Coffee packets in studios?

torontominnie

Mouseketeer
Hi! It's been ages since we've stayed in a studio and I cannot remember what the coffee set up is. I'm pretty sure the Poly studio we were last in had a regular sized machine and they provided enough filters for our stay. Does that sound about right? I just want to know if I need to pack filters or if I'm fine to just bring ground coffee. Thanks so much!
(In case it makes a difference, we will be at BRV)

Filters aren't provided. You do get a couple of coffee packs that have a built in filter.

:earsboy: Bill

You'll need to bring your own filters (basket type, similar to the Mr Coffee brand). Generally,the room will have 1 coffee packet (filter and coffee combined) for regular coffee and 1 for decaf . Those are usually replaced with Trash & Towel service or a full cleaning. If you need or want more than that for your stay, you'll need to bring your own coffee and filters.

Studios sometimes come with the 4 cup makers. If you want a full size, call housekeeping and they will exchange the small maker for a 10-12 cup maker.

Thank you!! So, basket filters and ground coffee. I'm so glad I checked, that would have been a quick way to ruin a morning!

They are a bit inconsistent, for the better. I got two regulars and one decaf at the VGF and one regular and two decafs at BCV.

I’m sitting in the airport after a week in a studio. They didn’t replenish any coffee or coffee supplies on T&T day. I had one coffee mate packet and one sugar packet when I got there (LOTS of artificial sweetener though) and never any more. So I got some at the resort’s CS. They gave me dirty looks, but I didn’t care.

A couple of times now I have just called down and asked if we could have some more coffee and they have brought it up. I know that they are supposed to charge for that, and I would have been more than happy to pay had they charged for it, but they never have. YMMV

You'll need to bring your own filters (basket type, similar to the Mr Coffee brand). Generally,the room will have 1 coffee packet (filter and coffee combined) for regular coffee and 1 for decaf . Those are usually replaced with Trash & Towel service or a full cleaning. If you need or want more than that for your stay, you'll need to bring your own coffee and filters.

Studios sometimes come with the 4 cup makers. If you want a full size, call housekeeping and they will exchange the small maker for a 10-12 cup maker.

Just be aware that even if you get a 10-12 cup coffee maker, the packets they give you only make 4 cups at a time. You will need to bring your own ground coffee and filters to make a full pot.

Most likely the person(s) before you didn't drink coffee or had their own and HK just added the normal 1+1 to the pile.

Just be aware that even if you get a 10-12 cup coffee maker, the packets they give you only make 4 cups at a time. You will need to bring your own ground coffee and filters to make a full pot.

We make an 8 cup pot from that packet and don't drink our coffee tasting like water. I've done 10 cups and it's been ok.

Most studios have the 10-12 cup coffee makers. BCV is the one that consistently has reports of 4 cup size for whatever reason. We've personally not run into that though anywhere.

I guess everyone likes their coffee different. Some like it strong and some not so strong. I prefer it on the not so strong side. If we made 4 cups with that package it would be too strong for my taste buds.

The filtered packets of Joffreys coffee make 4-6 cups per packet.

I guess everyone likes their coffee different. Some like it strong and some not so strong. I prefer it on the not so strong side. If we made 4 cups with that package it would be too strong for my taste buds.

This is true and definitely something to consider.

To me that would be "brown water"... if you can see the spoon in the bottom of the cup, it's not strong enough LOL

We bring the maxwell house coffee pods that make 4 cups and combine them with the in room package to make a 10 cup pot and the taste is a little better. We pick up the box of maxwell house pods locally at Walmart or stop at Publix. They are cheaper at Walmart.

There is usually only 1 or 2 regular packs in the room (1BR or studio) so we always bring our own and easiest to bring is a Maxwell House packs....these: Google Express - Maxwell House Filter Packs 10-5.3 oz Canister
When I stayed at BLT I was told that I could ask for more supplies on the check in day but expect to pay after that.
Since I had a 4 day stay and only 1 regular coffe pod in my room, I asked for 3 more pods and they brought them to my room.
I have asked on check in day at BWV since then and they also brought enough for my full stay. I just have to remember to call guest services on check in day.

When I stayed at BLT I was told that I could ask for more supplies on the check in day but expect to pay after that.
Since I had a 4 day stay and only 1 regular coffe pod in my room, I asked for 3 more pods and they brought them to my room.
I have asked on check in day at BWV since then and they also brought enough for my full stay. I just have to remember to call guest services on check in day.
They told you wrong. You don't automatically get enough for every day or night of your stay. You were lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts