Closing Time!!

Wow, that is so unfair to you and such a waste of your time! I'm really sorry!

Thank you!

I think a lot of times sellers get so caught up in the fact that they want more money that they fail to see the impact it has on the buyers. You were looking forward to these points, have paid a deposit, and she clearly wants more for them now.

The reverse is true for sellers when buyers back out. As you said before, at least the sellers get some compensation if buyers back out because buyers have to pay a deposit. It’s not right at all.

Like you I gave up on several potentially great deals during the waiting period. Had a chance to purchase a 400 pt PVB contract at $120pp. And a GFV that wasn't Dec UY but also suited our travel patterns. But went for a 200pt PVB at $144.5 instead, expecting this one to go through.

Sigh, this board has been incredibly helpful. Thank you everyone!

Update:

Home: OKW
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/21
Offer accepted: 4/22
Sent to ROFR: 4/24
Passed ROFR: 5/7
Closing docs received: 5/16
Closing docs returned: 5/30 (I was in Disney World when I received the paperwork so it took a while to do my end)
Seller returned closing docs: 5/21
Closing: 6/5
Deed recorded: 6/5/18 @ 1:35 PM :dance3:
Called and was given my DVC membership number, my club ID number and my activation code: 6/18/18 :woohoo:
Points in my account: 6/18/18

This was a super smooth and quite speedy resale contract :cloud9: I have already booked my first DVC trip :love:

Update, I spoke with the the broker and the closing agent today and it's not looking good. Seller is claiming she had no idea that the sale proceeds would not fully discharge her loan and refusing to put up any money to allow the contract to be released. Her education and profession makes the claim of ignorance ludicrous and impossible.

The broker did confirm that Seller is obliged to pay commission and fees regardless of the outcome of the sale. They've emphatically reminded Seller of this and asked her to return documents with the required funds immediately. Hopefully it works. They didn't tell me how much the Seller owed, but both were of the opinion that Seller could pay if she chose to. But, is somehow trying to wriggle out of the deal... Grrrrr, so mad! :mad:

That is so terrible :furious: I am so sorry :hug: I hope it all works out for you pixiedust:

Home: HHI
Title Company: Wilson Law Firm (Kathy Moore was very helpful)
Offer made: 4/12
Offer accepted: 4/12
Sent to ROFR: 4/13
Passed ROFR: 5/1
Closing docs returned: 5/23, Seller's paperwork has to be revised & Wilson Law Firm received corrected Fri 6/8)
Closing:6/11
Deed recorded:6/11 Per Kathy - paperwork was mailed to buyer, seller & DVC on 6/12. She confirmed delivery via UPS to DVC MA on 6/13 @ 1:46pm.
Points in my account:6/18 (I'm an existing member - Contract wasn't there in the morning, checked around noontime at showed up in my dashboard in a drop down menu (no points). Rechecked around 4:00pm same day & all points had been loaded.

Made my first HHI reservation this morning, :love::flower1::love:

Update: WE MADE IT!!!! IT'S OVER!!!! pixiedust::flower1::banana::figment:

Home: AKV
Offer Made: 4/25/18
Offer Accepted: 4/26/18
Sent to ROFR: 4/27/18
Passed ROFR: 5/17/18
Closing docs received: 6/8/18
Closing docs returned: 6/8/18
Seller returned closing docs: 6/11/18
Deed recorded: 6/14/18
Points in account: 6/19/18

I'm thrilled with how quickly the points loaded into our account! Today we were able to snag Saratoga Springs for the nights we needed to add on to our existing November reservation - all except the first night. A split stay with Saratoga and Poly is not too bad, all things considered (Poly was booked on our other contract). I was getting really nervous because all availability was quickly evaporating but worst case scenario we have to do a cash reservation for one night. We can live with that.

After losing one to ROFR and another due to the seller making a mistake with points, I can't believe we're actually done! I'll sleep well tonight.

Not sure when we are supposed to post this but here goes:

Home: SSR
Offer made: 5/25
Offer accepted: 5/25
Sent to ROFR: 5/30
Passed ROFR: 6/19
Closing docs received:6/22
Closing docs returned: 6/22
Seller returned closing docs: 7/9
Closing: 7/9
Deed recorded:7/11
Points in my account: 07/24

Last edited:

Not sure when we are supposed to post this but here goes:

Offer made: 5/25
Offer accepted: 5/25
Sent to ROFR: 5/30
Passed ROFR: 6/19
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

We are international buyers (UK). Anyone guesstimate when we are likely to get the points in account? It seems to be roughly 30-40 days after ROFR passed on average?

Is this your first contract or are you current members? To me I think 2-3 weeks after closing/recording of deed is easier to gauge. Some contracts seem to take a long time to close.

Praise the Mouse we are finally, officially DVC members!!!!

Home: BWV
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 4/11
Offer accepted: 4/12
Sent to ROFR: 4/17
Passed ROFR: 5/17 (although I had to call to find this out. Fidelity said it "probably" passed the week before and they didn't tell me)
Closing docs received: 5/21 (but names were spelled wrong so we got corrected ones on 5/24)
Closing docs returned: 5/30 for us 6/5 for sellers
Closing: 6/8
Deed recorded: 6/11
Points in my account: 6/20 (lady at MA said it happened "over the weekend" so they may have even been there on Monday. but I didn't want to call too soon!)

Home: VGC
Title Company: First American Title
Offer Made: 5/25/18
Offer Accepted: 5/25/18
Sent to ROFR: 6/04/18
Passed ROFR: 6/20/18
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Home: BLT
Offer made: 4/26
Offer accepted: 4/26
Sent to ROFR: 4/30
Passed ROFR: 5/24
Closing docs received: 6/7
Closing docs returned: 6/22
Seller returned closing docs: 6/15
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

I don’t send the money and docs until the seller does. The title company says they didn’t get the sellers’ docs until today, but the broker told me they should’ve gotten them on 6/15. Who knows?!? Regardless, I sent off our docs and money today, and they’ll be there in the morning.

Update:

Home: OKW
Offer made: 4/21
Offer accepted: 4/22
Sent to ROFR: 4/24
Passed ROFR: 5/7
Closing docs returned: 5/30 (I was in Disney World when I received the paperwork so it took a while to do my end)
Seller returned closing docs: 5/21
Closing: 6/5
Deed recorded: 6/5/18 @ 1:35 PM :dance3:
Called and was given my DVC membership number, my club ID number and my activation code: 6/18/18 :woohoo:
Points in my account: 6/18/18

This was a super smooth and quite speedy resale contract :cloud9: I have already booked my first DVC trip :love:

Dumb question...How did you know to call on that date? Did you get an email from disney saying you have a new account?

Dumb question...How did you know to call on that date? Did you get an email from disney saying you have a new account?

I actually had called several times the week before, edgeney :rolleyes1 When I called on Friday, the cast member said that my information should be available on the 18th :woohoo:I still haven't received my "Welcome home" letter from Disney :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm very close to being completed, but have a question about the recorded deed. When I search my name on the comptroller site, I see the ROFR and the transfer from the previous owners to me, for a total of two documents. Is this all there will be, or is there a third record that ties me to Disney directly?

Title Jeffrey Sweet law firm
Offer made: 5/1
Offer accepted: 5/2
Sent to ROFR: 5/4
Passed ROFR: 5/23
Closing docs received: 6/6
Closing docs returned: 6/11
Closing: 6/15
Deed recorded: 6/15
Points in my account:

I'm very close to being completed, but have a question about the recorded deed. When I search my name on the comptroller site, I see the ROFR and the transfer from the previous owners to me, for a total of two documents. Is this all there will be, or is there a third record that ties me to Disney directly?

Title Jeffrey Sweet law firm
Offer made: 5/1
Offer accepted: 5/2
Sent to ROFR: 5/4
Passed ROFR: 5/23
Closing docs received: 6/6
Closing docs returned: 6/11
Closing: 6/15
Deed recorded: 6/15
Points in my account:

That's it. Your deed ties you to Disney because you own at ....

Also - the ROFR notice is prepared by Disney.

It feels like closing is taking forever based on others from closing docs returned to closing / deed recording. Maybe title company makes a bigger difference than I originally thought.

It feels like closing is taking forever based on others from closing docs returned to closing / deed recording. Maybe title company makes a bigger difference than I originally thought.

Mine have always taken 3-5 business days to close after they received all the docs from both seller and buyer. Did you check to make sure they have the sellers' docs? If they do, and you sent everything a while back, ask them what the hold up is. If it has been a week or more since they received everything, it should've closed by now. Let us know!

Mine have always taken 3-5 business days to close after they received all the docs from both seller and buyer. Did you check to make sure they have the sellers' docs? If they do, and you sent everything a while back, ask them what the hold up is. If it has been a week or more since they received everything, it should've closed by now. Let us know!

They received my docs back on 6/11 and the sellers back on 6/18. So technically not a week, it just feels like by now I should have a closing update or something.

Add-on-itis is real :rolleyes1

Home: BWV
Title Company: Mason Title and Escrow Company
Offer made: 5/17 (while I was down at Disney World staying at the Boardwalk :cloud9:)
Offer accepted: 5/17
Sent to ROFR: 5/18
Passed ROFR: 6/5
Closing docs received: 6/13
Closing docs returned: 6/13
Seller returned closing docs: 6/15
Closing: 6/18
Deed recorded: 6/19/18 @ 8:37 AM :dance3:
Points in my account:

Talk about fast :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!