Cinderella castle refurbishment

Everyone will complain about the change and then in 5 years when they change it back, the same people will complain again.

We’re supposed to be there first week of March and I spent the extra $ for the HEA dessert party. I read that HEA is still happening, but is it going to be a toned down show or have altered visuals due to this construction I wonder?

Reading what others have said on social media, people don’t actually anticipate that it’ll affect the fireworks or most sight lines from within the park. Most of the work will apparently be done in sections overnight.

I hope that Disney releases a bit more info, as this seems to be handled a bit to casually for some (ie me).

Buuuut, I’m ultimately ok with this as the Castle needs some TLC.

We didn’t get to see Sleeping Beauty’s castle when we were in Disneyland last April. It was so disappointing especially because I don’t know if we will ever go back again. Now Cinderella’s castle is being refurbished too. I really hope it won’t be completely covered as well when we go in June. We have been many times before, but I really wanted to see the castle in tact. I look forward to more details.

With people here saying that the work will be done mostly at night I'm wondering if that means they won't be extended hours at MK as much. 1 week each side of easter was open to midnight last 2 years beside party nights. I'm wondering if it will be 11 or 10pm instead so they can work on it more

With people here saying that the work will be done mostly at night I'm wondering if that means they won't be extended hours at MK as much. 1 week each side of easter was open to midnight last 2 years beside party nights. I'm wondering if it will be 11 or 10pm instead so they can work on it more

I’ve only heard that info on social media (which as we know can be less than accurate at times), so take it with a grain of salt. I don’t think we’ll truly know until we’re in the middle of this project what impact it’ll have on the guest experience.

The accents and darker blues is very similar to what they did in DL - and I agree that it looks great - I can't remember how they handled the fireworks/projection mapping when the scrims were up in California but didn't it take a couple months to get it done there?

I'm just thrilled that there's one positive of our postponing our May 2020 trip to May 2021 - it will be finished! (hopefully :p )

I love the idea, it looks so regal and magical! We will be there May 2020 for 12 days... I'm a little worried about scrim or scaffolding on the castle for our pictures but at the of the day I think I will be okay. We know that we will more than likely return in September or November of this year and we will be booking 2 trips for 2021. The stage shows and HEA will go on as planned, so we have that win. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. ❤

Last edited:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...gical-makeover-and-disney-shared-concept-art/
does anyone know when this will begin and if it will impact the aspect of the castle?
I know it’s selfish, but I just hope we can get good castle shots next week (we will be there with my parents who haven’t been since 1998 when the castle was like a big birthday cake so I am really hoping the castle will look as pretty next Sunday!)

The Princess half-marathon is this coming Sunday (23rd) so I doubt anything will be done to the castle before then. It has been posted that moat work is being started already but that won't impact photos.

The Princess half-marathon is this coming Sunday (23rd) so I doubt anything will be done to the castle before then. It has been posted that moat work is being started already but that won't impact photos.
I hope you are right! I will be there in the 23rd and hoping it won’t start before then! I didn’t think about that but it would be very disappointing for all these runners !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter