CM just informed me modifications beginning for June reservations...

I decided to remove this post because at the end of the day it's unlikely Disney will only open deluxe resorts and keep the others closed. They will probably close some of the resort individual buildings for economic reasons, but, not entire levels simply because people will go elsewhere and decide that they don't want to stay on site. I used to always stay at Port Orleans and then did a last minute trip and decided to give Pop a try, I didn't see the point of spending the extra on a moderate after that, the same could happen regarding staying on site and off site.

Last edited:
Not true. Walt Disney World, as a single entity, provide three levels of accommodation, deluxe, moderate and value, this is different to a company that provides differing levels of accommodation, but, in different locations across the world, for example, Hilton Hotels have many brands to cater for different types of traveller. Whereas, Disney are catering for people with one objective, a theme park experience, but, they provide differing types of hotels to suit the pockets of these guests who have the same objective, going into the parks . By shutting down the value resorts as a whole and not leaving, say, Pop Century open, they are discriminating against people who are not as affluent as those who prefer to stay at a higher level, but who want to visit the theme parks equally as much and, by rights, should be allowed to. Disney has the resort availability, but, if the rumours are true and let's be honest here, this is just speculation and rumour, then a very clever lawyer could argue this is discriminatory, especially if Disney are not stopping off site guests from visiting the theme parks, something they are highly unlikely to do.

At the end of the day, I don't think Disney would do that simply because they would rather have guests spending money staying at their value resort than staying at a Universal resort or I-Drive and not spending money going to their parks or Disney Springs more often because of the travelling involved.

There's no law against "discriminating" against folks based on how much money they do or don't have, so it's really a moot point.

Which resorts open initially may also be based upon other factors, like transportation. With the decreased capacity of the buses for example, I could see them preferring to open resorts that have other transportation options or are walkable to some parks. I don't feel it would be completely based upon value/moderate/deluxe...it just might be due to other factors.

Which resorts open initially may also be based upon other factors, like transportation. With the decreased capacity of the buses for example, I could see them preferring to open resorts that have other transportation options or are walkable to some parks. I don't feel it would be completely based upon value/moderate/deluxe...it just might be due to other factors.

The rumors from sources are that the next round of resorts to open will be the deluxe resorts that share with DVC.

Since those resorts will already be up and running, even limited, it makes sense to just open the hotel side,

With today’s news that those with reservations from June 22nd to July 4th, who want to keep their trip, even though parks are closed, will be moved to DVC or Ft Wilderness at no charge

It May mean they are setting things up to phase open and move people so they can consolidate things.

The rumors from sources are that the next round of resorts to open will be the deluxe resorts that share with DVC.

Since those resorts will already be up and running, even limited, it makes sense to just open the hotel side,

With today’s news that those with reservations from June 22nd to July 4th, who want to keep their trip, even though parks are closed, will be moved to DVC or Ft Wilderness at no charge

It May mean they are setting things up to phase open and move people so they can consolidate things.

That makes complete sense to me. And also thankful that my booking for July 18-25 is BCV (booked through Disney site but is the villas), and then Poly for 25-29. Worried about Stormalong Bay though, that was a huge draw for us especially without guaranteed park entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter