• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

College Program

oliver 2001

Earning My Ears
I HAVE STUDENT THAT JUST WENT TO FLORIDA FOR THE COLLEGE PROGRAM. WE ARE PLANNING TO GO DOWN AND SEE OUR CHILD BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR.. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY THING ABOUT PARENTS DISCOUNTS?? I SAW IN THE PAPER WORK THAT THERE IS DISCOUNTS .HAS ANYONE USED THEM?? WHAT DICOUNT DO YOU GET ON ROOMS?? WE WOULD LIKE TO STAY ON DISNEY PROPERTY.. WHEN IS A GOOD TIME?? CHRISTMAS AND THANKSGIVING I THINK WOULD NOT BE A GOOD TIME TO TRAVEL AND THAT WOULD BE A BUSY TIME FOR MY CHILD... THANKS!! :cool1: :flower: :maleficen

Hey There.
Im glad to see your so excited about going to disney, but if you could lay of the caps it would be greatly appreciated.
First off, since your child is in the program, they would probably have better knowledge and easier access to the discounted information. It would be more official coming from disney. Anyone here could only give you an idea. From what Ive heard, you can get up to or around a 50% discount on the room rates. If you look on the webside for the program they say that because park tickets are ever changing, they cant quote that until you arrive, so I would tell your ds/dd to check into that.
Christmas and Thanksgiving are definatly not good times. Try avoiding holidays. Thats when kids have off of school and parents do trips then.
Hope you make it down there! Im on my way in a couple days for the program myself. My parents have been starting to plan their way down too.
Good luck!
Jen

THANKS FOR THE INFO.. I USE CAPS BECAUSE I HAVE A HARD TIME READING SMALL PRINT. MY EYE OPERATION DID NOT WORK VERY WELL :confused3 ..

Hi,
I WILL TYPE IN CAPS SO YOU CAN READ?
I AM A PARENT TOO - I THINK THAT WAS MY KID THAT ANSWERED ABOVE - SILLY I DONT KNOW WHO SHE IS HERE. ANYWAY - I WAS TOLD THAT THE CP' WILL GET A SPECIAL PHONE NUMBER AND THEY CAN MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND EXPECT 40-50% OFF ROOMS.

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, HOLIDAYS BOOK FAST AND THERE ARE ONLY SO MANY DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP.

Now it is not a phone number. The cast member has to make the res. becuase it is on the portal. unless they give you the website, user name and password they will have to do it for you. you just need to let them know where you want to stay. It is 40% off if the CM is not staying in the room and 50% if they are. But i think that there are some dates that you get less off.

I would also say dont go durning the holidays. Since CP's are so low they get the worst hours at work. If you want to see your child... like have them come around the park with you i would say go on an off season and make sure that they have enough time to put in for time off when you are there.

EPCOTgrl1 said:
Now it is not a phone number. The cast member has to make the res. becuase it is on the portal. unless they give you the website, user name and password they will have to do it for you. you just need to let them know where you want to stay. It is 40% off if the CM is not staying in the room and 50% if they are. But i think that there are some dates that you get less off.

I would also say dont go durning the holidays. Since CP's are so low they get the worst hours at work. If you want to see your child... like have them come around the park with you i would say go on an off season and make sure that they have enough time to put in for time off when you are there.

As the parent of 2 who did the college program (and one who is now working permanently at MK) it is much more difficult now than it used to be. If your child gives you her access codes you can look for the rooms. I believe the discounts (other than holiday seasons) are 50% at the deluxes and 40% at the values and moderates. On the website you can also only book a maximum of 7 days. I don't know if you can then call and add to the reservation or not. My problem is we are trying for next June and evidently those days are not on the system yet (the cast portal system). In the past, I always made our next year reservations as soon as we got back .... not this year for next year. Still waiting.
Cast members can also purchase discounted tickets. I think the discount is around 10% of the normal rate....not great but better than full price. That info is on the portal, too.

They Can Make Reservations By Phone, Or By Portal.

The Time Period Between Christmas And New Years Is Insane For The Cp's. They Are Very Busy, Likely On 6 Day Weeks, And In Many Cases, They Are Packing To Go Home Too. My Parents Visited The Week Between Christmas And New Years, Up To New Years Day. I Didnt Have Much Time To Spend With Them.

TSR6 said:
They Can Make Reservations By Phone, Or By Portal

Sorry to disagree but unless the reservation is for within the next 3 days, the portal must be used, unless there has been another change within the past few days. DD and well as I called and were told the same thing. All reservations now through the portal (unless for a stay within three days, then a call is accepted).

Actually you can book room reservations over the phone. I live in NH and when I finished my program in 2001 they reset my portal information. I keep saying I am going to reregister everytime I go down...but I always get caught up in other things...hard I know :)

Because I do not have access to the portal (and I can't register for it) I am able to make reservations over the phone at the cast #. Oh yeah...I am a campus rep for the college program so I still get the discounts.

Hopefully I will go register in Nov!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter