College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

Hi all! I'll be heading down to do the DCP this September. Anybody know anyone that could look up my ID and see where I'll be working? I'm too impatient to wait!!!! Thanks!

Hi all! I'll be heading down to do the DCP this September. Anybody know anyone that could look up my ID and see where I'll be working? I'm too impatient to wait!!!! Thanks!
My dd started her program on Sept 6 last fall. She had someone check on her placement...it changed about 3 times between when it was first checked, and when she arrived! I wouldn't count on it being set in stone until you get there! Besides....a CM could be termed for checking and telling you. Just so that you're aware. I told my dd to stop her CM friends from checking....she didn't want them putting their jobs in jeopardy! For some reason, kids don't seem to think bad stuff will happen to them...it just happens to other people!!!

Not sure if this has been posted before (first time on here, just made an account to ask this) but, can you apply to more than one job opportunity at Disney? I've never been hired but I want to apply to both the CRP and IEP/CEP. would this be accepted or would I be rejected automatically?
I also have another question! If you have been rejected after the interview, what are the chances I would be rejected again when I apply? I have improved my resume over the summer to give me more work experience and what not, but my interview performance last year was poor (I got too nervous and just babbled the whole time - hoping to improve this if I make it to the interview stage again).

I'm not as certain about the first question (I know that you're encouraged to apply for both the DCP and multiple professional internships for a single semester, but I'm not sure if the same rule would apply to IEP/CEP) but AFAIK, past rejections won't influence your next application process at all! You should have the same chance as anyone else. WRT the interview, I usually find that listening to Disney music beforehand helps to soothe the nerves and get you excited (which is definitely preferable to being anxious). There are also blogs/vlogs etc. you can check out that will list some of the questions you can expect to be asked during the interview. It's helpful to get a general idea of what your response would be to each question–but don't try to memorize your answers, or it'll sound too rehearsed.

Good luck with your application! I'm hoping to try for Spring 2018 as well.

I'm not as certain about the first question (I know that you're encouraged to apply for both the DCP and multiple professional internships for a single semester, but I'm not sure if the same rule would apply to IEP/CEP) but AFAIK, past rejections won't influence your next application process at all! You should have the same chance as anyone else. WRT the interview, I usually find that listening to Disney music beforehand helps to soothe the nerves and get you excited (which is definitely preferable to being anxious). There are also blogs/vlogs etc. you can check out that will list some of the questions you can expect to be asked during the interview. It's helpful to get a general idea of what your response would be to each question–but don't try to memorize your answers, or it'll sound too rehearsed.

Good luck with your application! I'm hoping to try for Spring 2018 as well.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I was so nervous thinking about if I would be rejected based on my application interview for 2017, you're seriously my guardian angel right now. :lovestruc
Hope to see you at Disney next year!!! :earsboy:

What is it like living on the designated residence hall for Disneyland, CA?

I'm looking into applying for next Summer and have been considering living in a separate apartment because of some bad experience reviews with the landlords, etc.
I've been trying to find people with experience in this but so far no one really answered this specifically. Thanks!

I'm planning to apply for the DCP (second program) for Spring 2018, but currently I have one more semester of college to finish at home in New York. I've been searching LinkedIn for Fall 2017 internships, and happened to come across ABC and Marvel internships. Both are technically Walt Disney Company internships and you apply through the same website. So I was wondering...if I apply to ABC/Marvel internships, will I still be able to apply for the DCP for Spring 2018? I'm assuming it should be fine, but don't want to do anything to jeopardize getting into the DCP (which is my priority) so I figured it was worth asking!

Not sure if this has been asked in any of these threads, but I have this situation where I am confused on how to proceed with my university while being a part of the DCP. I am thinking about applying for Spring, so I want to know about others experiences. How did you stay enrolled in your university while in the program? Did you take bare minimum to stay full-time? Did anyone NOT take classes from your university, but were able to go back the next semester with no penalty (or financial aid penalty)? I know online classes are the way to go, but my university isn't a banded tuition university until next year.

Sorry for all the questions, I am just afraid of losing my financial aid if I don't take classes. I am on the low end of wealth especially for a college student and if I lost my aid, I won't be able to do the program. Thank you so much for your insight!

Hey! I'm hoping to apply for Spring too, good luck! I also did the Fall 2017 program and was a part-time student while there. I got 3 credits for the program itself and another 3 for a class that I took while there (on campus, through Disney–not online through my college), so 6 credits overall. Most schools require you to earn 12 credits to stay full-time and keep your scholarships and financial aid, so you would probably need to take several classes on top of the internship itself. I knew people who managed to do that successfully, but for me...just the one class and internship responsibilities (my school required weekly "journals" and a midterm paper and final paper) were hard to juggle with what is essentially a full-time job at Disney.

So IMO this really comes down to whether or not you're okay with being a full-time student and employee while there. I found that my schedule (as a part-time student) allowed a free day or two each week to go to the parks w/ roommates (time for bonding and recreation that I really valued and enjoyed) and you may not have these opportunities as frequently if your academic workload is heavy. Like I said...it's definitely doable and has been done, but it will add stress and diminish free time.

My college (a private college) charges about $1000/credit (YMMV, public schools will be more affordable) so I paid $3,000 for the three credits I received through the internship program at my school. If you take online courses through your college, you'll likely have to pay per credit for those as well (unless you plan to take a full schedule). But it's also worth keeping in mind that the courses offered by Disney are 100% free. You can take those while on "hiatus" from school, and then transfer them as "credits from another institution." So I would definitely check w/ your advisors and see which Disney classes (if any) would count for credit at your college!

Anyway, all that being said...I once took a semester-long "hiatus" from school (unrelated to the DCP) and was only a part-time student during my DCP...and both times, when I returned to school, all of my scholarship and financial aid money was reinstated. I'm pretty sure a brief hiatus or dip into "part-time" won't hurt your financial situation in the long-term. But I'm sure if you pop into your schools financial aid center and ask how either of these choices would impact your financial aid, they would be able to tell you for sure!

Wow! Thank you so much for all the information! Even your experience gives me an idea as to how it may be if I do the program! Again, thank you so much!

Glad I could help!!! Definitely PM me if there's anything else you're curious about.

Hey everyone, I have a question about ranking roles on the DCP application! I marked "Low Interest" on Custodial and Lifeguard and "No interest" on Housekeeping and QSFB. According to this new application, these are the roles Disney needs the most people to fill. I also marked "High interest" on a lot of other roles (Attractions/BBB & Pirates League/Character Attendant/Children's Activities/Convention Guide/Merchandise/PhotoPass/Recreation Attractions/Seater, all "High interest"). Basically what I'm wondering is...w/ all those other roles marked High Interest, and Custodial/Lifeguard marked Low Interest, do you think my phone interview will ask questions about the Custodial and Lifeguard roles?

I marked them low but know that there's a very high demand for these roles, and have heard from some people that you can still get assigned to a role you marked Low Interest. I'm okay w/ that, and am mostly just trying to figure out if it's worth studying up on the questions I would be asked for these roles (along with all of the others I mentioned) to prepare for my interview.

Sorry this is kind of a ramble, I hope it makes sense!

I just finished my last program and have an attendance reprimand (I was hospitalized but of course recruiters can only see the reprimand and not the reason for it) I want to apply again but I'm worried they won't accept me. Have you ever met someone who was accepted after finishing their program with a reprimand?

I just finished my last program and have an attendance reprimand (I was hospitalized but of course recruiters can only see the reprimand and not the reason for it) I want to apply again but I'm worried they won't accept me. Have you ever met someone who was accepted after finishing their program with a reprimand?

Me! I think it's pretty common, TBH.

I know someone who was accepted for a second program after a reprimand. Hope it went well for yoU!

mlinetzky
Hey guys, first post here. You may know my mom Steamboat Marti though. I'm returning to college this spring after a semester long break and I was curious if I was eligible for the DCP for Fall Advantage 2018. Thanks!

Hello! I am a college freshman and I would LOVE to do the DCP! However I am a biomedical science major, and I don't know if I can afford to miss any of my science classes. Does Disney offer any science classes as a part of the DCP so I don't fall behind? Has anyone done the DCP as a science major and had success? Thanks in advance!

Hello! I am a college freshman and I would LOVE to do the DCP! However I am a biomedical science major, and I don't know if I can afford to miss any of my science classes. Does Disney offer any science classes as a part of the DCP so I don't fall behind? Has anyone done the DCP as a science major and had success? Thanks in advance!

https://dorms.disney.com/learning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts