Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

So maybe this is why we couldn't book TT on our last trip after we "used" all our initial FPs. Figment went down (that was our last FP of the day). We saw it turn into the Anytime FP and used that, but after, we still couldn't book TT.
Yep, this is exactly why. If one of your first 3 FP turns in to an anytime FP you must rebook a FP in order for the system to see that you have used 3 for the day. An anytime won't count as one of your first 3, even if you use it on the same attraction you had scheduled it for.

Here now. Last night we use the viewing for haHappi Ever After. 45 minutes before we were the only ones in the area. We were able to get to handicap spot right by the rail with an unobstructed View. We used to have to line up about two and a half hours before the show! By the time the show started there were about 30 people in the area. Absolutely worth the $50 just for that!

We asked if it was going to be available in December when we come back and they said yes best thing Disney ever done!
Did you happen to notice the numbers of guests outside the reserved CL area? We've always watched from that area and never had to get there more than 5 min before the show starts. Granted, we aren't trying to get a handicapped spot but have never had a hard time finding a spot to watch from the same exact area that the CL area is in. I understand the CL area is only a small portion but I haven't been over there to see how crowded the remaining area gets now. We've gotten to where we like watching from in front of BOG instead of the Hub area. We miss the projections but the fireworks are way better.

This is a big deal to me and has me reconsidering whether we'll do this or not.

IMO, for the price being paid...
  1. They should have a separate pool that allows for changes to be made to something that you might really want same-day
  2. They need to make it possible to modify these FPs online and in the app. Having to call to do so in this day and age is ridiculous.
I see your point but I don't totally agree. There is a logistics problem with having a separate pool of FP's for this program. As far as it being online or in the app, that would require them to write a new module or add on for something that is in a trial period. If this becomes permanent then maybe you will see it put in the app like the current FP system but it would have to be worth it to WDW to pay IT to modify the software. We will have to wait and see if WDW decides to keep this program as is, modify it or eliminate it all together. Personally, I think the benefits are worth the $50 per day.

I see your point but I don't totally agree. There is a logistics problem with having a separate pool of FP's for this program. As far as it being online or in the app, that would require them to write a new module or add on for something that is in a trial period. If this becomes permanent then maybe you will see it put in the app like the current FP system but it would have to be worth it to WDW to pay IT to modify the software. We will have to wait and see if WDW decides to keep this program as is, modify it or eliminate it all together. Personally, I think the benefits are worth the $50 per day.
Matter of opinion — as with any offering.

I’m sure there are logistical reasons — if they make it permanent, they should overcome them for people paying this amount.

ETA: Regarding the logistical issues — per friends in IT, many of the things Disney appears to struggle with or not even attempt are easy fixes — they choose not to try, presumably because they know they don’t NEED to — people will pony up $$$ regardless. Doesn’t make it a good customer service move for a company that used to lead in that department and still claims to. They should strive to do better, but that doesn’t appear to be the culture of at least their IT operations.

Last edited:

Did you happen to notice the numbers of guests outside the reserved CL area? We've always watched from that area and never had to get there more than 5 min before the show starts. Granted, we aren't trying to get a handicapped spot but have never had a hard time finding a spot to watch from the same exact area that the CL area is in. I understand the CL area is only a small portion but I haven't been over there to see how crowded the remaining area gets now. We've gotten to where we like watching from in front of BOG instead of the Hub area. We miss the projections but the fireworks are way better.

I just looked at my pictures from our night in April when we were in the CL area...the areas adjacent/behind were "full-ish" but not crowded, if that makes sense. People were sitting before the show and you could still walk around them, but then once the show started, people stood up, so there would still have been a fair amount of room. We checked in about 45-hour before and there was quite a bit of room in those areas, then we left for a bit and it was more crowded of course when we came back about 10-15 minutes before. The people right up against the rope separating the two areas (behind the CL area) probably had a great view, since there were so few people inside the CL area.

I knew this was in a trial period through 2018 but just booked a club level room at the Poly for January 2019 and was not offered the option to purchase extra fast passes. Hoping it gets extended soon!

I knew this was in a trial period through 2018 but just booked a club level room at the Poly for January 2019 and was not offered the option to purchase extra fast passes. Hoping it gets extended soon!

Clarification question, did you specifically ask DSS? As far as I know, Disney has not really been offering and/or advertising this program when booking. Some people get a postcard later on down the road from DSS with vague information about the program, many people get nothing. So if you just dealt with a reservation agent, it doesn't surprise me it wasn't mentioned.

We don’t know how long this will be offered, but they can’t be booked (setup, arranged, paid for, etc) until 90 days before your check-out date. Even for dates in 2018.

Clarification question, did you specifically ask DSS? As far as I know, Disney has not really been offering and/or advertising this program when booking. Some people get a postcard later on down the road from DSS with vague information about the program, many people get nothing. So if you just dealt with a reservation agent, it doesn't surprise me it wasn't mentioned.

I wasn't really sure what to expect or how other people went about getting their offer to purchase so I booked the package online and there was never any mention of it. I then called the customer service line last night to see if I should have received the offer. Unfortunately the person knew about the program but was really unfamiliar with it and just assumed I needed to wait and see if it was extended to 2019. Is DSS different than the customer service line? Maybe I should try that?

We don’t know how long this will be offered, but they can’t be booked (setup, arranged, paid for, etc) until 90 days before your check-out date. Even for dates in 2018.

Yes I knew that there was a 90 day booking window but I thought I had read that others purchased the option to have them at the the time of booking? I couldn't find a lot of information on how people who booked club level rooms were actually offered the extra fast passes (was it online, needed to call, etc.)

Yes I knew that there was a 90 day booking window but I thought I had read that others purchased the option to have them at the the time of booking? I couldn't find a lot of information on how people who booked club level rooms were actually offered the extra fast passes (was it online, needed to call, etc.)

You have to wait until 90 days before checkout to purchase it. You call Disney signature services to do so.

I wasn't really sure what to expect or how other people went about getting their offer to purchase so I booked the package online and there was never any mention of it. I then called the customer service line last night to see if I should have received the offer. Unfortunately the person knew about the program but was really unfamiliar with it and just assumed I needed to wait and see if it was extended to 2019. Is DSS different than the customer service line? Maybe I should try that?

Yes, Disney Signature Services (DSS) is separate from customer service, reservation agents, guest relations, etc. More info can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/signature-services/

DSS is basically a "concierge" type group that offers planning assistance in advance of your trip. Booking a CL resort room or suite gives one access to DSS. DSS is the group that handles the Extra FP program.

You can try calling them and asking about your trip, but I suspect they are going to say "the program has been very popular and we hope that it continues, but check back closer your dates...."

You can't book this program until 90 days from your check-out anyway, so you're really not missing anything at the moment. You have plenty of time to plan how to use 6 FPs each day. :-)

Hope that helps!

You have to wait until 90 days before checkout to purchase it. You call Disney signature services to do so.

Oh okay, I thought the 90 day mark was when you made your actual ride selections for the extra fast passes. Thank you for the info!!

Yes, Disney Signature Services (DSS) is separate from customer service, reservation agents, guest relations, etc. More info can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/signature-services/

DSS is basically a "concierge" type group that offers planning assistance in advance of your trip. Booking a CL resort room or suite gives one access to DSS. DSS is the group that handles the Extra FP program.

You can try calling them and asking about your trip, but I suspect they are going to say "the program has been very popular and we hope that it continues, but check back closer your dates...."

You can't book this program until 90 days from your check-out anyway, so you're really not missing anything at the moment. You have plenty of time to plan how to use 6 FPs each day. :-)

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the information!! We have been several times but it's our first trip with our little one so I am just so excited to be planning! Really appreciate the help!

Thank you so much for the information!! We have been several times but it's our first trip with our little one so I am just so excited to be planning! Really appreciate the help!

Happy planning. Love Poly CL with a little one by the way. Can't beat it. :-)

Keep tabs on this thread because I'm sure we'll be discussing when/if they end the FP program at some point.

I just looked at my pictures from our night in April when we were in the CL area...the areas adjacent/behind were "full-ish" but not crowded, if that makes sense. People were sitting before the show and you could still walk around them, but then once the show started, people stood up, so there would still have been a fair amount of room. We checked in about 45-hour before and there was quite a bit of room in those areas, then we left for a bit and it was more crowded of course when we came back about 10-15 minutes before. The people right up against the rope separating the two areas (behind the CL area) probably had a great view, since there were so few people inside the CL area.
Thanks. Sounds about the same as it's always been then.

I'm still really undecided on the value of this program overall. If the HEA viewing area is still open without spending any money that removes any value for it. We don't watch F! (don't care for it) and until they change Illuminations, we have seen it to the point it's a snooze fest. RoL is easy to watch. So that sort of makes the show part no value for us. It does leave the FP question. The one place I can think I'd find value is making FP in 2 parks. The not being able to move them around myself part is really troubling though. I move plans around so much. I understand why they have to make them but once they make them I don't understand why you can't move them.

Matter of opinion — as with any offering.

I’m sure there are logistical reasons — if they make it permanent, they should overcome them for people paying this amount.

ETA: Regarding the logistical issues — per friends in IT, many of the things Disney appears to struggle with or not even attempt are easy fixes — they choose not to try, presumably because they know they don’t NEED to — people will pony up $$$ regardless. Doesn’t make it a good customer service move for a company that used to lead in that department and still claims to. They should strive to do better, but that doesn’t appear to be the culture of at least their IT operations.
They may be easy fixes but it still costs money to do it. I don't know if their system is totally in house or if the original program was written by an outside company. Either way there is a cost that Disney is not willing to pay. From what I have seen recently that has been a theme with Disney parks, get the most money out of guests with the least amount of expense or effort. I don't see that changing any time soon. IMHO it seems Disney says one thing about customer service but their actions show another. I do totally agree that they should strive to do better but I won't hold my breathe waiting.

We are staying CL in December at the contemporary. I called DSS today to find out my booking date (it is 90 days before checkout). They said that for december they would not be offering the reserved viewing locations for the evening shows which I found a little disappointing (I wanted reserved viewing for the HEA fireworks). He said it had to do with the limited nights because of the Christmas party. I hope it changes but prob unlikely? He said since it is a pilot program changes can happen at any time. I think I will still do it just to get all the Tier 1's done more quickly.

We are staying CL in December at the contemporary. I called DSS today to find out my booking date (it is 90 days before checkout). They said that for december they would not be offering the reserved viewing locations for the evening shows which I found a little disappointing (I wanted reserved viewing for the HEA fireworks). He said it had to do with the limited nights because of the Christmas party. I hope it changes but prob unlikely? He said since it is a pilot program changes can happen at any time. I think I will still do it just to get all the Tier 1's done more quickly.
Oh no! I wonder if the same will hold true for November since there are parties as well.

Oh no! I wonder if the same will hold true for November since there are parties as well.
Until they’re actually doing the bookings it’s hard to know. Maybe because of the parties + holidays they are cutting it for Dec only, for now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter