• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cochlear Child

jdpk

DVC Member
We are traveling with friends who have a 2 yo with a Cochlear implant. He received it in March and has been in therapy since. Are there any shows/attractions that we need to avoid?
Conversely, are there any shows or attractions that provide miked sound for this disability? Or some other enhancement so he can hear the talent and not extraneous noise.
I'm a Disney vet but a rookie in this matter. Thanks in advance.

John

There are shows that have assistive listening devices available if those are of any use to him. They are marked on the park maps with a little icon of an ear with a line thru it. It's mostly the theater presentations and shows and not as much the rides. The receivers for the assistive listening devices are available thru Guest Services in each park.
You can also get a Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities at any of the Guest Services stations. You used to be able to download them from the Official Disney site , but now it looks like they just have some information there and not the actual Guidebook files.
I can't help you with what to avoid since I don't know what sorts of things he would need to be worried about. If you can provide more information about that, someone can probably help a little more with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter