Clothes for winter in South Africa

heart

Mouseketeer
Layering, I've read that repeatedly.

Want to know about colors, tho. Does ABD provide any instructions? Is it important to stick with "nature" colors?

I would suggest looking up the websites for the game reserves you visit on the tour to see if they have guidance. We went in August on a non-ABD tour and visited two different game parks in different cities. It was much cooler at one than the other. This is how we looked for many of the cool morning/evening game drives (the resort provided the blanket/ponchos). This photo must have been in the afternoon at "sundowners". Hats with straps are a must. We all bought them there because we hadn't thought to bring them.

599370_4698312500896_203403513_n.jpg

Layering, I've read that repeatedly.

Want to know about colors, tho. Does ABD provide any instructions? Is it important to stick with "nature" colors?

In general, yes, wear earth tones. But I wouldn’t be paranoid about it. Just avoid super bright neon jackets and you’ll be ok.

Somehow I did not read about the earth tones til about a week before we left, and I wasnt about to start shopping.....and I don't recall the staff at Kapama or the ABD guides saying anything about what to wear. My and DH wardrobe were probably denim/black/grey/navy. DD was 6 so there was probably pink/purple/turquoise - I think maybe even her jacket!
Hats, scarves, warm socks and gloves are good on the game drives - the blanket kept my body warm, but my nose and ears not got chilly.
Our group got some laughs out of another guest at Kapama who wore high heels and a leopard print jacket on a game drive.
Have an amazing time!

I don't remember seeing anything about earth tones and I don't believe anybody mentioned it while there. Most of us were kind of wearing that kind of stuff automatically. One of our fellow guests wore a bright pink jacket. I did bring a hat but a lot of us bought them, Kapama must sell a lot of hats. It wasn't cold enough in October for gloves and scarves, but it rained once, and they don't stop the game drive for rain. Ponchos were provided, and blankets if it was a little cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!