Columbus Day crowds

TNickell27

If they had Butterbeer at Epcot, I'd never leave.
Do you think Columbus Day crowds will be similar to Labor Day? We will be at Disney but are going to do universal on Monday the 12th. I’m nervous about the crowds! And I’m trying to decide if Express Pass would be worth it.

I wouldn't think so. Other than government offices and banks, most businesses and schools always seem to be open, so it won't be a long weekend for that many.

Last time I was there on Columbus Day weekend it was packed, this was in 2018. They actually ran out of rotisserie chickens at the three broomsticks and every single aisle was full of people in the King's Cross train station and it was a 2 hour wait for the train (and that was without social distancing).

What this year will be like who knows!!

Most Florida students have Columbus Day off, so there may be lots of locals taking a long weekend at the parks. Also is a popular time for fall breaks, I'd say weekend will definitely be crowded. Probably thin out after lunch on Monday, but with this year, it's hard to say.

It looks like the Orlando area schools have Columbus Day as a student holiday (teacher in service day). We have the same thing in the Houston area, kids out of school for Columbus Day.

2020-2021 Calendar

It does not look good. Oct 9, 11-13, 15-16 are already full for Hollywood Studios.

Yeah i'm going to Hollywood Studios on the 13th and figured it would be at capacity! Welp, sounds like i need to splurge on Express pass for Universal on Monday the 12th!!

Yeah i'm going to Hollywood Studios on the 13th and figured it would be at capacity! Welp, sounds like i need to splurge on Express pass for Universal on Monday the 12th!!
A popular crowd calendar has Oct 12 listed as 6/10. (Oct 10 and 11 are both 7/10 crowd level)

You can check to see how much Universal is charging for EP. They tend to raise the price on the EPs when expecting larger amounts of people.
You can wait to purchase it on the day of your visit...to get an idea of wait times....but then you do run the risk of them selling out.

That’s the same timeframe for our 2021 HHN trip. Staying at RPR club, and rooms are disappearing even that far out at RPR and HRH. My last child in school always has a 4 day weekend that coincides with Columbus Day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!