College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

How far out can you apply for recent grads? I read 6 months, so as long as I submit my application within 6 months of graduating I am still eligible?
My dd graduated from college in May. She applied for DCP in Jan, the first day apps dropped. Luckily, she was accepted. If she had not been accepted, she had one more shot...in August. That was it.

Hey guys,

My college in Canada requires you to do a $3000-4000 certificate course at UC Riverside in California before you get to do the 5.5month internship at Disneyworld. This obviously makes the trip super expensive.

If I decide to do the trip AFTER I graduate through Disney instead of my college, would I be allowed to (as a Canadian) and how would the application process be any different - and I wouldn't need to do the certificate for tourism in California, right?

Hello Folks,
I just applied for DCP Fall 2017 at WDW. I submitted my application last night 1/24/17 at 9pm. I got a confirmation email that my application has been submitted and I know that the next step is the web based interview. How long should I expect to wait to hear about next steps regarding the hiring process? I am very excited already.
Thanks

Hi,
Did any of you do extra curricular type activities to boost your application? Like a first aid course, certain work experience etc.
Thanks

DS is certified lifeguard with current CPR/1st Aid along with Pool operator. He also runs his own entertainment business as a balloon artist. Didn't seem to help at all since he is stuck (probably forever) in Submission.

Last semester I got to do the wbi and got NLIC and read about waiting 6 months to apply again. So lately I've read a bit about people not getting to do the wbi because they did it last semester. What's that about? Is it because they passed it?

Yeah. I hear being "in submission" is not a good thing...... but trying to stay positive !!
My daughter applied last semester. Got through her PI and then NLCI after two months of waiting. She reapplied this semester and went right to "in submission". We thought she was done, but they reached out and she had her PI this morning. I guess it depends if you've applied prior and, maybe, where you were in the process? She said since she did the WBI last time and go through to the PI, she didn't need to do the WBI again. Fingers crossed for good news in the next few weeks.

So im not quite sure of what all the roles are at WDW but if I wanted to work in Guest Services at MK giving tours, what role would I request?

You have to be a Disney Employee for a while to wear "plaid" and give the tours. Those jobs do not go to DCP kids. There is Convention Guide. That may be something you would be interested in. All the roles are explained fairly well on the Disney website! Only two days left to apply!

I know they provide housing in the program but can you live on your own as well? I have a boyfriend and we plan to permanently move to cali already so if accepted into the Disneyland college program, we would want to find an apartment and already have that locked down so we wouldn't have to hunt for it after the program.

I am planning on applying for the DCP as early as I can in my college career and I would love some tips for studying your home college classes while in the program. Is there enough free time to complete my online courses, in addition to the Disney courses i am interested in taking? Is the stress level too much and not worth adding online classes?

Also, I am a male interested primarily in the Disney program. Most of the vlogs I have watched were more female oriented so I was wondering how different, if any, the males experiences were in comparison to the females.

Thanks!

I am planning on applying for the DCP as early as I can in my college career and I would love some tips for studying your home college classes while in the program. Is there enough free time to complete my online courses, in addition to the Disney courses i am interested in taking? Is the stress level too much and not worth adding online classes?

Remember, you'll be working full time. This means 40-60 hour work weeks. In theory, taking classes sounds manageable but keep in mind you'll probably be wanting to spend a lot of time in the parks and exploring what else Orlando has to offer - you don't want to be stuffed up in your apartment doing homework on all your days off! I took two classes online through my university while on my CP and they did not go very well, because I found I didn't have the motivation/discipline to do the work when I could be with my friends/in the parks.

Obviously, it's up to you to judge how disciplined you are, but I would say don't add the online courses. Those on top of Disney courses sounds like way too much to handle. I have heard of people taking on full course loads while doing a CP, though, so it's not impossible!

Also, I am a male interested primarily in the Disney program. Most of the vlogs I have watched were more female oriented so I was wondering how different, if any, the males experiences were in comparison to the females.

Being a female, I can't really speak on this lol. You might know about these already but there are some really great guy DCP vloggers! I watch/have watched Kyle Berry Vlogs and Prince Charming Dev. And I don't watch him, but a lot of people like Kevin Heimbach as well.

I know they provide housing in the program but can you live on your own as well? I have a boyfriend and we plan to permanently move to cali already so if accepted into the Disneyland college program, we would want to find an apartment and already have that locked down so we wouldn't have to hunt for it after the program.

For the WDW program, yes. I can't be 100% sure on the Disneyland one but I would assume so.

Thanks!

Make sure you check with your advisers when/if you do get accepted, about scholarships. On my first program I had to remain a FT student every semester to keep all my university scholarships and wasn't allowed to take a leave. I ended up taking 12 credit hours (4 online classes) and then Disney Heritage. You can email disney (check the site) after you move in with your class schedule and select a day and time per week where they can't schedule you so you can do your homework. Usually 4 hour time frame. You just have to be disciplined and responsible. I got all As in my classes. Obviously I wanted to go out and have fun, but I had a commitment. I worked about 36-50 hours per week (50 being holidays), so two days off. If you focus it really isn't bad, but I'd skip it if you can.

Anyone on here that has gone through the baking program yet? I have a few questions that I need answered.

Hello everyone! Since the last thread was quite helpful, I thought that it's about time to start another Question thread. As a current CM, I am more than happy to answer any questions.

No matter how simple, or how detailed an answer you need, this is the place! I figured it would save on creating new threads for simple questions/answers.

LINKS to Previous Question Threads:
College Program Question Thread 1
College Program Question Thread 2
College Program Question Thread 3

Helpful Resources:
Disney Programs Blog
Character Heights/CP Auditions
Character Performer Auditions
Disney College Program Phone Interview Questions
CP 201 (College Program Hopefuls)
Older CP Hopefuls

(Please Let Me Know if I Missed One!)

Hi, there!

I'm a college student in OK considering applying to the college program next year! Do you know how married couples are housed? I just got married in March and my husband and I both graduate next May. Any info would be greatly appreciated, I've done a million google searches and haven't found a thing about married couples!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts