Club 33

old lady

DIS Veteran
Would you like to go there if you were willing to pay the price or could pay the price to be a member? What are the privileges or the disadvantages if you are a member of the club?

I would love to be a member. The new initiation fee and steadily rising annual membership fee FAR outstrips my ability to pay without giving up a LOT. There are so many amazing offerings the club offers just beyond the club itself. I'm so jealous of all the awesome Disney experiences the members get a swing at.

I would love to be a member. The new initiation fee and steadily rising annual membership fee FAR outstrips my ability to pay without giving up a LOT. There are so many amazing offerings the club offers just beyond the club itself. I'm so jealous of all the awesome Disney experiences the members get a swing at.

I wonder if it is possible to go halves with someone on membership, or if that's considered a no-no. Like if two good friends wanted membership benefits, could they split the cost? I guess you would really have to know the people well and know they would hold up their end of the bargain, but that makes me curious! I bet there's some sort of clause in there that it's only for a family unit.

I wonder if it is possible to go halves with someone on membership, or if that's considered a no-no. Like if two good friends wanted membership benefits, could they split the cost? I guess you would really have to know the people well and know they would hold up their end of the bargain, but that makes me curious! I bet there's some sort of clause in there that it's only for a family unit.
They used to have something like that, but I believe it is no longer allowed.

As for me, I would absolutely do it if it was in my budget. Or if I had a budget that, with tweaks, could accommodate a club membership. However, it's unlikely that will ever be my reality, especially since my dh isn't a fan of DLR. I would certainly go in with someone else if that were allowed but I'm fairly certain it isn't (as per club rules). My friend who is a member gets all kind of invitations to fantastic special events. He even gets to host his own. My reality is that I'm better off than most but not in the echelons of the current club members.

ETA: It didn't stop me from sending in my request when the opened up memberships several years ago. I doubt I'm even on the wait list, but if I am, then I hope my name doesn't come up for about 10 more years. Then we'll see, ha ha.

I'd like to go once. But even if I had $100M, I can't conceive of paying the initiation and annual dues. Doesn't the first year cost something like $70,000 (initiation plus dues)?

I'd like to go once. But even if I had $100M, I can't conceive of paying the initiation and annual dues. Doesn't the first year cost something like $70,000 (initiation plus dues)?
I agree. If I had the financial ability (I am no where near that threshold! I couldn’t just juggle and make choices. ) I think I’m still too practical to spend on something like that. Even if I lived near the parks.

I would totally join if I had the funds to do so. We're "converting" more and more family/friends to becoming as addicted to Disneyland as us, so it would be wonderful to have an area where we could host guests, etc. Hopefully someday it will be a reality!

If I won a big (millions) lottery, I'd definitely try to get in. But, inasmuch as that's about the only way I'd ever be able to afford it and the odds of it coming to pass are infinitesimal, I don't think it's a decision I'm ever going to have to make.

Last I heard and this was 1-2 years ago, first year was $75k initiation and $15k in dues... DUE IMMEDIATELY. That's crazy.

I'd love to have a dinner there.
Even IF I had the money, not sure I would spent that much in one place. Same with DVC. Many of our friends/co-workers consider us Disney nuts because we typically have one Disney trip per year. Clearly we are light weights compared to some on these boards.

I'd totally join if I had the disposable cash to spend, meaning money I could spend without giving it a second thought. But not if it was something I had to consider whether to spend or not or if it was something I had to budget for.

I would never do it, even if I could easily afford it, because I don't think the cost is justified for what you get. At all.

Maye we can pool our funds and go in on a business (need a catchy name) membership, those have to be cheaper......right? Big bucks for sure, but if I had that kind of disposable income then I would put my name in the hat for sure. Never been, not even a fading 3rd cousin removed of anyone traveling in those circles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!