and buy more as the holiday gets closer. Paper tends to get cheaper the closer to Christmas. The best advice is to stock up during post-Christmas sales for next year.

Just a follow-up (original poster). I ended up buying two large rolls of wrapping paper (nice quality), tissue paper, and some ribbons/bows at Hobby Lobby in their 50% off section. I appreciate all the advice.

I find the best paper deals after the Holiday is over. Stores want to clear out remaining Christmas items so they don't have to store them until next year.

I got nice beautiful rolls at Walmart after Christmas last year. I started wrapping yesterday and got 70 presents done with one roll! It’s heavy quality paper and I hope they have it again this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter