Closest/Best Grocery Store to Uber to?

DnA2010

Rope Drop!
Hey Guys,

I tried to put through a Vons order, however because of my Canadian credit card, I can't get it to go through, as when they confirm the credit card, the zip code doesn't fit (ours have letters in) So I'm wondering where the closest/recommended grocery store is? Will need to Uber as we won't have a car. Looking for fruit/milk/diapers/some beer possibly?

There is a target nearby, the Vons is also close by, or you can try prime now.

We were able to use our Canadian credit card at Vons thanks to a tip I read here on the boards a few years back. For the zip code you use only the numbers in your postal code and then add two zeroes at the end. Voila!
Just remember to put in the hotel address for your delivery. Hope that helps! :)

There's a Vons on Harbor to the north and the Target is on Harbor to the south. I'd say they're about equidistant. I'm personally a target fan so thats where I always go.

We were able to use our Canadian credit card at Vons thanks to a tip I read here on the boards a few years back. For the zip code you use only the numbers in your postal code and then add two zeroes at the end. Voila!
Just remember to put in the hotel address for your delivery. Hope that helps! :)

Oh interesting, will give it a try!

Just remember to bring your own bags with you or be prepared to buy some of the reusable shopping bags.

Oh interesting, will give it a try!

Got this to work, yay!!!

If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can order from Prime Now (either the Amazon store or from Sprouts) and have everything delivered in about two hours, no need to pay for an Uber or Lyft.

Alternatively you can setup a free trial of Prime Fresh and have everything delivered at a set time. If you are at a Disney property, What will happen is they will deliver to bell services and bell services will bring everything to your room. And yes, Bell Services can refrigerate items if need be while they wait for you to be in your room.

Just remember to bring your own bags with you or be prepared to buy some of the reusable shopping bags.

Ugh! Is this everywhere? I have nine days worth of groceries with plans for Walmart on Gilbert in Garden Grove.

Yes, it's California law, and a great one at that! :)
Actually it is a terrible one, there is now a lot more dog waste being left on lawns instead of being cleaned up, there is more litter that was previously being bagged in disposable bags and grocery stores make a profit of about $0.09 for each bag you buy. Doesn't sound like much, but it adds up. Additionally people now have to buy trash bags for their small trash cans instead of using old grocery bags. Additionally the new "reusable bags" end up being dumped on the side of the road just as much and the problem is if they get sucked up into your engine compartment they actually can do more damage than the disposable bags could.

No, the way the law should have been done was to say that stores would have to give a discount of $0.10 for each reusable bag that someone brought with them. This would encourage good behavior, not force it. It may seem like a small difference, but the ramifications are huge for all of the reasons I mentioned and more.

Sorry, just needed to point out the issues with the law as it stands now, the only ones profiting from it are the stores. We see more litter, not less and have to deal with more dog waste being left behind. Additionally more plastic had to be produced to provide trash bags for small trash cans.

Well... we can disagree on that. :upsidedow
And I’ll budget for bags.

When you buy something in DL or DCA do you get a bag?
Yes, currently the law only applies to stores that sell grocery items, this includes Walmart, dollar tree, 99 cent only stores, convenience stores (including liquor stores). If you order from Amazon, you get free bags though.

Also if you are carrying around stuff you didn't buy in a store, such as popcorn buckets, etc. You can ask for a bag at any of the stores and they will give you a clear plastic bag that says Disney Parks on it. That may be a way you can get around buying bags as these are decent quality and you could ask for a few and take them to the grocery store with you.

Last edited:
Yes, currently the law only applies to stores that sell grocery items, this includes Walmart, dollar tree, 99 cent only stores, convenience stores (including liquor stores). If you order from Amazon, you get free bags though.

Also if you are carrying around stuff you didn't buy in a store, such as popcorn buckets, etc. You can ask for a bag at any of the stores and they will give you a clear plastic bag that says Disney Parks on it. That may be a way you can get around buying bags as these are decent quality and you could ask for a few and take them to the grocery store with you.

We’re going to stock up the night we get into town. We’re used to ALDI, but I’m not driving bags from NY. :) I have a huge list for 9 people for 9 days. That’s a lot of bags. Hopefully ALDI will have boxes, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!