Club Villain rumor

Thanks to the Disunplugged for giving high marks for Club Villain in the Podcast. We attended the event on Friday January 27, 2017, and had a great time. We also heard a rumor from a castmember that "Club Villain" may appear in the future at a non park location which would not require park admission. We thought everyone may like to know and look for a future announcement.

Given it is put on by the Disney Event Group, and they do MANY of their events in the resorts and in the convention space ... I could totally see this finding a home at one of the resorts. It would help keep space there full and would be no different than folks booking an expensive dinner show.

Any chance August is one of those select times?????

This was last year "fall" dates - no August.
Each Friday and Saturday from September 2 - October 29 2016 (and October 31)

After seeing photos and reviews, I would totally bring my DD to it if they bring it back over spring break! We already have one special thing (brunch at Cali Grill) for her birthday (18), but she may enjoy CV too! And we don't do tons of special things at Disney, so I would do this for sure! Hope they bring it back, no matter at DHS or elsewhere!

Just to update this thread, it is a bad sign that the link no longer is even active:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/club-villain/

Very disappointing! My wife is a big fan of Maleficent and I had really hoped to surprise her with tickets for CV when we are there later this month.

Wow, everything you try to type goes to nothing .................

Are there folks who are booked for this in Feb and March like last year? If so why wouldn't you keep the page open for cancels?

ANYBODY booked Feb or March or was it just January?

Didn't they take the webpage down when it wasn't running in the past? I can't recall for sure but seems like they did.

Disney Mom's still directing folks to the Villain website. Maybe it's a temporary issue. I'm sure it's hard to imagine they're having a glitch with the website ;)
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/know-club-villian-open-may-329109/

I agree that it does sell well. If I'm not mistaken, it only runs a couple days a week right now though. I just feel like it's such a great quality event that it has the potential to run every day of the week and still sell well. I would also agree that a little more advertising on Disney's part would go a long way. I only found out about it here on the Dis. I know it has its place on the DW website but it's easy to miss if you're not looking for it. Even the current location in HS makes easy to miss. No signage whatsoever that I can remember.
There was 1 sign, on a post as you entered the gates to RnR coaster area

I'd really love to see CV move to a non park location- one of the main reasons we've been putting off going is not wanting to give up park time!

I haven't seen CV yet except for on YouTube but I think moving CV to DS would be a fantastic idea. I don't know whey Disney Springs doesn't offer more character meals or character meet and greets. I guess its disney's way of getting you to pay for park admission too. I don't think having these offerings at Disney Springs would diminish park attendance in any way though. It would just give you more options.

I went to Club Villain last year and it was so much fun- we were really glad we did it because of all the bonus photo opportunities (complemented by our Memory Maker). The food and drinks were pretty good too, and it was amazingly small by Disney standards...maybe 75 attendees? 50? It was fantastic.

I don't know if I'd rush back, assuming they keep doing it- it sounded like they had the same villains our year as the prior time (Queen of Hearts, Evil Queen, Cruella, and Maleficent) -and it was a bit expensive. But if they added more or different villains I'd definitely consider it during another fall trip!

I would love to see it be released for nov dec time (I know Christmas time but..we love the Villains and can not find anything that could fill the villain craving.

I went twice, bf went something like 4 times. We had a great experience every time.

I don't know how true it is, but I've been hearing that the set pieces have been disassembled (not just taken down, but fully taken apart it sounds?) and if it does come back it will no longer be in the warehouse thing in Hollywood Studios.

I want that giant poison apple mirror ball!

Thanks to the Disunplugged for giving high marks for Club Villain in the Podcast. We attended the event on Friday January 27, 2017, and had a great time. We also heard a rumor from a castmember that "Club Villain" may appear in the future at a non park location which would not require park admission. We thought everyone may like to know and look for a future announcement.

This would be amazing. I definitely have some friends who don't have Disney tickets who would love to go to this. I really hope it moves to more of a Hoop Dee Doo Revue type venue.

Went in Sept of 2016, and absolutely loved it!!! I was sooo hoping that it would be available for our trip again this fall, but I see nothing for it. Last time we were able to buy the tix in July, so there is still hope for it being around again this fall...I hope. With HS not having a "full" park, we covered all the attractions we wanted before hand...and with it starting after 5pm, it was also a fantastic time filler with dinner, drinks and wonderful entertainment before fantasmic! I'd find a way to go see it no matter where they put it :)

This is pure conjecture on my part, but my guess is that they are going to offer something like the Villains Sinister Soirée that was offered in 2014 in MK during the MNSSHPs this year instead of Club Villain (at least for the season). Why? 1) Club Villain was removed from Disney's website completely and there are rumors of set disassembly; 2) no reserved parade viewing is being offered for the Hallowishes Dessert Party (which is a change from last year); and 3) no ADRs are available any time after 6:00 on MNSSHP nights. Thoughts?

This is pure conjecture on my part, but my guess is that they are going to offer something like the Villains Sinister Soirée that was offered in 2014 in MK during the MNSSHPs this year instead of Club Villain (at least for the season). Why? 1) Club Villain was removed from Disney's website completely and there are rumors of set disassembly; 2) no reserved parade viewing is being offered for the Hallowishes Dessert Party (which is a change from last year); and 3) no ADRs are available any time after 6:00 on MNSSHP nights. Thoughts?

To counterpoint -

1) The building that CV is in is purposely built to have set changes, even more than one per day. It's a flex-venue, meaning they can host multiple things inside. I put no stock in the website, it makes sense to not list something during down seasons to avoid folks trying to book or wait, holding back their money from booking other things.

2) It could be that they are trying to sell both the Terrace and Plaza Dessert Parties, and there is no way the parade viewing area is big enough to handle all those that would book it. They never used to have the parade viewing, it was a new addition. Now that the Plaza garden viewing got added last October, it may change the structure ... and Disney makes more money.

3) No ADRS are available past 6 for most the TS restaurants in the park. There is a new plan in place for MVMCP to possibly close park at 6 so maybe with the Halloween they are going to begin the wean by shifting ADR earlier. And who knows how well TS booked during parties, they may be making adjustments to availability of location and hours. I just think they are holding all that back while they play with numbers.

PS Club Villain is one of the best things we have ever done at Disney and probably one of the best values we ever got. Probably because specialty teams put that event together that are good at their job.

I would be down for that! What's the difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter