Cold School Lunch Ideas

I agree with others. Get a good thermos and let him prepare hot lunches (at his age he can make his own lol).
:rotfl: Oh he does!!!! He makes his own lunch. This momma is trying to raise her boys so that they will be helping their significant other instead of sitting on the couch with the remote in their hand :rolleyes1

I am just needing a few ideas of " different " lunch ideas. He was my left over kid. He always take them to school!!!! And definitely helped cut down on the amount of groceries we bought for lunches. I am on the hunt in the next week or two for a thermos that might hit into his lunch bag that he still takes. Hey...I am just glad he even considers taking his lunch box to school still - yet alone pack a lunch to take along. Our two older ones didn't take lunch to school past Gr 10.

There are smaller thermos food jars you can get. My kids use this one and it hardly takes up any space in their backpack. They dislike cold lunches so we have used this one for years.

View attachment 526091
Ditto on the Thermos. Can also buy at superstore. I premake lunches in bulk, freeze them and then reheat in the morning. I’m really NOT a morning person, so for me this works.

I have the same thermos pictured on page 1 for both my girls, paid way less than that at Superstore though (think they were closer to $9 each?) My girls both make their own lunches now (grades 5&7) and will put in leftovers in those such as mac n cheese, any pasta really, meatloaf, sometimes soup, etc. We have been using bento boxes for years (got them from Tupperware) because both my kids don't eat sandwiches (my oldest will rarely, my youngest like NEVER) so they put in cut up veggies and fruit, lunch meat, crackers, etc. Then I always have tons of small package snacks on hand for them to throw in like peanut-free granola bars, snack bags of tiny cookies, wagon wheels, school safe choc chip banana bread, etc. And when I bake they will take some of whatever I made. Having them make their own lunches, the night before, man that saves SO much trouble in the morning!

Does he like yougurt and berries? I used to put frozen fruit in with yogurt and by the time lunch came around the fruit was no longer frozen. Kept the yogurt cold.
Sounds weird but my kids used to take a boost along with muffin and fruit. My mom, who has been sick for years has to supplement her diet with them and when they'd go visit she'd give them one as a treat, then they'd want to take it for lunch. lol. I also made smoothies that they'd drink at lunch along with other stuff.

Pasta salad. lol. My kids used to take that. One day I was emptying my daughter's lunch kit and noticed she hadn't eaten her pasta salad, so I started eating it. When she came in the room I asked why she didn't eat her lunch and she gave me a horrified look and said it dropped all over the floor. :crazy2: Lesson learned after that not to pick at kids leftover lunches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter