*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

We're booked at Coronado (in lieu of ASSp) 4/20-4/26. I'm running the First Order Challenge! So excited!

ETA: Date/resort change and no more solo (that's ok) but now my mom is coming with me and we're going to stay to celebrate her 60th Birthday! :)

Last edited:
Hey everybody!

We're headed to All Star Music 4/14 - 4/25

We've made as many ADRs as we wanted to for the time being because we're usually the kind of people who like to wing it. So far we booked Coral Reef, the Boathouse & Planet Hollywood.

I'm also really looking forward to Flower and Garden festival :daisy::butterfly

Joining in the fun! DH and I are going April 12 - 16.

When each grandchild turns 5 we take them on their own special trip to Disney World. So far we've taken four of the seven. We will have two turning five in 2018, so we'll be there in April, then again September of 2018.

How awesome

@disneychic2 That is so sweet. Can you be my grandma too? LOL

Anyone else still tweaking their plans? We decided a bit too late that BoG would be interesting, so I think that's out... I keep checking just in case cause you never know... I want lunch time though not dinner. That of course is the hardest to get. For ADRs we've got Sci Fi (likely for something liight as it's mid-afternoon), Crystal Palace as a PPO on our 2nd MK day, Raglan Road on our off day for lunch/brunch.

One month-ish til FP window opens!

Anyone else still tweaking their plans? We decided a bit too late that BoG would be interesting, so I think that's out... I keep checking just in case cause you never know... I want lunch time though not dinner. That of course is the hardest to get. For ADRs we've got Sci Fi (likely for something liight as it's mid-afternoon), Crystal Palace as a PPO on our 2nd MK day, Raglan Road on our off day for lunch/brunch.

I would definitely check after the FP window opens as people may drop/edit their ADR after they schedule FP. Also, check 24 hours prior since people will cancel before they are charged that $10 per person, so you may get lucky!

@disneychic2 Anyone else still tweaking their plans? We decided a bit too late that BoG would be interesting, so I think that's out... I keep checking just in case cause you never know... I want lunch time though not dinner. That of course is the hardest to get. For ADRs we've got Sci Fi (likely for something liight as it's mid-afternoon), Crystal Palace as a PPO on our 2nd MK day, Raglan Road on our off day for lunch/brunch.

I will be tweaking my plans until the day before I leave, probably. Mostly because I have WAY too many ADR's and other places I want to eat. I'm trying to remind myself that I'm on a solo trip and I simply cannot eat all of the food I'm planning on...but it's hard.

I've made a few placeholder ADRs but not sure we'll keep them all—STK, Whispering Canyon, Coral Reef, and Le Cellier. Definitely still tweaking those. Set on what FP we want...REALLY hoping for FoP!!

Don't give up on BoG just yet, we've struck lucky with it before after thinking we were too late to grab a reservation.

DH is practically itching to tweek our plans lol we weren't doing ADRs but he can't help himself so I'm expecting more to be added to the ones we've already booked.

I just know that as soon as the FP window opens our plans will most likely have a switch round.

I will be tweaking my plans until the day before I leave, probably. Mostly because I have WAY too many ADR's and other places I want to eat. I'm trying to remind myself that I'm on a solo trip and I simply cannot eat all of the food I'm planning on...but it's hard.

I'm finding this same thing. I want to make ADRs for lunch and dinner but being solo, it seems silly. I have a few, but may add more... we'll see!

I'm finding this same thing. I want to make ADRs for lunch and dinner but being solo, it seems silly. I have a few, but may add more... we'll see!
I was just about to ask anyone going solo. Lol just curious I'm there from 20th to 28th

Hi all! After a lot of back-and-forth on dates, I'm finally decided for April 9th - 16th! I'm split-staying at POFQ and AKL (renting points) and this will be my 2nd solo trip (7th trip overall).

I've been planning this for MONTHS but now that I'm actually putting money down it feels much more real. Can't wait!
I just booked my first solo trip am staying 10-16; excited but a little nervous about going it alone; how was your first trip?

I just booked my first solo trip am staying 10-16; excited but a little nervous about going it alone; how was your first trip?

That's awesome, congratulations! My first solo trip went really well...only stayed for 6 nights so you can tell I added a few nights to my trip this time around.

Don't be nervous - it's so fun and freeing. If you're having a not-so-stellar time somewhere you can change your mind immediately, you can do whatever you want with your day, and there's no one to tell you you're doing Disney wrong. And if you're worried people will notice you're by yourself...they won't, and if they do they won't care. And you usually get rows to yourself (at least I did).

Yeah, that's my issue. I'm trying to do one ADR a day and then quick service for the other parts. It should work out well. There's only one day where I want to double-up (lunch at Sanaa, dinner at Jiko) but I think I'll just see if I can grab a seat at the Sanaa lounge...making two ADR's is a bit too constricting.

My flights are officially booked! I've been stalking the southwest site to move my 1 stop flight to a non stop flight, but i didn't have enough miles. I just checked and the miles dropped! So now I have a non stop to MCO! Woot woot! :cool1:
Our original flight was supposed to land late, so we were going to stay at a hotel by the airport, but now we'll be getting in early enough that a ride on DME makes sense. Do I want to make a 1 night at an All Star before we move to boardwalk? Decisions, decisions.... :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter