Club runDisney

broadsheet

Mouseketeer
Forgive me if this is a duplicate post ...

(edited to remove the initial enthusiasm after reading the fine print ... the bibs ain’t included!)

From the pre-race prep to the enchantment of running through a Disney theme park to the exhilaration of crossing the finish line, there’s magic in every step of a runDisney event. Now, there’s something to make the experience even more magical—Club runDisney, a new, unique membership opportunity for runners like you. Available in 3 yearlong membership levels—each with limited availability—Club runDisney offers a range of perks and special benefits.

https://www.rundisney.com/club-rundisney/

Last edited:

When I first heard about it, I thought maybe this would be a subscription type thing that would pay to get certain number of race bibs. But this is weird. I don't see how it could possibly be worth these price tags. And buying to move up into a higher corral is just weird and actually seems to jeopardize safety in the name of profit.

Allowing the chance to buy into a higher corral ... 🤐

I hope "Upgraded corral placement " means you get to start in the front of the corral your time places you in as opposed to moving up to one you don't belong in. I could even see them making club only sub corrals (you get into Corral C and you are actually in a small club only corral between B and the non-club members of C) but I am not sure the logistics of that are worth the effort.

That being said...money grab at it's finest.

First off, yowza at the prices. Getting close to AP pricing. Second, the reference to "Tier 1 pricing" seems to imply that race pricing is going to change-maybe to a model of "the earlier, the cheaper". But given Disney, I expect they could invent a whole new way of grabbing money.

I hope "Upgraded corral placement " means you get to start in the front of the corral your time places you in as opposed to moving up to one you don't belong in. I could even see them making club only sub corrals (you get into Corral C and you are actually in a small club only corral between B and the non-club members of C) but I am not sure the logistics of that are worth the effort.

That being said...money grab at it's finest.
Based on fine print I gathered if you are in the back corral(s) you can move up one but you won't be able to move up from like H to A or something.

The nice part is that they will print that you are a Club Member on your bib, so if you see someone with that in your corral you will know that they bought there way there for $900 instead of actually earning it with time and hard work.

I really can’t imagine this being popular. I imagine a lot of people who register for multiple races have APs and already get early registration. Without APs, you’d need to shell out an additional 500+ on a race weekend. I’ve been very wrong before, but just doesn’t seem palatable to many people?

Given what people pay for on-site hotels, I can see many people taking advantage of this. An extra $800 is small potatoes when you add up all the thousands in registration fees, hotels, park tickets, and travel costs when attending multiple race weekends throughout the year. I hate that Run Disney has done this, but I think it'll sell.

Given what people pay for on-site hotels, I can see many people taking advantage of this. An extra $800 is small potatoes when you add up all the thousands in registration fees, hotels, park tickets, and travel costs when attending multiple race weekends throughout the year. I hate that Run Disney has done this, but I think it'll sell.
I'm just confused because you don't seem to be getting much for the cost, and anyone who does these races SHOULD know that (key word is SHOULD but anyway). Maybe they're hoping to get newbies who don't know better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter