Club level solutions with picky kiddo?

pangyal

#TeamSven
We are about to book our first Universal trip for February (yay) and are being swayed away from our initial pick, Portofino, in lieu of Royal Pacific Club Level for a few dollars more nightly. We have an Amex Platinum so the PBH would come with free breakfast daily at the restaurant, but for about $20 less per night, we can do Club at RPR and get both breakfast and dinner plus wine and beer, from my understanding.

My question is- we have a super picky kid who, despite our best efforts, lives on food like chicken nuggets and pizza when on vacation (when we are at WDW, we have DVC and can cook healthier for him). Is there anywhere at RPR where we can grab one of these items for him to eat and bring it upstairs to the lounge while me and hubby eat from their nightly offerings? We are used to doing exactly this at AKL/Mara, so I'm crossing my fingers that this will be an option for us at RPR too as it would save us a lot in food! Thanks for any help :).

I have not done this, but I was told it works on good authority from @schumigirl;) Jake's American Bar does to go food. They are located down stairs. They have a kids menu, and it has chicken nuggets and pizza. I was curious, because we also have a picky eater:sad2: Here's the link to their kids menu.

Jake`s certainly does do food to take away and has a good kids menu apparently.......however, I`ve never seen anyone bring their own food into the Club Lounge to eat alongside the regular offerings.

Not sure if they would object, just never seen anyone do it.

We just stayed at the PBH club level and I saw couples bringing pizza into the lounge in the evening to enjoy with their wine. I don't think the concierge staff has any objections at all. At PBH, they were extremely accommodating. One of the girls went downstairs to get soy sauce for my son for his rice.

You are all lifesavers!!! Thank you so very much for the help :flower:

Now to waiting to see which one ends up being cheaper before February...though we did book/pay deposit for RPR based on the current rate. So relieved that this option exists, as I couldn't find any "quick service" options listed!

Just a warning, while Jake's food is delicious, it is not 'quick service'. I would plan to order son's food a good half hour before you actually want it. We did not do take away but eating in the restaurant is at a leisurely pace.

We just stayed at the PBH club level and I saw couples bringing pizza into the lounge in the evening to enjoy with their wine. I don't think the concierge staff has any objections at all. At PBH, they were extremely accommodating. One of the girls went downstairs to get soy sauce for my son for his rice.

When we stayed there, many families brought in outside food and the staff encouraged us to do it as well.

OP - we thought the lounge offerings were very good at PBH and if its similar at RPR, its definitely worth more than the Amex Plat breakfast offering. We also have an Amex Plat card as well as top status with Starwood and Marriott so we have experienced many CL lounges.

We stay club at HRH and DS gets mac & cheese from room service and has it in the lounge. We, too, have seen people bringing pizza boxes in from the quick service location at HRH. No problem at all!

Just a warning, while Jake's food is delicious, it is not 'quick service'. I would plan to order son's food a good half hour before you actually want it. We did not do take away but eating in the restaurant is at a leisurely pace.

Yep, it's not a quick service restaurant, but at the time of day OP is planning to order food it's usually relatively quiet, so shouldn't take too long.

We ordered a pizza to take out and it was around 15 minutes.

Sals pizza should work for you. They will give you a buzzer that will alert you when your food is ready.

Uncle Sal's Entrees
Children 9 & under. Beverages sold separately.
Cheese Or Pepperoni Pizza - $6.95
Spaghetti and Meatballs - $6.95
Beef & Pork Meatballs

Ham and Cheese Sandwich & Fries - $6.95
Turkey Sandwich & Fries - $6.95
Chicken Fingers & Fries - $6.95
Grilled Cheese & Fries - $6.95

Last edited:
When we stayed there, many families brought in outside food and the staff encouraged us to do it as well.

OP - we thought the lounge offerings were very good at PBH and if its similar at RPR, its definitely worth more than the Amex Plat breakfast offering. We also have an Amex Plat card as well as top status with Starwood and Marriott so we have experienced many CL lounges.
Can I ask what you received for booking PBH using the Amex Plat? Was it a worthwhile upgrade, if any, and where did they offer the breakfast? I tried searching online for this info, but it doesn't seem that many book these hotels using the FHR program.

Sals pizza should work for you. They will give you a buzzer that will alert you when your food is ready.

Uncle Sal's Entrees
Children 9 & under. Beverages sold separately.
Cheese Or Pepperoni Pizza - $6.95
Spaghetti and Meatballs - $6.95
Beef & Pork Meatballs

Ham and Cheese Sandwich & Fries - $6.95
Turkey Sandwich & Fries - $6.95
Chicken Fingers & Fries - $6.95
Grilled Cheese & Fries - $6.95

Is this at PBH or RPR :)?

We are also considering PBH Club, so I'm open to options!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter