Circumpolar Race Around the World (CRAW)

Just added the 4 miles I walked yesterday and checked out the street view. Just ran by a Pemex station in rural Veracruz near the small town of La Concepcion and the city of Poza Rica. Very cool!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poza_Rica

Good job. I haven;t put in any mile since monday. Done them but haven't uploaded them to CRAW so yeah I'm slacking on the upload side of things.

Good job. I haven;t put in any mile since monday. Done them but haven't uploaded them to CRAW so yeah I'm slacking on the upload side of things.

Since I'm just walking and not yet running, I fail to upload most days myself shamefully. Hopefully I'll be fighting fit soon!

Since I'm just walking and not yet running, I fail to upload most days myself shamefully. Hopefully I'll be fighting fit soon!

I'm uploading my GPX files so it's almost easier to download 3 or 4 at once and upload them. So with CRAW had garmin auto-sync. It's funny after I finish a run and save it I get from 3-4 notifications from different services that they recorded my workout...lol

Since we're both in Houston and both riding bikes at the moment, we should probably find a way to meet up for a ride....
That sounds cool. Unfortunately I am heading to Bellevue, WA in a week for work. I am hoping to be back by the first week in October. What part of Houston are you located?

After a week of the stomach flu and lots of walking, I got a short run in today and followed it with a long walk. Going to get a long run in tomorrow as long as I feel up to it. One week to the first race I have done that was not virtual since last year’s MW. Looking forward to it!

After a week of the stomach flu and lots of walking, I got a short run in today and followed it with a long walk. Going to get a long run in tomorrow as long as I feel up to it. One week to the first race I have done that was not virtual since last year’s MW. Looking forward to it!
For having the stomach flu for a week, you sure did post a lot of miles. Impressive!!

Good luck on your real race!

Thanks, it was pretty much all walking though. Running was out of the question, but loops of walking around the neighborhood worked out ok. Tomorrow I will venture out a bit.

Hey we are halfway though Mexico soon!

Now that I’m really keeping track of how much I walk I’m figuring out why I don’t really feel recovered after a couple days off. A few hours walking is turning out to be more than I run

Silly me. I thought the shirt was included in our CRAW signup. Apparently it’s going to be an extra $40.

Week 2 Update

Congrats everyone... we blew right through the mid-point of Mexico this morning! In fact, over the past two days, we have posted the two highest mileage days so far (67.3mi on Sat & 83.6mi today).

Based on the mileage posted as of 9:20pm EDT/8:20pm CDT tonight, we have a total of 656 miles under our belts (or shoes as it may be). We should complete Region 1 sometime between 10/20 (using avg daily mileage) and 10/22 (using best fit line) depending on which prediction model you believe. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model has decreased to 1 year 7.5 months based on our average daily mileage.

Once again, if anybody hasn't posted mileage for this past week (through today), you have until midnight tomorrow (Monday) night before this past week is locked.

T-shirt: as @camaker mentioned above, it seems that the t-shirt is not included in the entry fee. I also assumed otherwise, but I guess this makes sense as you would get 12 t-shirts if you registered for all 12 regions which also seems ridiculous. In any case, they are working with RunSignUp to offer the technical t-shirt to everyone.

Silly me. I thought the shirt was included in our CRAW signup. Apparently it’s going to be an extra $40.

I also thought it was included based on the wording on the website initially. It’s fine. I dont really need another shirt or at least not one for $40.

T-shirt: as @camaker mentioned above, it seems that the t-shirt is not included in the entry fee. I also assumed otherwise, but I guess this makes sense as you would get 12 t-shirts if you registered for all 12 regions which also seems ridiculous. In any case, they are working with RunSignUp to offer the technical t-shirt to everyone.

I was wondering if there would be a different shirt for each region...that seems a bit much, but then again it may take 2 years to get through the whole thing. :)

I hope they show us a photo of the design on an actual shirt. And the difference between M and W.

It's amazing how our miles are adding up so fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter